ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 173
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:53 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by threebag02:
You guys keep fighting your asses off. I lost my mom Sunday to lung cancer.
This... And I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Prayers...
[Reply]
Meatloaf 04:38 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by threebag02:
You guys keep fighting your asses off. I lost my mom Sunday to lung cancer.
Sorry to hear that, bag. Always tough to lose a parent. Hang in there, bud.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:14 PM 11-10-2015
I am glad I am home now and not at the center how I am feeling now. Fatigue has me in a vise grip and my nausea level is about a 3 on the 10 point scale and if it was 5 or so, I'd have the ralf bucket handy. That old man with colon rot would have had me hurling across the room if I was there now and he was, too. I took an anti-nausea med a few minutes ago and I hope it kicks in soon. The new treatment I am on always makes me feel a bit sick, but I was off for 3 weeks and not 2, so it's a bit harsher this time. My head and face feel hot and clammy, but not hot to the touch. I am taking my temp right now. Yes, with an oral thermometer. I know how some of you think...
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:26 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am glad I am home now and not at the center how I am feeling now. Fatigue has me in a vise grip and my nausea level is about a 3 on the 10 point scale and if it was 5 or so, I'd have the ralf bucket handy. That old man with colon rot would have had me hurling across the room if I was there now and he was, too. I took an anti-nausea med a few minutes ago and I hope it kicks in soon. The new treatment I am on always makes me feel a bit sick, but I was off for 3 weeks and not 2, so it's a bit harsher this time. My head and face feel hot and clammy, but not hot to the touch. I am taking my temp right now. Yes, with an oral thermometer. I know how some of you think...
Sure hope that nausea goes away soon. Sounds like you know what's going on, so that's good. Keep hanging in there, Ed. Somehow/someway, I think you're gonna beat this stuff.. Viking tough!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:31 PM 11-10-2015
Thanks! My temp was 98.3, so that was good. My med is starting to knock the nausea back and I am off to bed soon. Damned chemo.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:11 PM 11-11-2015
Thanks! My temp was 98.3, so that was good. My med is starting to knock the nausea back and I am off to bed soon. Damned chemo.
That's great news. Just Chill and keep being awesome.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:45 AM 11-12-2015
My nausea levels are almost non-existent this morning and my fatigue level is improving. The stuff seems to hit my thighs and shoulders the worst. A hearty breakfast should give me a boost. Then at 4 pm, I go to be free of the pump!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:59 PM 11-12-2015
My nausea levels are almost non-existent this morning and my fatigue level is improving. The stuff seems to hit my thighs and shoulders the worst. A hearty breakfast should give me a boost. Then at 4 pm, I go to be free of the pump!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:41 PM 11-17-2015
I hope and pray that my current treatment is over with. This has been so rough on me. I was fatigued for the past 4 days and it passed today, but I was plagued with 11 or 12 attacks of the runs in the past 2.5 hours and if someone had actually shoved a Coke bottle sideways up my butt, it would explain the pressure I feel inside. I am hurting and not happy! I hope I don't end up going to the hospital tonight.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:56 PM 11-17-2015
I hope and pray that my current treatment is over with. This has been so rough on me. I was fatigued for the past 4 days and it passed today, but I was plagued with 11 or 12 attacks of the runs in the past 2.5 hours and if someone had actually shoved a Coke bottle sideways up my butt, it would explain the pressure I feel inside. I am hurting and not happy! I hope I don't end up going to the hospital tonight.
Hang tough my friend, you can do this....
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:39 PM 11-17-2015
I think the worst has passed and now my lower intestine is just a bit sore. I might be able to get to sleep and that will certainly help. Doc B is going to hear about this latest stuff next week! Ed doesn't like this treatment and is ready to move to something else. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:52 AM 11-18-2015
keep it up Ed!
[Reply]
chiefsgogo 07:32 AM 11-18-2015
Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:58 PM 11-18-2015
So, Cancer, you want a fight? COME ON, THEN!!
:-) nice :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:04 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) nice :-)
I will have that axe sharpened, too!
[Reply]
Page 64 of 173
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up