ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The future is hard to believe.
Direckshun 08:44 PM 10-23-2022
Look at this roster for 2023. It's fucking madness.

QB: Mahomes, Buechele (RFA)
RB: Pacheco, McKinnon (easy re-sign), Edwards-Helaire
FB: Burton (easy re-sign)

WR: Valdez-Scantling, Moore, Watson (easy re-sign), Ross
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson (RFA)

LT: ???, Wanogho (RFA)
LG: Thuney, Wylie (easy re-sign)
C: Humphrey
RG: Smith, Wylie (easy re-sign)
RT: Niang, Wanogho (RFA)

DE: Danna, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton (RFA)
DT: ???
DE: Karlaftis,

WLB: Gay
MLB: Bolton, Chenal
SLB: Chenal, Cochrane (RFA)

CB: Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Johnson
S: Reid, Cook, Bush (easy re-sign)

K: Butker
P: Townsend (RFA)
LS: Winchester

2023 Cap space: $45m with a Frank Clark cut, and even more with a Mahomes re-structure
2023 Draft picks: 12: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd (Poles), 4th, 4th (Hill), 5th, 6th, 6th (Hill), 6th (Ingram), 7th, 7th (Reed)

Key FA decisions to make:

LT Orlando Brown, Jr.: will he bring his price down?, will they franchise him again? might they actually tag-and-trade?
FS Juan Thornhill: a talented, sub-Pro Bowl player; obvious re-sign
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: seems like an obvious re-sign, price shouldn't be too bad
WR Mecole Hardman: he either signs a one-year prove-it or he walks
DT Khalen Saunders: he either signs a one-year prove-it or he walks
RB Jerick McKinnon: a must re-sign and should be cheap

They make a splash somewhere at DL in free agency. I think the Chiefs make the deals with Thornhill and JuJu. The Chiefs likely burn a 1st round pick (and goodies for a trade-up) to help fix the tackle situation if they need a LT, or they spend that 1st on the best DL they can get their mitts on if Brown comes to his senses and burns a 2nd day pick on RT.

They will draft a WR high, they may sniff out a top-end talent at RB somewhere for a steal, and then they just add depth in the trenches.

This team may win a Super Bowl this year. They shed Tyreek Hill, the best WR in the NFL, and still got better on offense. And they're going to have ungodly cap space, a dozen picks to stock this roster.

It's going to be absolutely disgusting how good this team is going to be next year, and for the foreseeable future. The Chiefs are in transition this year and still may win it all. If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl this year, we may legit be talking threepeat.

They're going to be that good.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 09:02 AM 11-23-2022
If we don't keep Frank Clark, does anyone think we could get a draft pick for him in a trade even if it is a late round pick?

I would keep Juju as long as it isn't ridiculous money.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
If we don't keep Frank Clark, does anyone think we could get a draft pick for him in a trade even if it is a late round pick?

I would keep Juju as long as it isn't ridiculous money.
Absolutely no way.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:16 PM 11-23-2022
I don’t think a team wants to trade for Frank Clark.

If he continues performing well, some shit team with no passrush will pay him like $3m next year in August to play a rotational role.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:38 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

If he continues performing well, some shit team with no passrush will pay him like $3m next year in August to play a rotational role.
Yeah, us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:15 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Sure, I'd do that. I'd pay him $3m base, and a $10m bonus if he hits double digit sacks.

On the off chance he made it, the $10m goes on the next year's cap I believe (but he won't.)

But he'd have good reason to be super motivated every week.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:29 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Sure, I'd do that. I'd pay him $3m base, and a $10m bonus if he hits double digit sacks.

On the off chance he made it, the $10m goes on the next year's cap I believe (but he won't.)

But he'd have good reason to be super motivated every week.
Nope. He can get the fuck off this team.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:06 AM 11-28-2022
I do think his time in KC is over, no matter what. He's just too toxic and the on field production is too inconsistent.

That being said... he does bring elements we're going to miss. He's still somewhat a leader in the locker room. He's disciplined in his cutback responsibilities, does a good job setting the edge, has registered a ton of pressures this season, and that play he made against the Rams, where he submarined two separate pulling offensive linemen... I mean no other DE on this team could make that play. That was 2019 Frank Clark, right there, just an unbelievable play.

His time in KC is over, but that doesn't mean we won't miss some of the stuff he does. The best solution to that is for Veach to actually upgrade the DE position. I think it means being aggressive in the 1st round to move up and get the guy you need.

I think Karlaftis is just some technique work away from being a 10-sack guy. Danna has been solid in a rotational role.

And I think this team needs to have a conversation about Carlos Dunlap that they didn't think they'd be having earlier in the season. Dunlap is starting to feel necessary for 2023.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:32 AM 12-26-2022
2023 Cap space:
$45m with a Frank Clark cut
+Chris Jones Extension
+Mahomes re-structure

How much money cap room have I made?

LT Orlando Brown, Jr: Tag him
FS Juan Thornhill: Resign
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: Resign
WR Mecole Hardman: Walks
WR MVS: Walks
DT Khalen Saunders: Resign
RB Jerick McKinnon: Resign

How much money cap room have I spent?
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 12-26-2022
Thornhill die was cast when they drafted cook in the 2nd round
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 12-26-2022
I don’t think they can afford to lose both MVS and Hardman. They’ll likely keep MVS since Hardman is priced out.

I see a lot of effort that’s gonna go into DL and another speed receiver that plays ST’s
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 12-26-2022
Wr in round 1 wouldn’t be out of the question
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:31 AM 12-26-2022
Wouldn’t this be the ideal time to take a LT in the 1st and let him play RT for year 1 and transition him to LT next year? With OBJ on the tag?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:09 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wr in round 1 wouldn’t be out of the question
Jalin Hyatt

Man would I LOVE him on the Chiefs

If Jalin Hyatt blows the door off the combine with his 40 time he may not even make it to the back half of Rd1… but if he does he should 1000% be on the #Bills radar.

Same system that produced Gabriel Davis.

NFL Comp: Healthy Will Fuller. pic.twitter.com/BdA9QczeiF

— Air Raid | Buffalo (@TheBillsGuys) December 19, 2022

Jalin Hyatt will eat up any cushion you give him pic.twitter.com/szF8FmQNgB

— Tyler Browning (@DiabeticTyler) December 19, 2022

One of the knocks I saw on Hyatt all year was that there’s not a lot of tape on how good of a route runner he is or can he win a contested ball because he hasn’t really had to. He just blows by everyone

It's like the anti-Drake London.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:13 AM 12-30-2022
Hmm…. Is he faster than mvs? Physically, he looks similar to mvs?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:26 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jalin Hyatt

Man would I LOVE him on the Chiefs

One of the knocks I saw on Hyatt all year was that there’s not a lot of tape on how good of a route runner he is or can he win a contested ball because he hasn’t really had to. He just blows by everyone

It's like the anti-Drake London.
Yup, he's my #1 guy but I have zero hope we can get him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up