ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
Dante84 09:34 AM 08-22-2022
Joshua Soso
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:53 AM 08-22-2022
Yeah, id be surprised if he makes the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. He's a safe bet for the PS. Nobody will claim him.
He may sign on someone else's practice squad if he sees a better opportunity.

But I can't see any way he makes someone's 53. He's PS at best. And honestly, he's not even demonstrated that he's a no brainer on the PS given that you can stash veterans there again this year.

I'd try to get Stallworth on the PS before Kaindoh. He's just not showing anything.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:19 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He may sign on someone else's practice squad if he sees a better opportunity.

But I can't see any way he makes someone's 53. He's PS at best. And honestly, he's not even demonstrated that he's a no brainer on the PS given that you can stash veterans there again this year.

I'd try to get Stallworth on the PS before Kaindoh. He's just not showing anything.
I am hoping that his inability to make this roster is a good sign that we are stronger (and I believe that is correct)...but man he has been bad, maybe even worse than I remembered.

I agree, no loss if someone picks him for their PS. He doesn't even flash athleticism which is the upside they were hoping they could build on. Dude's motor is just about non-existent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I am hoping that his inability to make this roster is a good sign that we are stronger (and I believe that is correct)...but man he has been bad, maybe even worse than I remembered.

I agree, no loss if someone picks him for their PS. He doesn't even flash athleticism which is the upside they were hoping they could build on. Dude's motor is just about non-existent.
Yeah, this is where I land as well.

I remember watching Tim Ward and thinking 'man, he's got a little burst'. Wharton was the most recent example of a raw player who at least demonstrated NFL physical tools.

I just haven't seen it from Kaindoh at all. Where's that athleticism that made him the #1 recruit in the country out of high school? He's just...there. He's like Mike Danna without the motor.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:55 AM 08-22-2022
He was a bad pick, a bad evaluation who didn't even flash much athleticism at college level. He was basically a great high school athlete. Shame but you win some you lose some. For every Smith/Sneed there's going to be 2 or more Kaindohs.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:58 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, this is where I land as well.

I remember watching Tim Ward and thinking 'man, he's got a little burst'. Wharton was the most recent example of a raw player who at least demonstrated NFL physical tools.

I just haven't seen it from Kaindoh at all. Where's that athleticism that made him the #1 recruit in the country out of high school? He's just...there. He's like Mike Danna without the motor.
His over all football IQ is very questionable as well. Much of the time he crashes down on a run and leaves his side vacated for a big gain.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:19 AM 08-22-2022
Joshua Sucksdoh
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:07 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Loved this guy in round 5.

He’s a former 5 star. Great measurables.

You all will like this pick after you dig in. Trust me.

I don’t trust any of your evaluations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:09 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
His over all football IQ is very questionable as well. Much of the time he crashes down on a run and leaves his side vacated for a big gain.
Kid does not know how to play football. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I don’t trust any of your evaluations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG I really liked a 4th round pick, that even I said should've gone in round 5, and he didn't turn into a star.

I must be a moron, right? :-)

You only pay attention to my misses. You're never around for the hits like Kelce, Jones, Hunt, Sneed, Gay, Bolton, Karlaftis, etc.

You've never once given an evaluation. You operate in hindsight 100% of the time. You're fucking useless.

Go fuck yourself weirdo.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:36 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He was a bad pick, a bad evaluation who didn't even flash much athleticism at college level. He was basically a great high school athlete. Shame but you win some you lose some. For every Smith/Sneed there's going to be 2 or more Kaindohs.
An end of the 4th round pick, who has prototypical size and speed? Also coming from a college whos been notorious for not developing talent. Thats the exact kind of swing good Gm's make. Was there someone there at that pick you felt like secured us last seasons super bowl?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
An end of the 4th round pick, who has prototypical size and speed? Also coming from a college whos been notorious for not developing talent. Thats the exact kind of swing good Gm's make. Was there someone there at that pick you felt like secured us last seasons super bowl?
People don't understand that when you take big swings like this late, chances are they aren't going to work out.

I really liked Kaindoh in the 5th, and I thought he was a good pick in round 4. That doesn't mean that I would've guaranteed he'd be a good player. If that's the case, I would've been calling for him on day 2.

He said for every Sneed/Smith there are 2 or more Kaindoh's.

That's an understatement. More like 20 Kaindoh's.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:43 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
People don't understand that when you take big swings like this late, chances are they aren't going to work out.

I really liked Kaindoh in the 5th, and I thought he was a good pick in round 4. That doesn't mean that I would've guaranteed he'd be a good player. If that's the case, I would've been calling for him on day 2.

He said for every Sneed/Smith there are 2 or more Kaindoh's.

That's an understatement. More like 20 Kaindoh's.
I mean the way i view that draft is a lot of high floor contributors, and this is the one where Veach said "Jesus look at this guy. Kpass with better athleticism. Time to roll the dice." You took likely contributors in Bolton and Creed then turned around for upside swings on Kaindoh and Gray. The pick i didnt get even for a 5th rounder was Cornell Powell. I just never saw it at all. The rest i could at least envision the upside.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:43 PM 08-22-2022
I thought he would be better this season. I was wrong. Long shot to make team. Even practice squad I would think is questionable at best.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up