ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
BossChief 11:23 PM 02-04-2023
Hilarious that anyone thinks Tee Higgins is going to accept anything close to 20m aav…or anything less than top dollar on an extension.

His deal will be up there with Adams/Hill.

Supply and demand
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:31 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I think the Bengals will sit down and talk to find out where Tee and his team is. If it's stupid money, like Bates, they'll just offer him around and get some picks in return.

They know the most important part of this offseason is getting that line right and protecting Burrow. They still have Chase, Boyd and Hurst and they'll draft a WR.

The formula is, as you all know, elite QB, Oline, at least one superstar receiver and a bunch of interchangeable RBs and lower WRs.

You have to be willing to let go of some good players, get picks in return, draft well and hit more than miss in FA. The last 2 years the Bengals have shown all of that except the letting a good player go for picks part.
Mahomes scoffs at bitches needing a super star receiver. It helps, sure, but give my guy a defense, and let’s roll.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:16 AM 02-05-2023
If Tyreek didn't want an outrageous bag. The Chiefs wouldn't be in their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years. It also took Veatch to get the draft picks and FAs. Then for Mahomes to have an MVP season. It started with draft picks and freed up cap space from the Hill trade.

Fitz magic and now The Trade, thanks Fins
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:18 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
It would be hard for agent to go along with that. Tory Dandy was agent for DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel. Last year all were 2nd rounders going into 4th year. Tee Higgins agent would look like a bad agent if he does not get an extension or trade and extend,

If Chiefs can have Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Jones, Brown and Clark paid what they are paid, Bengals can afford to pay Higgins, Chase and Burrow.

Bengals should keep them and pay them all, and the talk about it being impossible is fans of other teams rooting against them out of fear or speculative schadenfreude.
It’s not schadenfreude.

That downplays the great work veach has done cleaning up the cap. The masterful work spags has done with a freshman secondary. The way mahomes has carried a meh receiver corps.

Cincy will have way less wiggle room. Burrow and chase will cost way more than anyone on our roster. And their front office is notoriously cheap.

And if they do pay tee big money how will they afford guys like Hendrickson. And reader. And Boyd. And hurst. And flowers. And bates. Because they’ve got some mega contracts coming due and they can’t possibly expect to bring everyone back. If they do it’ll be a desperate attempt to win now that’ll blow their cap apart sooner vs later. For every chiefs and patriots that manage the cap beautifully behind an expensive qb there are way way more packers and saints and giants and ravens and Steelers that don’t.

Burrows a good qb. Maybe good enough to overcome it. But its a hell of an ask to expect him to be mahomes and Zac Taylor to be Reid who can overcome this. They’re going to have to do more with less because they will lose talent while we gain talent.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:08 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hilarious that anyone thinks Tee Higgins is going to accept anything close to 20m aav…or anything less than top dollar on an extension.

Supply and demand
And whatever team he goes to will plummet.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:09 AM 02-05-2023
MVS outplayed Higgens last game. Think about that.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:49 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not sure if you are serious on this. No non QB is worth 5 picks.
We got 5 picks for Hill.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:36 AM 02-05-2023
I thought he was already "outrageously" Tee Bagged in the AFCCG by our DBs. All three of their top WRs didn't go over 100 yards
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:28 AM 02-05-2023
I think a lot of top teams will look at what the Chiefs done with Hill and replicate it. Cincy would be smart to just trade Higgins. I don’t know the situation with Buffalo and Diggs, but I’ve heard rumblings that he could be traded.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:39 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I think a lot of top teams will look at what the Chiefs done with Hill and replicate it. Cincy would be smart to just trade Higgins. I don’t know the situation with Buffalo and Diggs, but I’ve heard rumblings that he could be traded.
Emotions were high. They need him. They'll work it out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:46 AM 02-05-2023
If the Bengals are smart, they work a Hill style trade deal. Take the haul of picks, work on their offensive line, and draft another WR somewhere in there.

If it were me, I'd figure out how to keep Burrow and Chase, and I'd move the other pieces as needed to keep re-stocking draft capital.

Burrow was right in that any year in which you have an elite QB, your window is open provided you keep a team around them.

It can be different and still be potent.

But it takes front office discipline, and it takes superior coaching. We'll find out of Cinci has it.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:03 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Supply and demand
Will a single team out there give up a first rounder AND pay Tee Higgins that type of money? Cinci might just let him walk next year for the 3rd rounder. At least you've have him one more year.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:12 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We got 5 picks for Hill.
Good point. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:40 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If the Bengals are smart, they work a Hill style trade deal. Take the haul of picks, work on their offensive line, and draft another WR somewhere in there.

If it were me, I'd figure out how to keep Burrow and Chase, and I'd move the other pieces as needed to keep re-stocking draft capital.

Burrow was right in that any year in which you have an elite QB, your window is open provided you keep a team around them.

It can be different and still be potent.

But it takes front office discipline, and it takes superior coaching. We'll find out of Cinci has it.
Yup. It cant be emphasized enough how much of our success is due to the brilliance of our coaching and mahomes. We paid way less for our receivers. And spags has shown he can coach up a ton of young talent.

We’ve proven we can do more with less. The bengals still haven’t proven they can do more with more.
[Reply]
nychief 08:46 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Will a single team out there give up a first rounder AND pay Tee Higgins that type of money? Cinci might just let him walk next year for the 3rd rounder. At least you've have him one more year.
for sure. Also, why a 1st? We didn't even get a first for Reek. But a team like the Giants would do that. Big target for their shitty QB.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up