ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 173
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:51 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I wonder if the Avastin played a part in me passing more blood in the crapper and also if that was why they took out more of my colon than I was initially told. Of course, to cover their asses, I would never get the truth if it was the case.
There isn't really any need for CYA, since the forms you sign consent to the surgeon doing whatever he feels is clinically indicated once he gets in there. (And this is a lot better than the alternatives if he couldn't do that)
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:58 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Nah. They gave me life so I'm not going to quibble about it.

On a separate occasion many years ago, I had the vena cava filter installed. Somehow it ended up in my right renal vein instead. There was a potential lawsuit there too, but I guess I'm not very quick to sue. In that case, the blood clot had cleared up and I wasn't dead, so it was kind of a case of no harm, no foul.
I am glad there are still people out there who arent just looking for a quick payday anytime something doesn't go as expected.

Fire is uncommon but it does happen. You have pressurized oxygen and electrosurgery equipment being used. Even a momentary flash would have to be documented. It's a rare event and even among those events, harm is rare.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:09 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Cochise:
I am glad there are still people out there who arent just looking for a quick payday anytime something doesn't go as expected.

Fire is uncommon but it does happen. You have pressurized oxygen and electrosurgery equipment being used. Even a momentary flash would have to be documented. It's a rare event and even among those events, harm is rare.
Yeah. My wife has worked in hospitals for a long time and I've heard a couple of horror stories, but they seem to be pretty rare. In my case, it must not have done too much damage.

The vena cava filter eventually caused my right kidney to atrophy to the point that it probably doesn't function much anymore, but luckily I have a spare. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:24 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ed your the man you will make it outta there no problem.

Leave the pant shitting for the KC Royals.
The next time I get an attack of the runs, which should be any time now, should I say, "I just Cuetoed!" instead?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:27 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Cochise:

I didn't mean it as something going amiss. I meant it if there was negligence or incompetence involved. When I was in the hospital a month ago, I suffered the worst pain of my life when they moved me into the hospital bed. I screamed out loud, but never thought about calling a lawyer. Even when the nurse accidentally left the clamp on my leg after yanking out my catheter and I ended up nearly having my second circumcision, I wasn't thinking lawsuit. Band-aid, yes, but no lawsuit. If they had stuck the catheter up my ass and taped the clamp to my nutsack, then I'd be suing some asses off.
[Reply]
srvy 11:27 AM 09-14-2015
The next time I get an attack of the runs, which should be any time now, should I say, "I just Cuetoed!" instead?
:-):-):-):-)

That would be the correct term yes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:13 PM 09-14-2015
Mmmmm...crystal light.

Said no one. Ever.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:02 AM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Mmmmm...crystal light.

Said no one. Ever.
I never have bought the stuff, but is there a diet version? That stuff they made me drink sure tasted like it was diet.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:05 AM 09-15-2015
I never have bought the stuff, but is there a diet version? That stuff they made me drink sure tasted like it was diet.
I've had the fruit punch. It's pretty good, and I had no idea it was sugar free.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:18 AM 09-15-2015
Crystal Light is diet. If it makes you feel any better, the stuff they made you drink 25 years ago was worse.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:35 PM 09-15-2015
Blech. I drink water and sweet tea.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:02 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It was oxygen leaking out into my chest cavity, as I understand it.
pnuemomediastinum?
[Reply]
patteeu 06:41 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
pnuemomediastinum?
No. That's a long word. I had to look it up.

In my case, they were doing a pneumonectomy.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:46 AM 09-16-2015
I am about to head to the cancer center to see the liver doc and get results from my scan two days ago, and also to find out what direction my liver treatment will go. I am not sure if I will start with chemo again today, but if I do, it will be treatment number 20.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:51 AM 09-16-2015
I am about to head to the cancer center to see the liver doc and get results from my scan two days ago, and also to find out what direction my liver treatment will go. I am not sure if I will start with chemo again today, but if I do, it will be treatment number 20.
Best wishes, Ed. Prayed for you and Dave again last night, hopefully something good will come of it.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 173
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up