ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Carl Cheffers - How did you rate his performance?
Lzen 09:14 AM 12-06-2021
Being at the game, it's a little hard to judge because they don't always show replays of penalties. Or they don't show multiple angles. So, was his crew good, bad, or something else? Were they as bad as you expected?
[Reply]
Hawker007 09:16 AM 12-06-2021
They were fine...a couple holding calls weren't good and the false start on Mahomes was completely BS, but other than that, I thought they were fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 12-06-2021
B-

Which is like an A+++ for a Cheffers game.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:18 AM 12-06-2021
Well I feel less anally raped than I normally do when he refs our games, there were still some horrible calls. The missed face mask against Darrel Williams was so obvious it was just ridiculous.

Overall, that was about as good as you can expect from him though. Just glad we weren't playing another marquee team or you know we'd have been barebacked all game.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:19 AM 12-06-2021
I’m sure Broncos fans would grade F. He hurt them more last night.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:19 AM 12-06-2021
That false start was so stupid and it pisses me off that Mahomes might think twice about utilizing an underrated part of his game after that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That false start was so stupid and it pisses me off that Mahomes might think twice about utilizing an underrated part of his game after that.
No he won't.

He gave the ultimate in "I don't want to get fined" answers last night.

Something like "I still don't know what I did wrong there - I guess I'll look at the tape so I don't do it again..."

He knows that call was weak as hell. It's not going to impact him going forward.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:25 AM 12-06-2021
I would like an explanation for the blindside block.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:25 AM 12-06-2021
Exemplary. The NFL is correct that KC in the playoffs equals more ratings than Denver winning the division.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:26 AM 12-06-2021
I still don't know what Anthony Hitchens could have done differently on that block.

It was far from a perfectly officiated game, but it wasn't one-sided officiating and the calls weren't changing the course of the game on ticky-tack stuff. That's the real key to me. If the officiating was like this for the rest of the year, I would be fine with it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:26 AM 12-06-2021
I mean the false start on Mahomes and the pass int on Kelce... WTF. And the pass int on Albert O vs Clark was kind of iffy imo.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:35 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No he won't.

He gave the ultimate in "I don't want to get fined" answers last night.

Something like "I still don't know what I did wrong there - I guess I'll look at the tape so I don't do it again..."

He knows that call was weak as hell. It's not going to impact him going forward.
I hope so. It’s clear Mahomes has thought twice about other elements of his game this season - my hope is that the league didn’t have Cheffers look out for his hard counts or some such. Mahomes hard counts are a thing of beauty and I don’t want him hesitating to keep using it in the future.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:38 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I would like an explanation for the blindside block.
Originally Posted by :
It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.
I actually don't mind the rule generally and was totally fine when the flag was thrown. Hitch clearly just used that opportunity to tee off on the guy and that shit is dangerous. I think we can all enjoy a fun football game without that sort of thing going on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 12-06-2021
We can survive Cheffers just fine against an inferior opponent.

You hope to fucking god we don't see that ass in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:43 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually don't mind the rule generally and was totally fine when the flag was thrown. Hitch clearly just used that opportunity to tee off on the guy and that shit is dangerous. I think we can all enjoy a fun football game without that sort of thing going on.
It's really odd that they define the rule on the player's direction on the field and not his direction relative to the person that he blocked. If a guy with an interception is running straight towards the end zone and an offensive player is chasing straight towards the end zone, then you're not allowed to block the chasing guy at all if you're between him and the end zone?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up