ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:23 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You'd think self-preservation alone would lead him to the space where he's least likely to be clobbered, but nope.

Maybe MEH hates himself?
[Reply]
Shields68 08:27 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
You'd think self-preservation alone would lead him to the space where he's least likely to be clobbered, but nope.

Maybe MEH hates himself?
He should have had positive yards but I do not see him being able to make that cut to get to that hole.

I dislike gun outside zone with the back offset weak. This is why. The timing of the line and back do not align. CEH departure angle makes it difficult to make this cut. https://t.co/jHGS9PNTGl

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 27, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's outside zone from the shotgun, look at his shoulders guys. His aim point isn't suppsoed to be there and it's gonna be hard for any RB to get back to that hole out of the gun.

We do it that way to use the RPO game, but it's just tough for any RB.
Yeah, that picture isn't fair. Look at Smith - he's supposed to be sealing that backer inside.

That said, he's GOTTA get off Creeds right shoulder and hit that seam. It's blocked up but he's just so damn indecisive.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:31 AM 09-27-2022
CEH is not a great back for making cuts, which is IRONIC considering his first TD as a chief was him making a dead foot cut in open field.

But my god, that min 4 yard gain. If we had a running back like Arian Foster thats a house call.

THIS IS EXACTLY why I hate our running play designs. We are trying to ham fist our running backs into styles they are NOT good at.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
CEH is not a great back for making cuts, which is IRONIC considering his first TD as a chief was him making a dead foot cut in open field.

But my god, that min 4 yard gain. If we had a running back like Arian Foster thats a house call.

THIS IS EXACTLY why I hate our running play designs. We are trying to ham fist our running backs into styles they are NOT good at.
I won't blame play design there.

That's entirely on CEH. That's a play McKinnon makes. A play RoJo makes. I'm not sure Pacheco makes it because he runs so damn hard that I'm not sure he can get himself into that gap. Next year? Yeah - I think he recognizes the difference in 'speed to the hole' vs. 'speed through the hole'.

Right now I feel like Pacheco is focused largely on speed to the hole. He's like those guys who play Madden and hit the speed burst button as soon as they take the hand-off. Gotta be under control until you make your cut and then explode. I still see a guy who has some learning to do there.

But shit, I don't figure he loses yardage either way.

Like I said - that may be the worst run I've ever seen. It's just so bad. MEH does literally everything wrong there. I know your position is "well don't put him in a position to do something he's not good at..." but that's not something that ANY NFL runningback shouldn't be able to do. And frankly, that play was SUPPOSED to be MEH's strength. The scouting report says that's in his wheelhouse. His ability to run out of the 'gun at LSU on plays exactly like that is what got him drafted.

But man - he's just so so so bad.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:39 AM 09-27-2022
One of MEH's most touted traits before the draft was the ability to make cuts. I heard "making defenders miss in a phone booth" more than once from talking heads.

Maybe that was just another MEH scouting whiff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
He should have had positive yards but I do not see him being able to make that cut to get to that hole.

Holy shit, is DJLN really Geoff Schwartz? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Holy shit, is DJLN really Geoff Schwartz? :-)
Right?

The number of 'hey, why do we keep running outside zone and RPOs out of the gun' takes I've seen this week are pretty damn funny.

[Reply]
suzzer99 08:49 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
CEH is typical of what many successful college players face when they come to the NFL; they are no longer the fastest or strongest and they don't play on teams that are made up of players better than their competition. Accept that he is not going to be the featured back and move one.

It's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
CEH was 100% the product of being on an LSU team full of NFL all pros.
TBF he did have his best games against Alabama and other really good teams loaded with pros. I don't know how, but he did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Right?

The number of 'hey, why do we keep running outside zone and RPOs out of the gun' takes I've seen this week are pretty damn funny.

You nailed it, man. You've been on a roll the last couple of days.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
TBF he did have his best games against Alabama and other really good teams loaded with pros. I don't know how, but he did.
I still feel like CEH knocked Trevon Diggs into the 2nd round.

He did that kid dirty.

He just isn't the same player he was at LSU. I don't know if the speed of the game has rocked his confidence to the point that he's simply stuck in between every snap.

It's...strange. He simply doesn't show any of the raw skills he showed at LSU. This isn't an issue of his college skills translating to the pros, IMO. It's an issue of his college skills just evaporating altogether.

I don't get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:55 AM 09-27-2022
CEH was a 4.6 guy who fucked up his ankle AND his hip

he's just slow - and stupid

make him the third down back
[Reply]
Papi 09:00 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I won't blame play design there.

That's entirely on CEH. That's a play McKinnon makes. A play RoJo makes. I'm not sure Pacheco makes it because he runs so damn hard that I'm not sure he can get himself into that gap. Next year? Yeah - I think he recognizes the difference in 'speed to the hole' vs. 'speed through the hole'.
While I agree MEH ain't it, only Tyreek could make that cut quick enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
CEH was a 4.6 guy who fucked up his ankle AND his hip

he's just slow - and stupid

make him the third down back
I'm pretty sure I'd rather waste 1st down carries on MEH than have him in there on 3rd downs to gack protection.

I mean if my choices are MEH on 1st and 2nd w/ McKinnon on 3rd or vice versa, I'm going with the former.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Papi:
While I agree MEH ain't it, only Tyreek could make that cut quick enough.
Up the middle - agreed. Like I said, I don't think that's fair.

But off Creed's right shoulder into the seam that he and Smith are setting up there? I think that's a really doable cut. That sure looks like the play design.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up