ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 383 of 435
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386387393433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sorry I just got back - my god-awful heathen twins actually ganged up on their teacher, made her cry and then LAUGHED at her for it this morning.

This is a 7 year professional; the lead teacher at daycare. Someone that actually had my oldest at school and then has followed the twins from class to class for 3 years.

And they broke her. Then laughed at her for it. At 4 years old.

I'm impressed, furious and terrified all in one measure.
I've got one like that. It's terrifying.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've got one like that. It's terrifying.
The ringleader realized she'd fucked up when I got there. It was 100% attention seeking from the queen bee of attention seekers. I came in the door and she tried to give me a hug, got pulled off and looked up with a "oh...well this didn't go like I thought it might" expression.

Meanwhile the damn boy was giggling as I was talking with him. "Palmer, you like Ms. Chrissa and you were mean enough to her to make her cry. This isn't funny - at all..."

"Dad. It's kinda funny..."

To be honest, it's more malicious than I thought he had in him. He's mostly just a wrecking ball.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:05 AM 09-23-2022
Sorry I just got back - my god-awful heathen twins actually ganged up on their teacher, made her cry and then LAUGHED at her for it this morning.

This is a 7 year professional; the lead teacher at daycare. Someone that actually had my oldest at school and then has followed the twins from class to class for 3 years.

And they broke her. Then laughed at her for it. At 4 years old.

I'm impressed, furious and terrified all in one measure.
My youngest daughter was exactly like that. She was both hilarious and maddening at the same time. It lasted all the way through HS. She was in an advanced writing class and had finished her assignment and was talking to her friend and the conversation went like this:

Teacher: "_____ Why do I hear your voice?"
Devil child "I don't know, maybe you're schizophrenic"
Teacher "_____ I have been a teacher for 20 years and you kids just get worse every year! I don't have to put up with your disrespect!"
Devil child "I'm sorry Mrs ______, but don't worry someday your ship will come in......it just won't be a RELATIONship."
[Reply]
BWillie 11:07 AM 09-23-2022
All I know is I get $100 if he gets like 6 or less sacks. So I hope we keep winning but Frank Clark shits out his stomach liner.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:13 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
My youngest daughter was exactly like that. She was both hilarious and maddening at the same time. It lasted all the way through HS. She was in an advanced writing class and had finished her assignment and was talking to her friend and the conversation went like this:

Teacher "_____ I have been a teacher for 20 years and you kids just get worse every year! I don't have to put up with your disrespect!"
Devil child "I'm sorry Mrs ______, but don't worry someday your ship will come in......it just won't be a RELATIONship."
We got a call from our then 15 year olds history teacher because she was upset he was correcting her in class. She admitted he was wrong in what she was teaching, she was just upset he did it where the other kids could hear and not in private.

What's more important? Teacher feeling embarrassed or the kids learning true facts?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:

should have received detention for that
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:27 PM 09-23-2022
At the COST of adding $9 million in dead money to next year's cap.

Are you really not understanding this?

None of this is a result of the original contract. Take that out of the equation entirely because you had 2 options left even AFTER that fuckup.

A) Keep Clark on a $13 millionish cap hit this year and have $9 million in dead money on next years cap.

B) Cut Clark outright, absorb the same $13 millionish in dead money and have ZERO in dead money on next year's cap.

Throw the 'young GM' shit out because it doesn't mean anything. Brett Veach: Super Bowl Winning General Manager had options A and B above in front of him last March and he elected option A. That's friggen asinine.
This is a good breakdown. But, you are forgetting the replacement cost.

Cutting Clark would have forced the Chiefs to sign someone else (for depth at the very least) at the position. If it was a depth piece, not very expensive. But if it would have been a one year rental veteran type player, at least a good chunk of that 9 mil in dead cap is gone anyway because of this year.

Would I take that trade off? Yes. Because Clark isn't providing anything more than replacement level play anyway. But it's not quite as cut and dry 'extra 9 mil in cap costs next year for keeping clark' as you lay it out here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:32 PM 09-23-2022
Look around the league at all the veteran pass rushers that got 1 year deals to supplement. Pretty much ANY of them would be desirable over Clark. Seems like Reid was betting on whatever talk he had with Clark was going to motivate him to perform at least marginally better but the dude is just washed. At least it forces them to fasttrack Karlaftis into a true starter role instead of being rotational. Already taking the highest snap % of DEs now from what I understand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Look around the league at all the veteran pass rushers that got 1 year deals to supplement. Pretty much ANY of them would be desirable over Clark. Seems like Reid was betting on whatever talk he had with Clark was going to motivate him to perform at least marginally better but the dude is just washed. At least it forces them to fasttrack Karlaftis into a true starter role instead of being rotational. Already taking the highest snap % of DEs now from what I understand.
Yeah. Karlaftis led all linemen in snaps. He had two more than Chris Jones.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:35 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
This is a good breakdown. But, you are forgetting the replacement cost.

Cutting Clark would have forced the Chiefs to sign someone else (for depth at the very least) at the position. If it was a depth piece, not very expensive. But if it would have been a one year rental veteran type player, at least a good chunk of that 9 mil in dead cap is gone anyway because of this year.

Would I take that trade off? Yes. Because Clark isn't providing anything more than replacement level play anyway. But it's not quite as cut and dry 'extra 9 mil in cap costs next year for keeping clark' as you lay it out here.
Pretty much this. They looked at Z’Darius Smith who is coming off back surgery at 30. Yikes. Would you cut Clark to give him a 3 year deal?

They cupboard was pretty damn bare without Clark. Danna, Ingram part time (he’s too old to play a ton of snaps all year) and unproven players.

The Chiefs are too 5 in pressures through 2 weeks. Last week they got 18 pressures which is insane compared to last year.

They kept Frank but added a cheap part time player and developed 2 drafted guys. It’s worked out well so far
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:35 PM 09-23-2022
Oh really? I didn't know he got more than Jones. Good for him, dude is fucking balling. Can't wait for McDuffie to get back as well.
[Reply]
-King- 12:46 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty much this. They looked at Z’Darius Smith who is coming off back surgery at 30. Yikes. Would you cut Clark to give him a 3 year deal?

They cupboard was pretty damn bare without Clark. Danna, Ingram part time (he’s too old to play a ton of snaps all year) and unproven players.

The Chiefs are too 5 in pressures through 2 weeks. Last week they got 18 pressures which is insane compared to last year.

They kept Frank but added a cheap part time player and developed 2 drafted guys. It’s worked out well so far
Because Zdarius Smith was the only possible replacement? You can get a player who's just as good as Clark is for a lot less. JPP just got a $5mil deal and that's if he meets all incentives. Clowney got a 1 year 11mil deal. Charles Harris got a 2 year $14mil deal. Arden Key got a 2 year $7mil deal. Mario Addison signed a 2 year $7mil deal. And there are a bunch of other DEs that were available that at worst are as good as Clark.

We weren't lacking options.
[Reply]
-King- 12:48 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I agree. Frank being here and being shitty is the best thing that could have happened for Karlaftis. They were forced to play him a lot and he's been damn good so far. Can't wait for his pressures to start turning into sacks. He needs that reward.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Because Zdarius Smith was the only possible replacement? You can get a player who's just as good as Clark is for a lot less. JPP just got a $5mil deal and that's if he meets all incentives. Clowney got a 1 year 11mil deal. Charles Harris got a 2 year $14mil deal. Arden Key got a 2 year $7mil deal. Mario Addison signed a 2 year $7mil deal. And there are a bunch of other DEs that were available that at worst are as good as Clark.

We weren't lacking options.
Or…hear me out here…Carlos Dunlap?

Yeah. That’ll do. And a first rd pick. And Mike Danna playing really well.

These old guys like JPP, Ingram and Dunlap shouldn’t be getting a ton of snaps like a starter anymore. They’ve got about 10 years worth of being banged up. Don’t think it’s sustainable for a 17 game season.

Again. Karlaftis and Danna both got 6 pressures week 1 and our DL got 18 last Thursday. That’s top 5 in the league guys.

So what are we complaining about again?
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 09-23-2022
Cut him and pocket that extra money

This isn’t hard man
[Reply]
Page 383 of 435
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386387393433 > Last »
Up