View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 24 of 343
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:36 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He's wants to be paid like he's the best but he isn't and will never be. Nobody expects Willie Roaf like play but he gets ran right around by everyone with a good speed rusher. He sucks.
Yes let’s throw away a quality LT bc his worst game was against the best pas rusher in football in literally his first game with Patrick.

He gave up only 4 sacks and was not a problem in the playoffs but yes let’s try to trade him, waste more draft capital on an unknown rookie and start the whole damn team over in Mahomes prime.

Brilliant idea Tuckdaddy.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:43 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes let’s throw away a quality LT bc his worst game was against the best pas rusher in football in literally his first game with Patrick.

He gave up only 4 sacks and was not a problem in the playoffs but yes let’s try to trade him, waste more draft capital on an unknown rookie and start the whole damn team over in Mahomes prime.

/thread
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:54 AM 05-31-2022

Your right. Let's keep a shitty LT and overpay him badly to protect Mahomes in his prime. You assume we can't do better even though 20 other teams have.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:04 AM 05-31-2022
I'm no expert, but are his issues related to technique, or is he just too damn tall/big to keep up with speed rushes?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:08 AM 05-31-2022
Tackle is a premium position and you are going to be paying for it big time if you want high end talent at the position
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:19 AM 05-31-2022
Your right. Let's keep a shitty LT and overpay him badly to protect Mahomes in his prime. You assume we can't do better even though 20 other teams have.

He isn’t shitty. And there are not 20 LT better than Orlando Brown in the NFL, nor can you even clearly make the case for 10 being better than him.

List the LTs you KNOW are better than him, or kindly shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 AM 05-31-2022
He was the 14th rated LT on PFF in their 2022 rankings. That was with Patrick doing him no favors and them both struggling the first month and a half of the season.

You might wanna watch the AFC championship game again bc Orlando wasn’t the problem. It was Patrick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:20 AM 05-31-2022
I don't feel strongly about this situation either way.

On one hand, he is a decent LT, which is a premium position, and we burned a 1st trading for him. For those reasons, I can understand giving him a max contract.

On a positive note, the cap is going up. We could likely sign him to a deal similar to what's posted in the OP and in three or four years it'd look like a decent deal.

The only other feasible option I can see is a tag and trade, but then that puts us back to square one. Perhaps the front office is feeling hot after hitting a homerun and a triple with Humphrey and Trey Smith last year.
[Reply]
-King- 09:29 AM 05-31-2022
He was the 14th rated LT on PFF in their 2022 rankings. That was with Patrick doing him no favors and them both struggling the first month and a half of the season.

You might wanna watch the AFC championship game again bc Orlando wasn’t the problem. It was Patrick.
Whoa 14th out of 32?!?! Give him Trent Williams deal asap!!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't feel strongly about this situation either way.

On one hand, he is a decent LT, which is a premium position, and we burned a 1st trading for him. For those reasons, I can understand giving him a max contract.

On a positive note, the cap is going up. We could likely sign him to a deal similar to what's posted in the OP and in three or four years it'd look like a decent deal.

The only other feasible option I can see is a tag and trade, but then that puts us back to square one. Perhaps the front office is feeling hot after hitting a homerun and a triple with Humphrey and Trey Smith last year.
We obviously need to trade him and draft someone which worked so well for our first overall pick Eric Fisher, who this entire board hated for his first 2 seasons.
[Reply]
TEX 09:53 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Exactly. It's laughable.
[Reply]
TEX 09:56 AM 05-31-2022
We obviously need to trade him and draft someone which worked so well for our first overall pick Eric Fisher, who this entire board hated for his first 2 seasons.
Well, he was not very good back then and was the #1 overall pick. I think many came to appreciate Fish as he developed into a very good LT. I know I did.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 05-31-2022
So if you don't wanna pay him, you'd have to tag and trade him next offseason, then look to draft a LT.

Financially, would make more sense to do that vs securing your LT thru his prime.

Lets do it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Well, he was not very good back then and was the #1 overall pick. I think many came to appreciate Fish as he developed into a very good LT. I know I did.
So if you draft a LT in round 1 next year, do you not expect him to have a developmental curve?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:05 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean, I get what you are saying, but look at how quarterbacks are paid. The best guy doesn't always get the most money - he might for two weeks or something. That line is continuously being pushed. Derek Carr was the highest paid QB for a while there, if I am remembering correctly. No one thinks Carr is the best or one of the best QBs in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 343
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up