ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck Mike vrabel
tyecopeland 08:51 AM 12-06-2021
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/12/chi...edium=news_tab

Mike Vrabel savagely tweeted NFL's own rulebook at the league's officiating account to dispute Chiefs replay

Originally Posted by :
Charles Curtis
December 6, 2021 7:02 am ET

Apparently, Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was spending his free Sunday night watching the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos face off in the evening matchup.

Vrabel’s Titans were on a bye. And during Sunday Night Football, he watched as a review of a Travis Kelce incomplete pass — the Broncos thought it was a catch and fumble that would have resulted in a turnover — was upheld.

The NFL Officiating account explained that “the third element of a catch – time – was not met. Therefore, the ruling on the field stood as incomplete.”

But Vrabel responded with an image from the NFL rulebook with the definition of a catch. No other words. Just that image.

I guess he thought it was a catch? Former referee Terry McAulay explained further and said that Vrabel appeared to agree:

That’s funny, isn’t it? A coach from another team tweeting a criticism at the NFL’s officiating account! Does that count as criticism? Could he get fined for that?

Also: Do I want more tweets from NFL head coaches like this? YES PLEASE!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:40 AM 12-06-2021
Imagine how insecure you must be to tweet about a game that doesn’t feature your team. He feels that 1-seed slipping away.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:43 AM 12-06-2021
You could never tell we won on here with all the bitching some of yall are doing
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
He mad worried about KC
Yeah. Dude wants no part of our ass. Which is weird considering how bad a beatdown they put on us.

What a whiney cunt. Write a fucking letter to the league. What is he 25? Blather on about it on Twitter.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
It was clearly an incomplete pass and I’m baffled that it’s so controversial.

The ball was literally knocked out as Kelce was taking his 2nd step.
And all those steps are quick choppy things. He went like half a yard in 3 steps.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:33 PM 12-06-2021
I can't blame the officials for assuming that it was just another drop.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Salty tears!
[Reply]
Spott 12:37 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
This would be much funnier if it wasn’t so damn true. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:42 PM 12-06-2021
In real time, it looks like an incomplete pass.

In super slow mo, it looks more like a fumble. I wouldn’t say it was conclusive evidence by any stretch though.

If they called that a fumble on the field, I wouldn’t have been upset with the call standing.

Not enough to overturn the ruling on the field either way IMO.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:15 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The first image shows Kelce with possession and one foot down, satisfying A and partial B (1 foot).

Second image shows Kelce with his second foot down and the ball tucked, satisfying the latter half of B (both feet) and a partial of C (tuck the ball away).

The last image, you can't see his left foot, but it hits the ground at pretty much the exact instant that the ball is knocked out of his hands.

At that point, you can argue that he'd secured possession of the ball, had both feet down, tucked the ball, and taken a third step. By rule, all of that could constitute a catch, hence the controversy.
Jesus fuck. :-) He was in the process of securing the ball right as it was punched out. If he gets it securely in his left arm and takes a step or two forward and it's punched out then yes at that time it's a fumble.

Go to the fucking optometrist
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:21 PM 12-06-2021
This is also the first time I've ever seen a head coach make a comment about another game while it's taking place. I know it was difficult for other guys to do that before social media, but Twitter's been a thing for awhile now.

Really really weird and stupid choice on his part. Makes him look like a giant ass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:41 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Jesus fuck. :-) He was in the process of securing the ball right as it was punched out. If he gets it securely in his left arm and takes a step or two forward and it's punched out then yes at that time it's a fumble.

Go to the fucking optometrist
I've posted literal freeze frames of this motherfucker with the ball clearly in his control, from having two hands on it to cradling it in one arm. I've gone step by step on the rule book explaining the thought process.

You've done nothing but pull the staylor "you don't have a clue" card.

At this point, just tell me I've made a good argument and that it was a close call.

EDIT: I see you edited this part. Did you not see what I literally copied and pasted from the actual NFL rulebook that you told me I clearly had no idea about? Lol. You're making shit up to fit your personal judgement on what is a catch. By the rule book, what Kelce did could easily have been considered a catch so for anyone here to say it was clearly not is just absurd. It is close.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:01 PM 12-06-2021
It's afraid!
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:06 PM 12-06-2021
it was a fumble

that is all
[Reply]
JakeF 02:12 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
If that occurred in the end zone, I would still say it was knocked away incomplete.
It's different in the endzone.

Possession occurs almost instantly when a player has the ball in the end zone. Like just breaking the plane gets a touchdown when running the ball.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:18 PM 12-06-2021
I know im in the minority here but i like it. The refs should be publicly scrutinized. Theyve been fucking awful this year. Theres 0 accountability, and more and more people have an excuse to say its rigged. It waters down the game when bad refs make bad calls and fans and teams are just stuck with it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:31 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've posted literal freeze frames of this motherfucker with the ball clearly in his control, from having two hands on it to cradling it in one arm. I've gone step by step on the rule book explaining the thought process.

You've done nothing but pull the staylor "you don't have a clue" card.

At this point, just tell me I've made a good argument and that it was a close call.

EDIT: I see you edited this part. Did you not see what I literally copied and pasted from the actual NFL rulebook that you told me I clearly had no idea about? Lol. You're making shit up to fit your personal judgement on what is a catch. By the rule book, what Kelce did could easily have been considered a catch so for anyone here to say it was clearly not is just absurd. It is close.
The whole evidence, you know, the fucking video says otherwise. You're still wrong but freezeframe away.

They didn't even announce it like it was ever in question.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up