ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2731 of 3903
« First < 1731223126312681272127272728272927302731 273227332734273527412781283132313731 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 11:25 AM 07-28-2020
‘Benefits Outweigh Costs’: Bill Gates Says Kids Should Return To School ‘In Almost Every Location’

Billionaire Bill Gates on Tuesday weighed in on the debate over reopening schools, saying “the benefits outweigh the costs.”

In no uncertain terms, Gates said that kids younger than 13 should return to school “in almost every location.”

“I’m a big believer that for young children, the benefits in almost every location — particularly if you can protect the teachers well — the benefits outweigh the costs,” he said in an interview that aired Tuesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Gates said the situation gets more complicated with older students. “As you get up to age, like, 13 and higher, then you’ll have to look at your locale to decide what you’ll do with high schools,” he said. “And if they’re not in, then you have to put massive effort into trying to get there to be continued learning online.”

But the co-founder of Microsoft also predicted there’s a “good chance” for a “substantial reduction” in the death rate within the next few months.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/benef...every-location
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:31 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
‘Benefits Outweigh Costs’: Bill Gates Says Kids Should Return To School ‘In Almost Every Location’

Billionaire Bill Gates on Tuesday weighed in on the debate over reopening schools, saying “the benefits outweigh the costs.”

In no uncertain terms, Gates said that kids younger than 13 should return to school “in almost every location.”

“I’m a big believer that for young children, the benefits in almost every location — particularly if you can protect the teachers well — the benefits outweigh the costs,” he said in an interview that aired Tuesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Gates said the situation gets more complicated with older students. “As you get up to age, like, 13 and higher, then you’ll have to look at your locale to decide what you’ll do with high schools,” he said. “And if they’re not in, then you have to put massive effort into trying to get there to be continued learning online.”

But the co-founder of Microsoft also predicted there’s a “good chance” for a “substantial reduction” in the death rate within the next few months.

Well you know who obviously got to him.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:32 AM 07-28-2020
Ignore the title of the video, the video is not political outside of the title.

The video has been removed but was it the same video staring this woman?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine
[Reply]
DaFace 11:34 AM 07-28-2020

There's been a lot of evidence to suggest that kids (especially young kids) aren't likely to be common sources of spread, so this makes sense to me.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:35 AM 07-28-2020

When did he get a doctorate of epidemiology?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's been a lot of evidence to suggest that kids (especially young kids) aren't likely to be common sources of spread, so this makes sense to me.
Oh yeah when he says it

I still have bruises from the bars of soaps in socks from when i said it a month ago.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:40 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh yeah when he says it

I still have bruises from the bars of soaps in socks from when i said it a month ago.
I don't think you've seen that from me...
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think you've seen that from me...

via GIPHY

[Reply]
TLO 11:46 AM 07-28-2020
I wish someone would just spill the beans already on these theraputics I'm hearing rumblings about. I've heard a lot of speculation, but I'm not getting my hopes up until it's announced.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:48 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I wish someone would just spill the beans already on these theraputics I'm hearing rumblings about. I've heard a lot of speculation, but I'm not getting my hopes up until it's announced.
Anything specific? I think there's just lots of random things that people are playing around with.

My favorite lately has been seaweed.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90532822...vir-in-the-lab
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 07-28-2020
Oh yeah when he says it

Because most of the people in this thread have an agenda.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because most of the people in this thread have an agenda.
Everyone has an agenda
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:52 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Me neither and we need ones that don't require an IV. Basically we just need a damn pill.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Me neither and we need ones that don't require an IV. Basically we just need a damn pill.
Gonna be pretty difficult with a virus.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:55 AM 07-28-2020
Everyone has an agenda
I don’t think you do bud. You’ve been pretty much in the middle about all of this.
[Reply]
Page 2731 of 3903
« First < 1731223126312681272127272728272927302731 273227332734273527412781283132313731 > Last »
Up