ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 173
« First < 73123163169170171172173
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
DarronS 12:54 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you seem nice.
I didn't say that. Please edit your post with the correction attribution.
[Reply]
srvy 02:15 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I dont have many posts in here but this thread has been very inspiring. I was dx with throat cancer last October, radical neck dissection and 6 weeks of getting shot in the face with radiation and my future is looking fine. Treatment has not been pleasant but the prognosis is near curable. The strength Ed showed was a great inspiration for me and still is. I`ve met many inspiring folks with cancer this last half year but Ed is tops in my book. I would have been proud to meet him. Thanks DarronS for your input as well.
Ed was top notch just the best and we all miss him.

You wouldnt happen to be Bill Snyder?
[Reply]
jdubya 06:01 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ed was top notch just the best and we all miss him.

You wouldnt happen to be Bill Snyder?
No sir. My intitials are "JW"...... thus my handle :-)
[Reply]
srvy 06:48 PM 06-05-2017
No sir. My intitials are "JW"...... thus my handle :-)
Just checking
[Reply]
lewdog 08:35 PM 06-05-2017
I dont have many posts in here but this thread has been very inspiring. I was dx with throat cancer last October, radical neck dissection and 6 weeks of getting shot in the face with radiation and my future is looking fine. Treatment has not been pleasant but the prognosis is near curable. The strength Ed showed was a great inspiration for me and still is. I`ve met many inspiring folks with cancer this last half year but Ed is tops in my book. I would have been proud to meet him. Thanks DarronS for your input as well.
Just curious but where was your cancer specifically?

Have you gotten back to eating full time?
[Reply]
jdubya 09:32 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Just curious but where was your cancer specifically?

Have you gotten back to eating full time?
Felt 2 bumps under my jaw where the lymph nodes are. kinda like a shelled peanut under the skin. They were fluid filled cysts inside the lymph nodes. Biopsy said fluid was clear but cyst tissue was squamous carcinoma. They did radical neck dissection and removed many lymph nodes and then they used robotics and expecting more cancer to be at the base of tongue and tonsil area, they took tissues from those areas but no cancer was found. (to their surprise). Radiation soon followed and ended about 5 months ago. Today I`m transitioning to solid food but Im still about 2/3rds liquid diet. I`m getting alot of my taste buds back but have almost no saliva to swallow solid foods. I need to sip water or milk with every bite I take of anything solid. A little while ago I ate a handful of peanuts and chewed and chewed and chewed....then I blew out a cloud of peanut dust in the air lol. Doctors say most folks have up to a 9 month window post radiation of getting taste buds and saliva glands back. After 9 months, they say basically that is all I`m likely to get back. I`m grateful I have a few more months to go before the window closes.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:12 PM 06-06-2017
Get jdubya in the green you assholes!!!
[Reply]
DarronS 10:28 PM 06-07-2017
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, jdubya. At least it sounds like you'll probably beat this. Keep working and never give up.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:55 PM 06-08-2017
Thanks all for the kind words but I`ll say no more as this is about Ed and the solid man he seemed to be. My stuff is cake compared to so many others. I am lucky...
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:21 AM 06-11-2017
Thanks all for the kind words but I`ll say no more as this is about Ed and the solid man he seemed to be. My stuff is cake compared to so many others. I am lucky...
Your mind is the most powerful medicine. Stay strong
[Reply]
Page 173 of 173
« First < 73123163169170171172173
Up