ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs have won 5 in a row
Titty Meat 02:37 PM 12-06-2021
FFS looking at the top threads you would think this team was 4-8 it's ok to be happy you angry fucks
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:47 PM 12-06-2021
15 posts in and I'll give you a serious answer.

They are underachieving on offense, which has people spooked.

They've scored more than 20 points on offense exactly twice in their last 8 games.

Until there's a sustained change there, people are rightfully gonna be concerned. You might get away with it against teams like Vegas and Denver - or GB missing Rodgers, or Dallas missing 3 WR's - but playing a poor team or hoping they are missing stars isn't a great game plan come playoff time.

They have 5 weeks to figure shit out.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 03:48 PM 12-06-2021
I guess we're truly spoiled at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won. But, it just isn't the same as when the offense is steamrolling people. I guess maybe I prefer offensive games. The defense was awesome and I still found myself feeling unenthusiastic during most of the game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:51 PM 12-06-2021
As spoiled as people have become, we're starting to remind me of Patriots fans. It's not good at all.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:36 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We didn’t score 50 and shut every team out.
I mean, it's actually kind of true.

The offense was very efficient at the beginning of the year, even including the turnovers, and the narrative was largely about how bad the defense was playing and can't blame the offense because they're stressed about having to score 8 touchdowns per game to win.

And now that the defense is playing lights out, the narrative is how the offense isn't scoring every possession. Opponents are going 3+ quarters without a touchdown and the fucking sky is falling at the end of games because they're only up 13.

The offense of course does need to get their shit together becaise they won't be playing Love or Bridgewater in the playoffs, but at the same time, it's not like we're looking at murderer's row come January.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:46 PM 12-06-2021
Most of the other contenders in the AFC have looked shakier recently compared to the Chiefs’ relative struggles.

And I am still trusting Mahomes/offense to clean their shit up come the playoffs compared to rookie Mac Jones, erratic Josh Allen, playoff choker Lamar Jackson, the Queen Henry-less Titans, etc.
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:17 PM 12-06-2021
These last 5 games are proof that Spags' system works. I would love to replace Bienemy with Kafka in the offensive side. But the main thing is staying healthy.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:28 PM 12-06-2021
Quote from ESPN.... "The Chiefs are the only team in the NFL that if they win the game, it doesn't count if they don't score 35 points and Mahomes doesn't go for 300 yards/3 TDs".
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:36 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Quote from ESPN.... "The Chiefs are the only team in the NFL that if they win the game, it doesn't count if they don't score 35 points and Mahomes doesn't go for 300 yards/3 TDs".
Low key think ppl are also forgetting that the offense had some VERY forgettable performances to close out 2019 and 2020 too only to end up whooping ass in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:41 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Low key think ppl are also forgetting that the offense had some VERY forgettable performances to close out 2019 and 2020 too only to end up whooping ass in the playoffs.
Remember the media's little narrative about us earlier in the year was our streak of only beating teams by single digits :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:10 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I personally didn't give a shit about those games against the Falcons, Broncos, etc; last year because they took care of business against the Saints, Bucs, Bills..... and of course you have to be pretty damn nit-picky to complain about 14-1 (of course, people still did).

I do think they still have plenty to prove this season, but for right now that means 7-5 teams on their schedule.

I've never doubted they would miss the playoffs this season and they could win the rest of their games..... and if they don't get the bye, I wouldn't be concerned about some of these ~.500 teams.

The only difference between this year and last year, IMO, is last season it was almost weird not to have unbridled enthusiasm about winning another Super Bowl, while this season is much more wait-and-see for mid-January on (granted, after last year's ref bullshit, not sure I'll ever have unbridled enthusiasm for the SB).
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:29 PM 12-06-2021
It does not matter if we win 3 to 0 every game- including the SB.

A win is the ONLY stat that matters.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:40 PM 12-06-2021
Billay learned to count.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 08:09 PM 12-06-2021
I turned on ESPN this morning which I rarely do and first thing I see is Ryan Clark saying something to the effect of: the Chiefs concern him because the only reason they’ve been winning the last 4-5 weeks is because their defense is holding teams to low point totals. It’s like, yeah, I mean defense is 50% of the game. The narratives are ridiculous.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:55 PM 12-06-2021
I’m just pissed because I want to beat the fuck out of bricks!!!
[Reply]
Bump 10:17 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
15 posts in and I'll give you a serious answer.

They are underachieving on offense, which has people spooked.

They've scored more than 20 points on offense exactly twice in their last 8 games.

Until there's a sustained change there, people are rightfully gonna be concerned. You might get away with it against teams like Vegas and Denver - or GB missing Rodgers, or Dallas missing 3 WR's - but playing a poor team or hoping they are missing stars isn't a great game plan come playoff time.

They have 5 weeks to figure shit out.
this is pretty spot on. There is definitely reason to be concerned about the offense, it obviously isn't playing up to par for whatever reasons.

I'm not going to sit here and cry even if we lose in the playoffs. It's been one hell of a run and I think they would be able to figure it out next season if bad things happen in the playoffs. There's obviously the drops, Patrick isn't on point every throw, the magic isn't really there right now. But we're still winning games, the defense has become amazing and it's going to be interesting to see what happens next.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up