ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Projected comp picks for 2023
Direckshun 09:28 AM 11-17-2022
OvertheCap continuing to be one of the most valuable offseason resources for the NFL:

For the Chiefs:
By team:

Spoiler!

By round:

Spoiler!

Assuming the Rashad Fenton trade for a 7th rounder qualifies, and with the departure of the Ryan Poles 3rd and one of the Chiefs' 6ths for Toney, that ostensibly leaves the Chiefs with:

4 (Hill).
7 (Pringle).
7 (Reed).
7 (Hughes).
7 (Fenton).

That is 12 draft picks. Although, as we know, not all of those 7ths are awarded.

Do we know what the cut off is for 7ths being awarded?

Last year there were 262 total picks. The year before, 255. The year before, 254.

Comp picks in 2022: 32 (+7 minority promotion picks)
2021: 33 (+4 minority promotion picks)
2020: 32
2019: 33

So we can safely say there will be 32 compensatory selections awarded. OTC has surmised there will be 32 contracts that qualify for the teams.

Guys, I totally think the Chiefs are getting 3 7th round compensatory picks, and combined with the Toney picks going out and the Fenton pick coming in, that will give them a total of 12 draft picks. 5 of them in the 7th round.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:39 AM 11-17-2022
Just to remind you, here are the players the Chiefs have picked up in the 7th and notable UDFAs they've picked up since Veach got here:

2018: Ben Niemann, Byron Pringle, Darrel Williams
2019: Nick Allegretti, Darius Harris, Tim Ward
2020: BoPete Keyes, Yasir Durant, Tommy Townsend, Tershawn Wharton
2021: Zayne Anderson, DiCaprio Bootle, Shane Buechele, Malik Herring
2022: Jaylen Watson, Isiah Pacheco, Nazeeh Johnson, Justyn Ross, Jack Cochrane

5 7ths pretty much ensures the Chiefs will get the priority UDFAs they're looking for, and will ensure this team is going to have nasty depth on the back end of the 53 for the next three years.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:59 PM 11-24-2022
That's a lot of picks! Hope we trade some of those to move around the board, but I'd like to see:

1. DE - Playmaker that falls
2. WR - Big tall outside WR
3. RT - Day 1 starting RT
4. DL - Physical tools needs coaching
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:24 PM 11-24-2022
RB Jahmyr Gibbs & WR Jalin Hyatt also interesting prospects!
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:11 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
That's a lot of picks! Hope we trade some of those to move around the board, but I'd like to see:

1. DE - Playmaker that falls
2. WR - Big tall outside WR
3. RT - Day 1 starting RT
4. DL - Physical tools needs coaching
We have spent a 3rd and 4th on RT recently. Thinking maybe we should go with a second to try and sort the position for a few years.

I would also prefer at IDL in the second/third to try and help him.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:02 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
We have spent a 3rd and 4th on RT recently. Thinking maybe we should go with a second to try and sort the position for a few years.

I would also prefer at IDL in the second/third to try and help him.
That's how I had it prior to editing, but I just don't think we'll get a big tall outside WR outside the 2nd.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:42 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
That's how I had it prior to editing, but I just don't think we'll get a big tall outside WR outside the 2nd.
Id be happy with RT, DL, or offensive weapon tho
[Reply]
Up