ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
Nixhex 01:57 PM 04-09-2021
Sounds to me like the Democrats want you to just be able to walk into any voting station and be able to vote. They don't care if you are here legally. They don't care if you are voting in a state you reside in. They don't care if you vote more than once in the same election. How can you prevent any of that without requiring some form of identification and/or proof of residency? The arguments that these types of things should be null and void because it suppresses voter turnout or is racist is some of the dumbest, most irrational shit I have ever heard.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:29 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
Sounds to me like the Democrats want you to just be able to walk into any voting station and be able to vote. They don't care if you are here legally. They don't care if you are voting in a state you reside in. They don't care if you vote more than once in the same election. How can you prevent any of that without requiring some form of identification and/or proof of residency? The arguments that these types of things should be null and void because it suppresses voter turnout or is racist is some of the dumbest, most irrational shit I have ever heard.
When satire and real life intersect.

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrat...some-elections

Originally Posted by :
Democrats Warn That If HR 1 Isn’t Passed, Republicans Could Win Some Elections

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:04 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
Perfectly encapsulated view of their attitude

Even our seemingly reasonable dems here will alternately defend and tapdance around how obvious this ploy is... and its pretty damn disgusting
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:59 PM 04-10-2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:23 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Perfectly encapsulated view of their attitude

Even our seemingly reasonable dems here will alternately defend and tapdance around how obvious this ploy is... and its pretty damn disgusting
Just as blatant as the ploy to use voting restrictions to create inconveniences and lines in order to discourage very specific voters from participating. We're talking about Georgia counties where early voting had literally hours of waiting. I'm cool with reasonable voter id requirements but realize that these restrictions should demand equally aggressive expansions to in person voting availability. Georgia better be damn confident about that because this will blow up again the minute there are lines.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:56 PM 04-10-2021

While playing "Georgia On My Mind" too. What everyone should realize about Twitter cancelation outrage. It's. All. Bullshit. Literally, it's not real. It's a false algorithmic narrative. Find a tiny minority of angry accounts, pump them up for 24 hours & then move to next outrage https://t.co/NZXMwxKJFA

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) April 9, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 08:02 PM 04-14-2021
Do you think corporations and sports leagues have any idea that Twitter is not reality?

Less than 4% of the population actively use it

Very interesting numbers here: Only 7 percent of Americans use Twitter. Of that, 52 percent with a profile never tweet. That means all tweets come from the same 3.36 percent of our population. https://t.co/Fy19yo5a3k

— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
eDave 08:09 PM 04-14-2021
Hollywood, a big source of revenue, starting to pull out. Will Smith movie is leaving. Not a great idea.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:17 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Do you think corporations and sports leagues have any idea that Twitter is not reality?

And 80% of those tweets come from left leaning politics.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 PM 04-15-2021
Good start

In mid-March, MLB's net favorability rating among Republicans was 47%, the highest of the four major U.S. sports leagues. Since then, it has plummeted to 12%, dropping the league below the NFL and NHL, according to new data. https://t.co/nxF2b3kjs8

— Axios (@axios) April 15, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:16 AM 04-17-2021
Tomorrow, I will take yard waste out to the compost dump.

I HAVE TO SHOW MY ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Katipan 09:44 AM 04-17-2021

There is only 1 poster here that routinely shows me tweets to define his arguments.

That ratio seems correct.
[Reply]
philfree 09:49 AM 04-17-2021

Yeah but how many people read those tweets and then form an opinion?
[Reply]
LOCOChief 10:18 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
. Georgia better be damn confident about that because this will blow up again the minute there are lines.
Georgia has what, 17 days of early voting? Waiting in line for a “minute” is voter suppression? Woke fucking retard
[Reply]
banyon 09:03 PM 04-20-2021
Whoa:

Chuck Grassley claims MLB moving the All-Star Game from Georgia cost the state "100 million jobs" pic.twitter.com/bEHQvTEK25

— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) April 20, 2021

[Reply]
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Up