ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 184 of 2693
« First < 84134174180181182183184 1851861871881942342846841184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:16 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Why 8 games in 2018? That's an interesting perspective.

What would those 8 weeks matter when he has 16 months to learn the playbook and an entire season to learn the game?
Well, there's more to it than just learning the playbook. He'll need to be able to recognize the defense, make adjustments, find out where the safeties and corners are and know where to put the ball pre-snap. That's a lot for a 22 year old kid who's never focused on football year round.

Keep in mind, this year is his Senior year in college, making next year his rookie season. He'll have a nice head start on the 2018 QB draftees but he's also behind developmentally than the projected top three QB's because they all play under center in a pro style offense. Mahomes will need to learn to throw out of a 3, 5 or 7 step drop as well.

I'm super high on him and have been since last Fall. But I'd much rather see him learn, like Aaron Rodgers did because if they rush him, there's a good chance he'll be overwhelmed.

Look no further than Kaepernick. He entered the 2012 season at the midway point, kicked ass, then has regressed each season to the point where he doesn't even have a job at age 29, which should be his prime.

Even though I didn't constantly post negative thoughts about Alex Smith on a daily or hourly basis didn't mean that I wasn't just as frustrated at you or other Chiefs fans. We've seen this movie before and as much as I'd like to see Mahomes put in a Dak Prescott like rookie season, I think that's highly unlikely.

So with in mind, I think the Chiefs will take as much time as possible with his development so that he has a seamless transition and is ready to lead the team well beyond the first round of the playoffs. IMO, that happens somewhere past his 24th game as a pro and may not even occur until 2019.

But regardless, I think they're looking 10-15 years down the road, not 1 or 2.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:18 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
No shit, Sherlock.

How's it feel hearing Gruden, the guy who thinks Mahomes is the best prospect in this draft, say that Mahomes is multiple years from starting?

That must have put things into perspective for you.

Why people argue with me on what are obvious things is beyond me.
I listened to the Gruden interview. He talks about a lot of things, among them talking about Mahomes starting beginning of 2018. He also talks about him being in a great situation to learn, so even it it takes him 3 or 3 1/2 years he will be fine.

He definitely didn't say he thinks Mahomes is multiple years from starting. But you're a fucking dipshit, so I don't know why I responded.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 03:19 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
How can you be right about an event that has not happened yet?

So far everything, including Gruden's projections and timetables- are just opinions. Too many variables for you to be up on your soapbox patting yourself on the back.

If two years crawl by and Alex is still here while 2 PM is riding the pine- please start a thread and proclaim yourself the Greatest Football Prognosticator of All Time. I will post this :-) for you!!
You dumbass. I told people on here that Murray would not amount to anything. That we would take a stab at Hogan in a late round pick. That cam Newton was overrated despite all the mvp hype he got. That Lynch was going to be a bust. And most recently that Prescott was going to steal the job and not look back (in early preseason, mind you).

Time to face the facts, sugar plum.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Mahomes gets elevated to primary backup in 2018 and gets scout team work for 8 weeks?

I know that's not much, but I'm just throwing darts. I really don't know, either.
Everything, at this point, is on Alex Smith.

If he leads the team to the AFC Championship game, he will definitely be the starter in 2018. If they fail to win in the playoffs because the offense can't score more than 16 points, then I think he'll likely be in competition for the starting gig in 2018 with Mahomes and it wouldn't surprise me to see Smith win, then lose the gig mid-season.

If Smith puts in a 2016 type of season, I think they'll move in from him but bring in a veteran (Chase Daniel?) to compete with Mahomes for the starting job. But I think it's clear that Smith understands the gravity of the situation, which will likely bring out his best.

Whether that's enough to hold off Mahomes in 2018 is the big question and I don't think anyone will be able to answer that until after the 2017 season, along with the development of Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:43 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Right? Like when you said Dorsey would be stupid to draft a QB in the first rd this year?
I believe "reach" was the term Sir Dipshit of Dipshittingham used, yes.

More posturing from a useless Smith lackey. Make no mistake: this is the last season for Smith as a Chief, and Mahomes WILL be starting in 2018.
Dipshit can fantasize all season long if it helps him deal with the pain of watching his useless boo get another "Kap" in his ass.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:50 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
You're gonna have to link me to where gruden said anything about it taking two years.
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Around the 13:00 mark.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:35 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There was no realization for me about anything, dumbass. F**k you.

Gruden also said in the interview it could be a year. He also said on draft night that it WOULD be a year.

The two things that I said would need to happen for Mahomes to not be the starter in 2018 (Alex being really good or Mahomes' development being slow), are REALLY UNLIKELY. Especially the one that involves Alex Smith being better than his average ass self.
https://youtu.be/veIsggakMUU
He needs more than a year to develop.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:52 PM 05-27-2017
Why are we arguing this like it's an exact science? Everyone is different and develops at their own rate. Mahomes could start this season, he may not. Whenever Reid decides that he's ready is all that matters. What we think doesn't make a bit of difference.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:53 PM 05-27-2017
You dumbass. I told people on here that Murray would not amount to anything. That we would take a stab at Hogan in a late round pick. That cam Newton was overrated despite all the mvp hype he got. That Lynch was going to be a bust. And most recently that Prescott was going to steal the job and not look back (in early preseason, mind you).

Time to face the facts, sugar plum.
Romo got hurt you fucking idiot.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:56 PM 05-27-2017
Mahomes is already listed as primary backup, which is where he will stay. It's because he gets reps that way that actually game prepares him. If Alex goes down, I think Bray steps in and 2pm continues to play backup, learning and getting valuable preparation reps.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:18 PM 05-27-2017
Gruden was talking about Mahomes possibly taking a year to be ready, but that Alex might keep him on the bench for much longer, depending on his play.

If Alex has a career year in 2017 and wins another playoff game or 2, he will stay the starter.

If he continues to regress, there's no way they pay him in 2018.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:25 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gruden was talking about Mahomes possibly taking a year to be ready, but that Alex might keep him on the bench for much longer, depending on his play.

If Alex has a career year in 2017 and wins another playoff game or 2, he will stay the starter.

If he continues to regress, there's no way they pay him in 2018.
What if Alex goes 16-0 and loses the 1st playoff game 47-46
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:25 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Mahomes is already listed as primary backup, which is where he will stay. It's because he gets reps that way that actually game prepares him. If Alex goes down, I think Bray steps in and 2pm continues to play backup, learning and getting valuable preparation reps.
Where is that listed at? Link please
Reid has already stated that Bray is the #2.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:41 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Romo got hurt you ****ing idiot.
Romo was back in October. I predicted 2 months in advance that Prescott would be on fire and the Cowboys would have QB controversy with Dak stealing the job permanently. Fact.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:51 PM 05-27-2017
Romo was back in October. I predicted 2 months in advance that Prescott would be on fire and the Cowboys would have QB controversy with Dak stealing the job permanently. Fact.
You predicted this in August?

Why don't you search and link it just for the heck of it since it is fact.
[Reply]
Page 184 of 2693
« First < 84134174180181182183184 1851861871881942342846841184 > Last »
Up