ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck Mike vrabel
tyecopeland 08:51 AM 12-06-2021
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/12/chi...edium=news_tab

Mike Vrabel savagely tweeted NFL's own rulebook at the league's officiating account to dispute Chiefs replay

Originally Posted by :
Charles Curtis
December 6, 2021 7:02 am ET

Apparently, Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was spending his free Sunday night watching the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos face off in the evening matchup.

Vrabel’s Titans were on a bye. And during Sunday Night Football, he watched as a review of a Travis Kelce incomplete pass — the Broncos thought it was a catch and fumble that would have resulted in a turnover — was upheld.

The NFL Officiating account explained that “the third element of a catch – time – was not met. Therefore, the ruling on the field stood as incomplete.”

But Vrabel responded with an image from the NFL rulebook with the definition of a catch. No other words. Just that image.

I guess he thought it was a catch? Former referee Terry McAulay explained further and said that Vrabel appeared to agree:

That’s funny, isn’t it? A coach from another team tweeting a criticism at the NFL’s officiating account! Does that count as criticism? Could he get fined for that?

Also: Do I want more tweets from NFL head coaches like this? YES PLEASE!

[Reply]
Hog Rider 09:37 AM 12-06-2021
If that occurred in the end zone, I would still say it was knocked away incomplete.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:39 AM 12-06-2021
It was obviously a fumble to everyone, except for idiots watching it in super slo-mo.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:41 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It was obviously a fumble to everyone, except for idiots watching it in super slo-mo.
Huh?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:43 AM 12-06-2021
This was a close enough call that I wouldn't have been upset either way. When they super slow-mo'd it, I thought there was a point in which you could argue that he got three feet down and tucked the ball (football move) before it got punched out, which would be a fumble by rule.

Real time, it appeared to be an incompletion so I'm glad they just stuck with the call on the field.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:51 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This was a close enough call that I wouldn't have been upset either way. When they super slow-mo'd it, I thought there was a point in which you could argue that he got three feet down and tucked the ball (football move) before it got punched out, which would be a fumble by rule.

Real time, it appeared to be an incompletion so I'm glad they just stuck with the call on the field.
Super close. Fine with it not being a catch. Which ever they went with first is how it should have stayed.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 AM 12-06-2021
It was clearly an incomplete pass and I’m baffled that it’s so controversial.

The ball was literally knocked out as Kelce was taking his 2nd step.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:53 AM 12-06-2021
Looks like someone is nervous about the Chiefs moving up in the AFC Playoff picture . . . . . .

He is starting to realize his own team is falling apart and may end up having to come to KC for the playoffs again like in 2020. Oh well. Sucks for him.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:58 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Huh?
The only way that could've been considered a fumble is if you only watched it in super slo-mo, and ignored the full speed footage.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:59 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It was clearly an incomplete pass and I’m baffled that it’s so controversial.

The ball was literally knocked out as Kelce was taking his 2nd step.
Don't be ridiculous. Kelce catches the ball and his left foot hits the ground, his right foot then hits the ground as he tucks the ball, then as his left foot is making contact with the ground, the ball is punched out. It is legitimately simultaneous.

It was very close either way.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:05 AM 12-06-2021
Don't be ridiculous. Kelce catches the ball and his left foot hits the ground, his right foot then hits the ground as he tucks the ball, then as his left foot is making contact with the ground, the ball is punched out. It is legitimately simultaneous.

A foot hitting the ground doesn’t count as a step. He took 2 steps after securing the ball and the ball was being punched out simultaneously with the 2nd step.

In no way was this that close.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:10 AM 12-06-2021
There was a play at the end of the game where a broncos player caught and dropped a pass. It was very similar and same result. Kelce's may have been a bit closer but it was about the same.

He didn't make a football move he was airborne when he caught it and his "two feet" where just coming down after the catch not advancing. It was the right call.

Vrable Looks like a bitch here, clearly we are living rent free in his head. Doesn't want to play us in the playoffs lol. Bad look for him imo.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:15 AM 12-06-2021

If that was in the endzone where the fumble is taken out of the equation, the result would have been an incomplete pass 100 times out of 100. Bang-bang is never ruled a catch.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 AM 12-06-2021
Al Michales was very upset about it not being a fumble as well.
It was a drop by all measures. To say he had 3 feet down is a stretch. To say he made a football move was a bigger stretch.

He caugh the ball and no sooner than he gaing control it was being knocked out.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:16 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A foot hitting the ground doesn’t count as a step.
There are probably 50 catches league-wide every Sunday along the sidelines and in the end zone in which it does.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 12-06-2021
There are probably 50 catches league-wide every Sunday along the sidelines and in the end zone in which it does.
You’re absolutely confusing getting your feet down with taking a step. I’m talking about taking a step. There’s a clear difference, regardless of your ignorance.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up