ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 240
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:59 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Thats funny.

Phil Jackson was so successful because he bought into the triangle, an actual team offensive scheme. That's Reid. Collins IMO would be any other coach, who would just let Mahomes be Mahomes feed the ball to his star.

Jordan didn't like the change, but bought into the team concept. Mahomes was lucky not to have to wait to find the right coach/system. The result is championships.
I believe that the triangle offense helped make Phil Jackson successful, but it was really his ability to manage the diverse, and sometimes crazy, personalities of his star players.

He was the perfect coach for MJ, Pippen, and then MJ, Pippen, and Rodman together. And then he went to the Lakers and managed the very different personalities of Shaq and Kobe.

From all the articles I've read, and all of the interviews with his players that I have watched, Andy Reid's best coaching attribute may be his ability to handle all the different personalities in the locker, and to form all those personalities into a tight, cohesive team with great chemistry.

The players all say the same thing, which is he let's them be themselves. He doesn't try to take away their individuality, or stifle their unique quirks, etc. He is called a player's coach all the time, but at least during his time with the Chiefs, I have never gotten the sense that he let's the players walk all over him, or get away with whatever they want, which is often the downfall of all the other coaches known as a "player's" coach.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:29 PM 05-11-2020
Excellent film breakdown on the evolution of the Chiefs offense.

Andy’s a genius.

https://youtu.be/XnQ2lRhNhU0
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:45 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Excellent film breakdown on the evolution of the Chiefs offense.

Andy’s a genius.

https://youtu.be/XnQ2lRhNhU0
That was really good. Nice find.
[Reply]
Shoes 03:16 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rabblerouser:
eriously.

This guy is terrible at game management...which is really the #1 job of a head coach, above and beyond all the other things some coaches do and others don't, they ALL have one thing in common : game management.

People make the excuse, "well, that's who he is. He was like that in Philly. Good Andy/Bad Andy."
- Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.
+ Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.

- His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.
+ His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.

If I was Clark Hunt, and I watched that embarrassing shitshow that went out over national TV last night, Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him. Seriously. That was horrific.

I find it unfathomable that a coach of some 20+ years NFL experience (16 or 17 as HC) is so blitheringly ignorant of basic situational football.
1st qtr, 1st and goal from the 2. RUN THE BALL 4 STRAIGHT TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO. The all time leader in NFL rushing average is in the backfield...or is Reid thinking about Burnt ends??

1st and goal with 90 sec at the end of the half - you lead 14-7, their offense just got some momentum, so...END THE HALF with 3 kneel downs and go in the locker room leading by 7. 14, because it's 21-7 if you run with Jamal at goal to go on the 1st series.

Take the guy getting toasted out of the game - Jemel Phlegming SUCKS. maybe Reid started Sanders and Manning in his fantasy team??

After Knile Davis goes UNTOUCHED for an 8 yd TD scamper in the 4th, you keep feeding those fresh legs the ball, and never relinquish the lead.

****, that sequence at the end of the 1st half was ABYSMAL. Reid and his staff should be FIRED for gross incompetence. Before that mini-shitshow, Denver didn't even think they could play football anymore, and 5head looked like he was ready to lay down and die.

This is ALL on the coaching staff. They threw this game.*

Andy Reid should be held accountable.

Instead...he gets a paycheck and a mixed plate.

How is this guy a head coach??

DAMN NEAR ANYONE ON CP COULD HAVE CALLED A BETTER GAME THAN ANDY FAT SHITSHOW REID LAST NIGHT...

He wins most of the games he should, based on talent alone...
- How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???
+ How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???

What will it take, blowing a 50 point lead in the playoffs???
+
(Don't know if it was intentional or just a byproduct of Reid's now-obvious incompetence...but make no mistake - this game was ours and Reid GAVE IT AWAY. INEXCUSABLE.)

But why should Reid care??

He's gonna be eating KC BBQ for the next 5-6 years.
I mean while we're bumping old Andy Reid threads, be rude not to bump this one.

I believe this is the actual true Andy Reid appreciation thread.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:

For the record - I flat out executed a couple of dudes in this thread. Fan4ever was particularly retarded.

I was doing work kids...
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:09 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Milkman said it best. Andy is an elite HC Monday-Saturday and below average at best on Sunday's

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:34 PM 02-12-2021

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:35 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Gonna double down on dumb, huh?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:35 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
He sure did put his Sunday greatness on display this past Sunday.

"Oooof" is right...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:35 PM 02-12-2021
I'm sure this is going to go well.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:36 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Gonna double down on dumb, huh?
Nope. But you DID watch the game last Sunday, right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Nope. But you DID watch the game last Sunday, right?
Yeah, I sure did.

And they ran a bunch of screen passes that didn't work.

If you watched the game, then you obviously don't know what a screen pass is.

So by all mean, keep going. It just makes you look all the worse.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:38 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:

Shades of that OP game you quoted, Andy basically HANDED Tampa Gay Fuccanqueers a TD right before the half.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:39 PM 02-12-2021
oh FUCK YOU
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:40 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I sure did.

And they ran a bunch of screen passes that didn't work.

If you watched the game, then you obviously don't know what a screen pass is.

So by all mean, keep going. It just makes you look all the worse.
Then the oline weren't screening correctly. Because that would be some piss poor blocking for screens.

What I remember was Mahomes dropping back and running for his life. Constantly.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 240
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231 > Last »
Up