ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
BWillie 03:42 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by Weapon X:
In for crypto discussion.

Made a small fortune in this year, weathering the current storm until Aug 1st BTC drama ends and we can get back to focusing on the MFing moon.
Yeah seems like this is driving bitcoin and other crypto down for the moment. Don't expect it to get better in the next couple of weeks either. I think I'm going to hold all of it until Sept 1st. Seems like some other people I respect about crypto expect the same as you indicated.
[Reply]
Trivers 02:29 PM 07-16-2017
Does it concern you that Ethereum has dropped from $369 to $151 in 30 days? Or Bitcoin from $2700 to $1900??

Starting to lay out the rough outline of our possible ICO. Lots of homework and groundwork awaits us.
[Reply]
-King- 03:25 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Does it concern you that Ethereum has dropped from $369 to $151 in 30 days? Or Bitcoin from $2700 to $1900??

Starting to lay out the rough outline of our possible ICO. Lots of homework and groundwork awaits us.
I really wish I had sold at 300+. Or not bought more at 350 thinking that was the low point.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:57 PM 07-16-2017
i sold at like 180 and took a 60 dollar loss or so. Generally if I find out a hot tip it isnt hot at all.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:04 PM 07-16-2017
Anyone bailing on it right now is an idiot. I'm buying more of it for cheap
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:08 PM 07-16-2017
When this "scaling debate" subsides the bitcoin network will be well regarded by the media as a self correcting system because of social consensus inherent within the code's protocol. New money will enter the market and prices will trend higher.

Meanwhile very little has changed at all with Ethereum. This is simply the case of the #1 cryptocurrency having a real decision point and the uncertainty is dragging down the entire market because, quite frankly, it is still vaporware until your first Dapps hit the streets.

My gut tells me that this upcoming holiday season will be pretty damn exciting for crypto.

Edit: For the guy correctly stating Coinbase has been shady. I've switched to Gemini.com
[Reply]
Trivers 05:16 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
When this "scaling debate" subsides the bitcoin network will be well regarded by the media as a self correcting system because of social consensus inherent within the code's protocol. New money will enter the market and prices will trend higher.

Meanwhile very little has changed at all with Ethereum. This is simply the case of the #1 cryptocurrency having a real decision point and the uncertainty is dragging down the entire market because, quite frankly, it is still vaporware until your first Dapps hit the streets.

My gut tells me that this upcoming holiday season will be pretty damn exciting for crypto.

Edit: For the guy correctly stating Coinbase has been shady. I've switched to Gemini.com
Good post.

Shady? I just signed with them and bought on Saturday. :-) Why do you say that?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:20 PM 07-16-2017
Coinbase goes down at important times not letting you buy or sell, but it looks and seems legit to me.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:20 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Good post.

Shady? I just signed with them and bought on Saturday. :-) Why do you say that?
Coinbase has a storied history of going offline during hours of high volatility. Its kind of bullshit
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:04 PM 07-16-2017
Replace the names and this could easily be a Motley Fool thread from 1999.

FWIW - if I had to bet I'd say BTC and ETH could just as easily go up 10x from here as crash. Once you make it easy for my uncle to invest - the shit could really take off.

But make no mistake the crash will eventually come. Bubbles don't exist w/o true believers. But the skeptics usually get out with something intact. Unless you're that skeptic that finally capitulates at the top of the market. Don't be that guy. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 07:30 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'm not bailing but I'm mad as fuck for buying more at $340. My initial buy was at $97 so until it starts hovering that number, I'm not selling.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:28 PM 07-16-2017
Also in for crypto talk. Just bought in last week with Litecoin and some Ether. We'll see how it goes. I'm planning on hodling through this August 1st mess (or non-mess, which is my belief) and see what pans out.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:31 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Replace the names and this could easily be a Motley Fool thread from 1999.

FWIW - if I had to bet I'd say BTC and ETH could just as easily go up 10x from here as crash. Once you make it easy for my uncle to invest - the shit could really take off.

But make no mistake the crash will eventually come. Bubbles don't exist w/o true believers. But the skeptics usually get out with something intact. Unless you're that skeptic that finally capitulates at the top of the market. Don't be that guy. :-)
I hear you but remember this truth. Every pre-IPO stock price has bubbled up from pennies. The word bubble is tossed around a lot because its fun to say.
[Reply]
58-4ever 06:46 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Agree. This is definitely a bubble, but the bubble is a few years away from bursting. There is a TON of money to be made here.
[Reply]
Weapon X 08:01 AM 07-17-2017
How's everyone holding up weathering the storm?

Bitmain started signalling for SegWit 2x today, so this might be over in a week.

Stay strong, bros.

#HODLyfe
[Reply]
Page 24 of 261
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up