ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 173
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:52 AM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by go bowe:
what did martin do? :-)
He celebrated a field goal, jumping up and down, and put himself on IR as a result. It's one of sport's biggest loser moments.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:14 AM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
He celebrated a field goal, jumping up and down, and put himself on IR as a result. It's one of sport's biggest loser moments.
And then there was Gus Frerotte, the Redskins QB who headbutted a wall and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Keep chugging along Viking warrior.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 AM 11-07-2015
Oh yeah! ACL or something. That's ALMOST as embarrassing as his block when Romo fumbled the snap in the playoff game.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:46 AM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by patteeu:
And then there was Gus Frerotte, the Redskins QB who headbutted a wall and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Keep chugging along Viking warrior.
That made me laugh! Gus, Gus, Gus... what were you thinking, son?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:19 AM 11-10-2015
I am going in for possible treatment today. Doc B sent me home last week since my white cell count was very low. I will have the blood draw first as usual, but no visit with the doc or the nurse practitioner, and go right up to the treatment room. Having this new schedule sucks since it means I will have treatment on the Tuesdays before Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, I pitched a stink over having to get the pump unhooked on Thanksgiving Day since I am the one who cooks the entire dinner. They relented and I will go in on Monday that week and have my pump unhooked on Wednesday instead.

If I don't have enough white cells today and have to skip the treatment again until next week, that might not be so bad since that would put me back on the original schedule. I will find out after 12:15 pm today.
[Reply]
threebag 12:54 PM 11-10-2015
You guys keep fighting your asses off. I lost my mom Sunday to lung cancer.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:57 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I am terribly sorry for your loss. Cancer is just a hideous affliction. It's taken far too much from far too many.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:59 PM 11-10-2015

Sorry to hear man. Prayers sent.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:00 PM 11-10-2015
Ed what is with the tags? I'm guessing your last name is Griswold?
[Reply]
srvy 01:02 PM 11-10-2015
Prayers
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:12 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ed what is with the tags? I'm guessing your last name is Griswold?
Nope, not even close. I don't know what the tags are about; I didn't tag anything.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:18 PM 11-10-2015
I am getting treatment as I type. My platelets are high enough at 128, but still low. The range is 150 to 400. Last week, I had a measly 83. I am lucky I didn't get sick. What sucks today is that I got started on the IV bags at 2 pm and it will take 4 hours or more. I am already starvin' and told my buddy Rod if he really cared, he'd schlepp a pizza over here for me.

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the hall from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*
[Reply]
New World Order 03:19 PM 11-10-2015
I am getting treatment as I type. My platelets are high enough at 128, but still low. The range is 150 to 400. Last week, I had a measly 83. I am lucky I didn't get sick. What sucks today is that I got started on the IV bags at 2 pm and it will take 4 hours or more. I am already starvin' and told my buddy Rod if he really cared, he'd schlepp a pizza over here for me.

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the ahll from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*
:-)
[Reply]
threebag 03:25 PM 11-10-2015

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the ahll from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*
LoL, stay strong Ed don't breathe through your mouth.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:28 PM 11-10-2015
I sicced a nurse on it and she had some spray. I walked down the hall with my IV tower and waited a while before coming back to my room. I was a bit wobbly on my feet, but I think the spray won the battle. My appetite took a huge hit but it will slink back eventually. I used to have colon cancer before they chopped it out of me, so I can sympathize to a point with that old dude, but at least my colon wasn't rotting!
[Reply]
Page 63 of 173
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up