ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 04-12-2023
New thread to discuss all things MU Basketball related heading into year 2 of the Gates era.

Thus far we've had a couple of misses in the portal and lost a non-factor. I suppose I can update the OP as roster changes come about.

Updates:

2023-2024 roster:

Spoiler!

Is it just me or is that a MASSIVE roster?

Departures: Hodge, Gomillion, Gholston, Sterberg (eligibility). Brown, Mosely (pro), DeGray, Diarra (transfer)

2024 Commitment list:

Marcus Allen -- 4* forward
Antonio (T.O.) Barrett -- 4* Guard
Peyton Marshall -- 4* Center
Annor Boateng -- 4* Guard
Trent Burns -- 4* Center

Probable Rotation:
Spoiler!

Schedule:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:17 PM 04-25-2024
I found this story on mutigers.com. The thing that caught my attention was the last paragraph. MU men's basketball currently holds the number 6 transfer class ong with the number 4 recruiting class in the nation. That's some great work by Gates and company. I'm excited for next season. It should be a complete turn around from the disaster that was this season.

University of Missouri men's basketball signed the top scorer in the nation entering next season, adding four-time All-Horizon League standout Marques Warrick to the Tigers roster on Wednesday.

A prolific scorer during his career, Warrick amassed 2,246 points during his four seasons at Northern Kentucky and will enter the 2024-25 campaign with the highest tally among active Division I players. He is the school's all-time leading scorer, while placing seventh in Horizon League history. Ranked as high as the nation's No. 20 transfer by Rivals, he also led the Norse to 81 wins during his standout career, including the 2023 Horizon League Tournament and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.

"Marques is a high-scoring combo guard who has produced every year of his college career," said Whitten Family Men's Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates. "We saw firsthand how talented he was during our time in the Horizon League and know how difficult he is to prepare for. Marques is great at creating his own shot and his ability to score translates at every level. He is a great compliment to Tony Perkins and the combination of that backcourt puts us among the top of the SEC."

Warrick finished the 2023-24 campaign ranked 36th nationally with 19.9 points per game, earning first-team all-conference and second-team NABC All-District accolades. His 2022-23 total of 659 points ranks second in school history, while his 657-point tally in 2023-24 places third. Overall, he is one of just 10 players nationally to score at least 600 points in each of the last two campaigns.

A native of Lexington, Kentucky, Warrick was especially strong during NKU's run to the Horizon League Championship in 2023. He tallied 20.7 points in the three victories to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Overall, Warrick finished the 2023-24 season ranked fifth among active players with 18.0 points per game and 10th with his 2,246 total. He also adds 2.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game, while shooting 34.7 percent from beyond the 3-point arc with 283 career triples made. The 2021 Horizon League Freshman of the Year and 2024 Horizon League Sportsmanship Award recipient, Warrick was twice named to the Lou Henson Award Watch List, presented to the nation's top mid-major player.

Warrick is the Tigers' third signee during the spring transfer window, joining a top-20 3-point shooter nationally in Jacob Crews in addition to two-time All-Big Ten honoree Tony Perkins. The trio, which ranks as the No. 6 transfer class in the nation, joins the country's No. 4 freshman class that signed in November.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:06 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I found this story on mutigers.com. The thing that caught my attention was the last paragraph. MU men's basketball currently holds the number 6 transfer class ong with the number 4 recruiting class in the nation. That's some great work by Gates and company. I'm excited for next season. It should be a complete turn around from the disaster that was this season.

University of Missouri men's basketball signed the top scorer in the nation entering next season, adding four-time All-Horizon League standout Marques Warrick to the Tigers roster on Wednesday.

A prolific scorer during his career, Warrick amassed 2,246 points during his four seasons at Northern Kentucky and will enter the 2024-25 campaign with the highest tally among active Division I players. He is the school's all-time leading scorer, while placing seventh in Horizon League history. Ranked as high as the nation's No. 20 transfer by Rivals, he also led the Norse to 81 wins during his standout career, including the 2023 Horizon League Tournament and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.

"Marques is a high-scoring combo guard who has produced every year of his college career," said Whitten Family Men's Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates. "We saw firsthand how talented he was during our time in the Horizon League and know how difficult he is to prepare for. Marques is great at creating his own shot and his ability to score translates at every level. He is a great compliment to Tony Perkins and the combination of that backcourt puts us among the top of the SEC."

Warrick finished the 2023-24 campaign ranked 36th nationally with 19.9 points per game, earning first-team all-conference and second-team NABC All-District accolades. His 2022-23 total of 659 points ranks second in school history, while his 657-point tally in 2023-24 places third. Overall, he is one of just 10 players nationally to score at least 600 points in each of the last two campaigns.

A native of Lexington, Kentucky, Warrick was especially strong during NKU's run to the Horizon League Championship in 2023. He tallied 20.7 points in the three victories to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Overall, Warrick finished the 2023-24 season ranked fifth among active players with 18.0 points per game and 10th with his 2,246 total. He also adds 2.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game, while shooting 34.7 percent from beyond the 3-point arc with 283 career triples made. The 2021 Horizon League Freshman of the Year and 2024 Horizon League Sportsmanship Award recipient, Warrick was twice named to the Lou Henson Award Watch List, presented to the nation's top mid-major player.

Warrick is the Tigers' third signee during the spring transfer window, joining a top-20 3-point shooter nationally in Jacob Crews in addition to two-time All-Big Ten honoree Tony Perkins. The trio, which ranks as the No. 6 transfer class in the nation, joins the country's No. 4 freshman class that signed in November.
Next year's team better be a bubble team at minimum, but if it's not I'd still give Gates another year to turn it around. He's so good at recruiting.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up