ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
kccrow 05:30 PM 11-24-2022
One of a few guys I really like this year at the DT position but thought this guy deserved a highlight. He's the type of value play I think Veach will go for in the draft at NT. He's stout and packs a powerful initial jolt, plus he can move pretty well for a big fella. I have him pegged in the 3rd seeing as he's a lot like Travis Jones was last year.

[Reply]
kccrow 08:58 PM 02-02-2023
Apparently, Tomlin told him he was on the Steelers' radar at the Senior Bowl where he was a standout on day 1. Also on the Titans' radar according to the Tweet. Interesting. We can't get up high enough in the 2nd to beat these guys out for him without it costing a future 3rd at minimum. I really want this kid to stay in red damnit.

Wisconsin DT Keeanu Bennett said his favorite interviews with NFL head coaches this week were with Mike Tomlin and Mike Vrabel. Bennett said Tomlin let him know he was on the Steelers radar.

— Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1) February 1, 2023

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:13 PM 02-02-2023
This dude is a plug and play NT.

I don’t know if he’s peak Brandon Williams, but he’s at least peak Mike Pennel.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:14 PM 02-02-2023
And honestly, if the Steelers and Titans want him, that right there should be your endorsement.
[Reply]
spanky 52 09:55 AM 02-03-2023
Pigskin Paul at GBN compares Benton to Chris Jones and Simmons from TN. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see him go late in the first round.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:36 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
Pigskin Paul at GBN compares Benton to Chris Jones and Simmons from TN. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see him go late in the first round.
I've been thinking quite frequently of late that this might be the guy I want at 31. And maybe I'm crazy but I see so much potential with this kid. He's an animal.

At first, I thought 3rd then moved to the top 50 on him. The more I think about what I see with him, the more I think he's the guy KC should take. The void of talent at NT is the most glaring on the team.

This guy can shift from 1T to 3T pretty easily and he's disruptive as all hell. 10 tfl and 4.5 sacks last year. He blew up the Senior Bowl practices. KC has met with him.

At the end of the day, he has to be a consideration.
[Reply]
spanky 52 07:12 AM 04-09-2023
When Saccopoo was still with us he once said never set your heart on one player because you'll end up disappointed but damn I want Benton to be a Chief.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:17 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
When Saccopoo was still with us he once said never set your heart on one player because you'll end up disappointed but damn I want Benton to be a Chief.
Curious who Saccopoo was? Not sure I ever interacted with him but noticed the draft forum title, of course.
[Reply]
spanky 52 08:38 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Curious who Saccopoo was? Not sure I ever interacted with him but noticed the draft forum title, of course.
He was one of the first draftabators that I encountered on this site when I joined CP. He died of brain cancer. He was always pushing for the Chiefs to draft from the trenches out. He lived in Utah and was a Southern Utah fan. He was a good soul.
[Reply]
Up