ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:32 AM 02-04-2023
I personally am rooting for them to extend BOTH Chase and Higgins. Go ahead and pay two receivers like #1s just as your QB starts to make $50 million a year. They will have no offensive line and no defense. You can't pay an elite QB and elite receiver in today's NFL much less an elite QB and TWO receivers.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 02-04-2023
He’s worth what…a lower end 1st round pick? Maybe a top of the 2nd?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:40 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah that’s kinda what I am wondering. I don’t think the Bengals get more for him than what KC got for Hill.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:48 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
I personally am rooting for them to extend BOTH Chase and Higgins. Go ahead and pay two receivers like #1s just as your QB starts to make $50 million a year. They will have no offensive line and no defense. You can't pay an elite QB and elite receiver in today's NFL much less an elite QB and TWO receivers.
This!
If it wasn't for Veach, we'd be in the same spot. Pretty ballsy to start, mostly Div.II level secondary talent and say, they can immediately handle the top NFL WR's.
[Reply]
TLO 09:51 AM 02-04-2023
Outrageous bag
[Reply]
wazu 10:03 AM 02-04-2023
Higgins has one year left on his contract. I'd think they would want him to play it out, then franchise w/ possible trade. This is their window.
[Reply]
notorious 10:12 AM 02-04-2023
So.

It.

Begins.
[Reply]
notorious 10:14 AM 02-04-2023
“Cincy drafts well. That’s how they got all this talent”

When you draft top 5 for a decade you should accumulate talent. Let’s see how they do drafting at the bottom of each round for a few years.
[Reply]
jettio 10:17 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Higgins has one year left on his contract. I'd think they would want him to play it out, then franchise w/ possible trade. This is their window.
It would be hard for agent to go along with that. Tory Dandy was agent for DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel. Last year all were 2nd rounders going into 4th year. Tee Higgins agent would look like a bad agent if he does not get an extension or trade and extend,

If Chiefs can have Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Jones, Brown and Clark paid what they are paid, Bengals can afford to pay Higgins, Chase and Burrow.

Bengals should keep them and pay them all, and the talk about it being impossible is fans of other teams rooting against them out of fear or speculative schadenfreude.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:27 AM 02-04-2023
If they’re smart they’ll keep him one more year, then tag and trade.

I would draft a WR early this year regardless
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:30 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I’m sure the Bengals would love Higgins to play for $3M next year.

Tee and his agent gonna play hardball, though, as they should.
[Reply]
wazu 10:34 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
It would be hard for agent to go along with that. Tory Dandy was agent for DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel. Last year all were 2nd rounders going into 4th year. Tee Higgins agent would look like a bad agent if he does not get an extension or trade and extend,

If Chiefs can have Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Jones, Brown and Clark paid what they are paid, Bengals can afford to pay Higgins, Chase and Burrow.

Bengals should keep them and pay them all, and the talk about it being impossible is fans of other teams rooting against them out of fear or speculative schadenfreude.
Guess you're right. Just seems like very few "hold out" scenarios happen anymore. Although that's probably a result of teams being more aggressive with either extending or trading players.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:43 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe. But maybe not at a ridiculous contract/cap hit. That and how much did his stats benefit from the rest of the offense? Things for other teams to consider if he goes on the trading block.

Bungles front office better start focusing on their drafting skills.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:19 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Agreed. The Cincy defense has been a massive part of their success. The deck would be stacked pretty hard against them to keep such a strong defense if they pay all 3 of their main guys on offense.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:48 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who’s got a qb on a rookie deal that needs a good wr?

The bears maybe?
Sure why not. Higgins would help them for sure. Seahawks, Steelers, Jets, Packers are just a few teams that could possibly add Higgins.

Maybe, it's a good thing the Bengals can get a high draft pick for Higgins now with the potential of having a good player at a low cost over the next few years. The Chiefs did exactly this and they came out fine. Bengals could do the same but that's the risk you take.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up