ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3243 of 3903
« First < 2243274331433193323332393240324132423243 32443245324632473253329333433743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 11:09 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There are rarely things in life that are black and white. Is it safe to get in a car or not? If you're in a car, will a seatbelt keep you safe?
CDC guidelines should be much closer to black and white than what the policy reads on their website I can tell you that. We discussed it at length in our meeting this morning.

My point was the motivation to make the change sounds more than a little odd considering they then want to tell you to ideally follow the 14 day timeframe its going to make managing this a pain in the ass more than it was.

Sure if you don't have to deal with employees and and employee family members totaling 2400-3200 people affecting your facility over 4 states I guess its pretty simple and not a big deal if it isn't "black and white".
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:11 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The 3rd party access they're talking about is the Ticketmaster example we've been discussing here.

The ability for a 3rd party the "needs" your vaccination information to look it up.

Once that happens, the sky is the limit. Data mining, advertising, who knows what else.

And sure, you're can make it explicitly opt-in but when you go to Walmart that one time and give them permission, are they going to give you a 3-page privacy notice that tells you that opting in one time gives them access for 30 days after you leave?
Yea I get that and that's the point not being addressed by Hamas.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:21 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea I get that and that's the point not being addressed by Hamas.
The "experts" have spoken. Just do what they say and :-) already!

:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:23 AM 12-04-2020
This thread is really going off the rails today.
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 12-04-2020
How is this any different than having to have a vaccination card when we go to school?
[Reply]
loochy 11:29 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
How is this any different than having to have a vaccination card when we go to school?

cuz the gubberment wants to control yer life
[Reply]
petegz28 11:31 AM 12-04-2020
I can honestly say I cannot ever recall having a vaccination "card". I have had to list the vaccinations my child has had to the school but never a card. I personally have no problem with it but the UK and some of the talk here is places are going to want to see the card and what not before they let you in or whatever. Doesn't sound legal to me but whatevs.....
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I can honestly say I cannot ever recall having a vaccination "card".
Iirc, the health dept has them, we have one for each of our kids in our lock box at home. Have to show it for their school.

I still have mine from my childhood
[Reply]
loochy 11:40 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I can honestly say I cannot ever recall having a vaccination "card". I have had to list the vaccinations my child has had to the school but never a card. I personally have no problem with it but the UK and some of the talk here is places are going to want to see the card and what not before they let you in or whatever. Doesn't sound legal to me but whatevs.....

I've had one for years....way back to when I was a little kid. My wife has one too, and so does my son.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 12-04-2020
Never had to have a vaccination card to go to school. Neither did my kids.

But as was explained earlier in the thread (maybe 2-3 days ago), that's a once-a-year issue. We're talking about the possibility of having to present your immunization status almost everywhere you go, every day.

That's not even close to the school analogy.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:47 AM 12-04-2020
A parent can choose for their children to not go to a school where vaccinations are mandated.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 12-04-2020
It's pretty obvious that vax cards vary state-by-state, just looking at the replies.

So again, this isn't analogous because it's a proposed federal system.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A parent can choose for their children to not go to a school where vaccinations are mandated.
And?

Cant you chose not to go to a private business or not?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:21 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not an actual classification, no. It's a buzzword they use when the dick with taxes, tax refunds, and other payments.

"The rich need to pay their fair share" as they hand out stimulus checks to everybody that makes $75K or less and leave the rest of us to fend for ourselves.
And a lot of us “rich” people have taken huge pay cuts (income down 30%) this year due to the pandemics affects on our businesses. A lot of us also work on the front lines and have to travel for work to keep business solvent. We receive zero dollars because “rich” 🙄
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 12:36 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
This thread is really going off the rails today.
Today?

This whole forum is a bunch of little kids at each other's throats daily....

But ya 'today' it is really getting out of hand

:-)
[Reply]
Page 3243 of 3903
« First < 2243274331433193323332393240324132423243 32443245324632473253329333433743 > Last »
Up