ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 173
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:03 PM 08-29-2016
Just for you, Fast Eddie Ragnarok... 10 New Viking Discoveries

http://listverse.com/2016/08/29/10-f...g-the-vikings/
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:28 PM 08-29-2016
Eh. You'll be fine without the beer. Make the white cells and get back to asswhipping
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:45 AM 08-30-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh. You'll be fine without the beer. Make the white cells and get back to asswhipping
I need neutrophils, too, whatever the hell they are. I asked the nurse practitioner if I should eat some raw beef, and she scowled and snapped at me, "NO!" It's fun to rattle their cages every now and then.
[Reply]
scho63 06:16 AM 08-30-2016
Ed, not to sound like a hippie quack but have you ever looked into oxygen saturation treatments? It's my understanding that cancer cells hate oxygen and that by going into a 100% oxygen Hyperbaric chamber to get saturated with oxygen, it helps in the fight.

http://www.inova.org/healthcare-serv...campaign=wound

http://www.inova.org/upload/docs/Hea...ient-guide.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:53 AM 08-30-2016
Ed, keep fighting. Keep kicking ass. My colonoscopy was normal. You inspired me to go ahead with the procedure. Thank you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:21 PM 08-30-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Ed, not to sound like a hippie quack but have you ever looked into oxygen saturation treatments? It's my understanding that cancer cells hate oxygen and that by going into a 100% oxygen Hyperbaric chamber to get saturated with oxygen, it helps in the fight.

http://www.inova.org/healthcare-serv...campaign=wound

http://www.inova.org/upload/docs/Hea...ient-guide.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine
I haven't but all cells need oxygen. Cancer is not some foreign entity; it is ones own cells that have gone nuts and run amok. My cousin insisted I try ozone therapy and I couldn't find anything about it that really convinced me it was worth a try. I wish there was a cure out there, but it seems unlikely at this point.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:22 PM 08-30-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ed, keep fighting. Keep kicking ass. My colonoscopy was normal. You inspired me to go ahead with the procedure. Thank you.
I am very glad to see you got a good report after the colonoscopy. I hope you never get that bad news!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:26 PM 08-30-2016
Are you receiving treatment in KC?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:52 PM 08-30-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Are you receiving treatment in KC?
Yes, I go to the cancer center on Belinder and Shawnee Mission Parkway.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:39 PM 09-06-2016
My new doc needs to change his schedule back to what it was. Now, he is wanting to see me on Fridays, which means I would have to come in on SUNDAYS and get my pump unhooked. I know he is from India, but he needs to figure out quick that people like me do not want to miss out on a chunk of the Chiefs games. So, after this next treatment, I am supposed to see him on a Friday and come back on Monday for treatment and get unhooked on Wednesday at the end of this month. I don't like having to go up there, 30 miles each way, three times in less than a week. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:30 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Yes, I go to the cancer center on Belinder and Shawnee Mission Parkway.
I grew up right in that area. It's changed a ton since I was a kid. Best to you in your treatments
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:36 AM 09-07-2016
Well, the white cells and neutrophils shot up over the course of a week and I am able to receive treatment today. Yay and damn, at the same time. Sigh.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:58 PM 09-07-2016
Well, the white cells and neutrophils shot up over the course of a week and I am able to receive treatment today. Yay and damn, at the same time. Sigh.
Hang tough my man, things are headed in the right direction...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:29 PM 09-07-2016
Take it as it comes, brother! I take your case to The Judge every chance I get!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:26 AM 09-08-2016
Thanks. The treatment hit me harder than usual, but in some different ways. Usually, my hands tingle and hurt so that I have to wave my arms around to get bloodflow going again. I had little tingling this time, but felt much weaker and tired. Nausea was a bit below normal. I slept ok until I wrapped myself up in the plastic tubing to my pump. So I had to turn on a flashlight and see which way to get unraveled. My appetite is good this morning and I have to take four pills. I feel a bit stronger, too. No cold juice, though. Back to the room temperature sodas, water, and juice.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 173
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
Up