ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 3903
« First < 205255295301302303304305 3063073083093153554058051305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:51 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sorry to hear the news about your employer.
I am self-employed but my restaurant is inside a Public library. They have decided to close to the public until March 31st.

I also co-own a travel company that is being hurt by all of this. Travel is dirt cheap right now, but people are scared right now.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:53 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
They are trying to take measures before things go to hell so they don't go to hell.

It's hard for people to realize how serious this is. It's like 9/11 where it took days and weeks for people to realize things are different now. I was young and guilty of that myself - walking around 1/2 believing the events that were happening.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Yup.

At some point someone will have to scream at all the man-babies "shut up and do it NOW."

We can prevent panic.

Or the stores will empty, the hospitals will fill, and our choices will all be made for us...
[Reply]
Donger 08:54 AM 03-16-2020
I am self-employed but my restaurant is inside a Public library. They have decided to close to the public until March 31st.

I also co-own a travel company that is being hurt by all of this. Travel is dirt cheap right now, but people are scared right now.
Double whammy. Sorry brother. Hold on.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:55 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Gas down to 1.79 at Costco/Sams.
Wherever you want to be for the next 6 months you better go there now...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 03-16-2020
:-) Didnt work out for this price gouger

[Reply]
Mennonite 08:59 AM 03-16-2020
"It's hard for people to realize how serious this is. It's like 9/11 where it took days and weeks for people to realize things are different now."

Everyone knew that the world had changed forever when the second plane hit. Everyone. To say it took "days and weeks" for people to figure out that there was a new reality is absolutely not true.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:07 AM 03-16-2020
Wife was told to work from home this week (thankfully she can do that) but I suspect it will be longer. I work at a probation office, so no, we don't close...until we do that is. I'm curious about what is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Our officers work with a population that is, to say the least, not the most hygienic. Now with this on top of it...whew...we have signs all over the office, we have hand sanitizer everywhere, we have hand washing protocols in place...but no matter what, these guys HAVE to see their people, they can't telecommute. As such, neither can support staff. It's gonna be interesting...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:09 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
"It's hard for people to realize how serious this is. It's like 9/11 where it took days and weeks for people to realize things are different now."

Everyone knew that the world had changed forever when the second plane hit. Everyone. To say it took "days and weeks" for people to figure out that there was a new reality is absolutely not true.
I stated that poorly.

What you said is true. It was also true that it was hard for some people to believe that what happened just happened. A lot of people literally said "is this really happening?"

Drastic and fast change is hard for people who aren't prepared for it. Honestly, most people aren't prepared for it.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:09 AM 03-16-2020
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
Why do you think it’s ridiculous?
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:09 AM 03-16-2020

Some of the local restaurants here are now offering a delivery service starting today.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:12 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I stated that poorly.

What you said is true. It was also true that it was hard for some people to believe that what happened just happened. A lot of people literally said "is this really happening?"

Drastic and fast change is hard for people who aren't prepared for it. Honestly, most people aren't prepared for it.

Understood.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:13 AM 03-16-2020
Hard quarantine rumors fake news right now. Apparently attention whore's doing what they do on FB.

If you click this link there will be some political points of view. I value his reporting/opinion though...

https://youtu.be/ox8qCOFsk_M
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:15 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
whats the % of the elderly in Spain?

Without sports, we need some sort of competition. Are we going to let Japan and South Korea beat us? Socially isolate, people, and let's win this freaking thing!
[Reply]
Jerm 09:19 AM 03-16-2020

Let the curve flattening begin: https://t.co/GLp2DQjnfG

— Ryan Ross (@rrossAPP) March 16, 2020

It's coming, just a matter of when....
[Reply]
Rausch 09:19 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Just wanted to quote this.

It's sort of become a habit at work when we're about to do something that's going to suck: "Hey...Chiefs won the fuck'n super bowl..."

It does make me smile...
[Reply]
Page 305 of 3903
« First < 205255295301302303304305 3063073083093153554058051305 > Last »
Up