ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is our run defense so bad?
TLO 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Someone smarter than me please explain.

Is it the line? LBs? Both?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 PM 09-19-2021
They looked like they'd never seen a read option before.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:52 PM 09-19-2021
I'm curious how much Jones on the outside impacts things. Dont get me wrong hes still a beast especially on passing downs but there were some plays where he looked inefficient in space against the run.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:53 PM 09-19-2021
It makes no sense.

Nnadi- Run stuffer
Reed- Run stuffer
Jones- Run stuffer
Danna- solid
Hitchens- suppose to be solid all around
Bolton- Good when he's in the right spot

All in all, ugly turnovers are ultimately what lost us the game. But this D now has a reputation for being soft. They' have not played tough dating back to the Super Bowl. It's a nasty trend. I don't know what the problem is.

Perhaps it is Spags.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 PM 09-19-2021
Jones actually is hit or miss against the run..

All a team has to do is read option and have a mobile QB and all the aggression goes away. They just sit and wait instead of flowing.
[Reply]
FAX 11:02 PM 09-19-2021
Forget "holding" the edge ...

In this game, our guys couldn't "find" the edge.

We were trampled. We don't have the speed to make up for poor design and a heaping helping of pure player stupidity.

Not to mention that our d-line "big guys" played small and weak at the point.

We should have sufficient talent to play better against a predictable ground game, so I place the blame squarely on coaching.

FAX
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:03 PM 09-19-2021
we have no linebackers

you need linebackers to stop the run
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 PM 09-19-2021
I don’t get the Ward and Taco cuts at this point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:37 PM 09-19-2021
Chris Jones is not a DE. He got his ass kicked all night. This Dline is basically playing with no DE's.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:37 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It makes no sense.

Nnadi- Run stuffer
Reed- Run stuffer
Jones- Run stuffer
Danna- solid
Hitchens- suppose to be solid all around
Bolton- Good when he's in the right spot

All in all, ugly turnovers are ultimately what lost us the game. But this D now has a reputation for being soft. They' have not played tough dating back to the Super Bowl. It's a nasty trend. I don't know what the problem is.

Perhaps it is Spags.
I find your notion that Jones is a run stuffer next to laughable.

He stuffs the run as well as Andy diets.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:38 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Chris Jones is not a DE. He got his ass kicked all night. This Dline is basically playing with no DE's.

Yes. Frank Clark is an overpaid Dee Ford.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:42 PM 09-19-2021
They have got to move Jones back to the inside where he belongs. He was a chicken with his head cut off all night.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:46 PM 09-19-2021
This game was deliberately called to keep it tight...on both sides. Spaggs made zero adjustments on team that was the walking wounded. This is the politics of the NFL these days...ratings pay the bills. Parity is for the regular season...

I haven't given this game a second thought...other than it was entertaining. Vegas made millions and millions tonight...so they are happy with Reid. This is a good thing...you piss them off and cost them money...they can make the first half of a SB turn yellow. They will remind you who is in charge..

KC has a front-loaded schedule...if they ran the table, this early, there would be no drama for the entire season. Chiefs would own all the AFC tie breakers...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:51 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This game was deliberately called to keep it tight...on both sides. Spaggs made zero adjustments on team that was the walking wounded. This is the politics of the NFL these days...ratings pay the bills. Parity is for the regular season...

I'm haven't given this game a second thought...other than it was entertaining. Vegas made millions and millions tonight...so they are happy with Reid. This is a good thing...you piss them off and cost them money...they can make the first half of a SB turn yellow.

KC has a front-loaded schedule...if they ran the table, this early, there would be no drama for the entire season. Chiefs would own all the tie breakers...
That's enough huffing whippits for you. Stick to Jankem bud
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:54 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
They have got to move Jones back to the inside where he belongs. He was a chicken with his head cut off all night.
He doesn’t play the run well enough to play him at DT in early downs. That’s part of the reason why they moved him outside. The read-option though fooled him every time.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:56 PM 09-19-2021
Just telling you how the world ACTUALLY works...this is sports entertainment with a ton of gambling money attached to it.

They dont even hide it anymore...every NFL site has a section dedicated to Vegas points spreads now...it's in the open.

You can believe what you want...makes no difference to me.

I said earlier in the week..DO NOT bet KC on this game...the spread is too low.

I said dont bet on the Raiders opener for the Ravens too...

Both seemed like sure bets...until they weren't.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up