ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 435
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:26 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.
Right, but to fully understand his performance you need to understand the entire defense.

For instance, if a blown coverage leads to an open receiver in less than 2 seconds, you can’t hold that against Clark for not getting pressure.

My point is that when other people blow their responsibilities, it can make Clark look worse.

I’m not saying he’s playing well by any stretch. I’m purely stating that it isn’t as easy to evaluate any player as some are claiming, especially when most of us just the live game and maybe a replay of the game once. Most likely, no one here is doing any sort of in-depth film study.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Right, but to fully understand his performance you need to understand the entire defense.

For instance, if a blown coverage leads to an open receiver in less than 2 seconds, you can’t hold that against Clark for not getting pressure.

My point is that when other people blow their responsibilities, it can make Clark look worse.

I’m not saying he’s playing well by any stretch. I’m purely stating that it isn’t as easy to evaluate any player as some are claiming, especially when most of us just the live game and maybe a replay of the game once. Most likely, no one here is doing any sort of in-depth film study.
Again, though, that's not what some are saying here. For what they're giving him and gave up for him, he needs to be wrecking game plans.

He's not doing that.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:32 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Again, though, that's not what some are saying here. For what they're giving him and gave up for him, he needs to be wrecking game plans.

He's not doing that.
He might not be wreaking game plans, but he certainly is heavily game planned against.

I havent watched the replay this week, but I suspect it's much like the first 3. Doubles, chips and running away from him. People want to act like the only defense of his play is a bias one, but having watched him closely every week via replay, I simply dont understand anyone who thinks he's playing poorly.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
He might not be wreaking game plans, but he certainly is heavily game planned against.

I havent watched the replay this week, but I suspect it's much like the first 3. Doubles, chips and running away from him. People want to act like the only defense of his play is a bias one, but having watched him closely every week via replay, I simply dont understand anyone who thinks he's playing poorly.
I don't necessarily think he's playing poorly, but again, for what he's being compensated and what they gave up, you need more.

He's supposed to be the cornerstone. Great players get attention and still make plays.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:40 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't necessarily think he's playing poorly, but again, for what he's being compensated and what they gave up, you need more.

He's supposed to be the cornerstone. Great players get attention and still make plays.
Context is important. First 3 weeks he couldn't have done a whole lot more given the circumstances. Its over blown and I suspect he'll start getting stats soon and then everyone will be happy. I know bears fans who get frustrated with Mack disappearing. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 10:12 AM 09-30-2019
If he shows up in the playoffs you’ll know why he’s worth it.

If he doesn’t I’ll be his biggest hater.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:36 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
If he shows up in the playoffs you’ll know why he’s worth it.

If he doesn’t I’ll be his biggest hater.
This is pretty much where I’m at.

Ford and Houston were schemed out of the Patriots game completely. We know they can’t help us agains the Pats.

If they do the same to Clark, I’ll be the first one to criticize the move. I’m just not ready to jump to conclusions about him after 4 games.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:52 AM 09-30-2019
Can anyone go back and review if he used to have actual pass rush moves? Because now he just seems to bull rush every time or do that stupid spin thing. He doesn't seem to have any kind of outside swim move at all.
[Reply]
-King- 12:35 PM 09-30-2019

The lions weren't running away from anyone. They were running anywhere they damn well pleased and getting away with it
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

The lions weren't running away from anyone. They were running anywhere they damn well pleased and getting away with it
#gameplanned
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:32 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

Did you miss the part where everyone but the ball carrier blocked him and the other guys on D were playing with their dicks. Frank was such a force to be reckoned with!
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:40 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
#gameplanned
Cant wait until some homer for AP finds some asinine reason to act like he had a good game. Maybe show a picture of Frank getting chipped and call it a double team, then say this happened all game, but can't show any other times it happened.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:11 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Cant wait until some homer for AP finds some asinine reason to act like he had a good game. Maybe show a picture of Frank getting chipped and call it a double team, then say this happened all game, but can't show any other times it happened.
glad you're a real fan and can support our guys
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:52 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
glad you're a real fan and can support our guys
Lmao, ok Chief Fan. It is alright to criticize the players.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:56 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.
wrong.

Here's a good refresher article since Spag's love over and under fronts.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...4-3-over-front

I've been collecting A22 clips and eventually will throw a post together with some good and bad stuff.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 435
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up