ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 173
1 23451151101 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:55 PM 01-24-2015
Great news Lone. Love the name of your party
[Reply]
Bufkin 04:55 PM 01-24-2015
This is awesome Ed! Thanks for the update. We're all rooting for ya.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 05:05 PM 01-24-2015
Phenomenal news. So awesome!
[Reply]
Bwana 05:26 PM 01-24-2015
That just made my day bud, good for you!
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:40 PM 01-24-2015
So awesome!
[Reply]
vailpass 05:43 PM 01-24-2015
Rock out with your cock out Ed. Good stuff...
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:44 PM 01-24-2015
Hell yes, fuck cancer!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:50 PM 01-24-2015
Awesome Ed. Stay strong.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:54 PM 01-24-2015
I am staying strong! I have my inner warrior battling the cancer and he isn't as badass as Bwana's avatar, Ragnar, but my Viking is called Rasmus and he is pretty tough! :-)
[Reply]
OldSchool 05:55 PM 01-24-2015
Great news man, keep kicking ass.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:02 PM 01-24-2015
excellent news!! so glad for your recoveries and impending trip!! keep fighting the good fight brother!! and like everyone says, eff cancer!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:53 PM 01-24-2015
Glad to hear it, Fast Eddie... may your raiding and plundering be successful.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:04 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am staying strong! I have my inner warrior battling the cancer and he isn't as badass as Bwana's avatar, Ragnar, but my Viking is called Rasmus and he is pretty tough! :-)
Seriously keep building your strength and hump it back up here for an ATV ride with rockymtnchief and myself this summer. We've got your back.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:08 PM 01-24-2015
Glad things seem to be going well, I lost track of the other thread but I hope all is good on that front and that you keep beating it back!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 173
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up