ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Have We Ever Been To The Moon?
Yes 218 89.71%
No 25 10.29%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Have We Ever Been To The Moon?
R8RFAN 12:07 PM 02-01-2003
I say No
[Reply]
cadmonkey 09:29 AM 10-06-2004
Originally Posted by jspchief:
CadMonkey, Thank you for spamming the f*ck out of this thread with your insane ramblings. Now go take your pills and put the jacket back on before they know you've escaped.

75% of your proof is based on improper shadows. Apparently you're going on the assumption that the astronauts took absolutely no light source with them, relying 100% on the light of the sun.

I got all these "facts" from some site. I just thought there should be some info for people to look at and discuss.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 09:29 AM 10-06-2004
I'm firmly convinced the landing did take place. But it has been 35 years since it happened and I still haven't seen a moon rock. But I don't get out much.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:35 AM 10-06-2004
They've got moon rocks at the Smithsonian, or maybe it's the Air and Space Museum. I'll warn you, though, that I spent a lot of time looking at them and for a month afterward I was able to ignite myself on fire at will.
[Reply]
cadmonkey 09:37 AM 10-06-2004
:-) :-) I love having everyone get angry and start yelling at me. These are not my words, I got all those pictures and descriptions from another web site. I don't care enough about it to do all that research. I don't think we landed there, but if we did well terrific
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:08 AM 10-06-2004
This is a time when i wish my dad was around, cause hed own you flat earth ****ers.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:17 AM 10-06-2004
Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs:
Also... *** That file is a torrent file... you need a bit torrent client to watch it... there, smarty pants.
Ok smarty pants. If you want to be that way.

1. You do not use a bit torrent client to watch the video. You use a bit torrent client to download the video.

2. Anyone with half a brain would:

a. Realize that torrent sites like Suprnova do not allow you to hotlink.
b. Checked to make sure there link worked before posting it on a forum.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:17 AM 10-06-2004
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
This is a time when i wish my dad was around, cause hed own you flat earth ****ers.
Hehe. When I first read the topic starter I thought Oh no, it's the Flat Earth Society.
[Reply]
ChiefJustice 10:32 AM 10-06-2004
Originally Posted by :
About 20 miles about the Earth, there is a radiation belt named the Van Allen belt. No human can get through this belt, If you try than you get hit with 300+ rads of radiation. Unless they are surrounded on each side by 4 feet on lead.

Professor Van Allen has stated that his original concept of the
"Van Allen Belt" was flawed and incorrect.A more proper definition
of the field is as follows...

Originally Posted by :
"The radiation belts are regions of high-energy particles, mainly protons and electrons, held captive by the magnetic influence of the Earth. They have two main sources. A small but very intense "inner belt" (some call it "The Van Allen Belt" because it was discovered in 1958 by James Van Allen of the University of Iowa) is trapped within 4000 miles or or so of the Earth's surface. It consists mainly a high-energy protons (10-50 MeV) and is a by-product of the cosmic radiation, a thin drizzle of very fast protons and nuclei which apparently fill all our galaxy.

" In addition there exist electrons and protons (and also oxygen particles from the upper atmosphere) given moderate energies (say 1-100 keV; 1 MeV = 1000 keV) by processes inside the domain of the Earth's magnetic field. Some of these electrons produce the polar aurora ("northern lights") when they hit the upper atmosphere, but many get trapped, and among those, protons and positive particles have most of the energy .

"I looked up a typical satellite passing the radiation belts (elliptic orbit, 200 miles to 20000 miles) and the radiation dosage per year is about 2500 rem, assuming one is shielded by 1 gr/cm-square of aluminum (about 1/8" thick plate) almost all of it while passing the inner belt. But there is no danger. The way the particles move in the magnetic field prevents them from hitting the atmosphere, and even if they are scattered so their orbit does intersect the ground, the atmosphere absorbs them long before they get very far. Even the space station would be safe, because the orbits usually stop above it--any particles dipping deeper down are lost much faster than they can be replenished.

"If all this sounds too technical but you still want to find out-- what ions and magnetic fields and cosmic rays are, etc.--you will find a long detailed exposition (both without math) on the World Wide Web at: http://www.phy6.org/Education/Intro.html

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/970228a.html
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:37 AM 10-06-2004
Originally Posted by ®aiders®ock:
The goal was to fool the Soviet Union about US strategic capability during the height of the cold war

On one side then the other side

"There are a quarter of a million people who worked on the project. It would be impossible to keep that many people quiet about the conspiracy," Plait said. Also, there are some 900 pounds of lunar rocks and material that astronauts brought back from the moon that geologists agree are clearly from the moon and not from this planet"

Both stances make sense

It is just really hard to believe

RR
Why?

Oh wait you are a raiders fan. Never mind...

Daev
[Reply]
Lightning Rod 11:05 AM 10-06-2004
We did land on the moon. The aliens asked us not to come back because they needed the Cheese since they were on the Adkins diet.
[Reply]
Lightning Rod 11:14 AM 10-06-2004
http://www.anomalous-images.com/astroufo.html

Speaking of green little cheese eating men This is an interesting site.
[Reply]
Buck 12:01 PM 01-26-2009
Of course we haven't. If we made it there 40 years ago, how come we haven't been back since?
[Reply]
Buck 12:02 PM 01-26-2009
LOL at the Thread Starters Avatar.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 12:02 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding:
Of course we haven't. If we made it there 40 years ago, how come we haven't been back since?
Nothing there worth going back for?
[Reply]
Buck 12:04 PM 01-26-2009
We have space missions all the time, you'd think at least one would have been to the moon, if it was even possible to travel there without getting fried in the Radiation Belts.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up