ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:25 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
exactly.
I've done a complete 180 from a year or so ago. Each pass catch attempt I'm holding my breath.

and 'usually', the drops are on routine (by NFL standards) catch attempts.
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Drops are bad but not the full issue. Mahomes abandoning his uncanny Brock Osweiler impression would help tremendously.

I'm hitting the hay. Great win tonight thanks to the defense! Go Chiefs!
Brock Osweiler? You really compared PMII to Osweiler? Words fail me.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:26 PM 12-05-2021

I'm hitting the hay.
Permanently, I hope.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:26 PM 12-05-2021
Drops are bad but not the full issue. Mahomes abandoning his uncanny Brock Osweiler impression would help tremendously.

I'm hitting the hay. Great win tonight thanks to the defense! Go Chiefs!
:-)

Chiefs are on pace for the most drops in NFL history.

Besides the shooting- how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
[Reply]
carcosa 11:27 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
What a motherfucking worthless moron lmao
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:31 PM 12-05-2021
The dropped passes are very concerning, and should be. Maybe Hill is regressing back to his mean? Honestly, I don't believe this; Hill is better than this. He'll work his way out of this funk.

But as a whole the team is dropping a lot of passes. Now, in many cases Mahomes threw some pretty poor passes, but when the ball hits you in both hands, you probably should catch that ball. Mahomes needs to be more accurate, but our receivers need to make some plays as well.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:34 PM 12-05-2021
If I had world enough and time, to quote the poet, I’d go back and see if great QBs had a season where their receivers had a lot of drops. Marino. Montana. Young. Favre. Did they ever have a season like PMII in terms of dropped passes? Rice didn’t join SF until Montana had been there for a few years so it’s possible with Montana. But Rice didn’t drop a pass that hit him in the hands so if it happened to Montana, I expect it before Rice joined SF.

Notice: Brock Osweiler wasn’t in that list because Osweiler isn’t fit to wash PMII’s jockstrap.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:40 PM 12-05-2021
One issue since our defense got good is Mahomes and the rest of the offense haven't had the full game to get untracked. By the 4th quarter we're in run-only or super conservative mode.

In the past Mahomes might have a bad first half but then really turn it on late when he needed to. He hasn't needed to for a while, and when he has - like the drive at the end of the Dallas game, or the end of the Raiders game, he's done what was needed.

I'm not super worried about the Chiefs offense, but holy crap it would be nice if the receivers could stop dropping balls that hit them in the hands.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:51 PM 12-05-2021
It's getting to the point that it probably won't stop happening this season. Still some time to fix it, but the clock is ticking. If the team wants to make a strong run in the playoffs, they have to figure out a way to shut down 90% of these silly mistakes.

These drops are killing drives and costing the team points. The Kelce tipped INT against Dallas caused at least a 6 point swing in a single play, maybe even a 10 point swing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 PM 12-05-2021
If I had world enough and time, to quote the poet, I’d go back and see if great QBs had a season where their receivers had a lot of drops. Marino. Montana. Young. Favre. Did they ever have a season like PMII in terms of dropped passes? Rice didn’t join SF until Montana had been there for a few years so it’s possible with Montana. But Rice didn’t drop a pass that hit him in the hands so if it happened to Montana, I expect it before Rice joined SF.

Notice: Brock Osweiler wasn’t in that list because Osweiler isn’t fit to wash PMII’s jockstrap.
Rice dropped 10 passes his rookie season.

Pretty sure every receiver has had a bad year here or there. Every great player for that matter.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:57 PM 12-05-2021

I'm hitting the hay!
Watch out for Elway. I hear he hits the hay pretty hard after losses in KC
[Reply]
Dayze 12:00 AM 12-06-2021
???

passes dropped / should've been caught = Brock Osweiller?

Ok.
[Reply]
morphius 07:27 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Less sidearm please.
If Pringle doesn't stop his route that hits him in stride. Question is, was he supposed to stop or not...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:35 AM 12-06-2021
The common denominator is PMII. Hill and Kelce didn't forget how to catch at the same time.They removed the frustration of Hardman, not enough yet. Maybe form a barbershop quartet after practice.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:37 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It's getting to the point that it probably won't stop happening this season. Still some time to fix it, but the clock is ticking. If the team wants to make a strong run in the playoffs, they have to figure out a way to shut down 90% of these silly mistakes.

These drops are killing drives and costing the team points. The Kelce tipped INT against Dallas caused at least a 6 point swing in a single play, maybe even a 10 point swing.
Our offense is dying a death of a thousand tiny cuts.

Last night the drops. In other games it was drops and fumbles.

Mahomes isn't Osweiler but he is not in MVP form. He's playing like a top ten QB instead.

This offense badly needs more than 1 WR.

When teams take away explosive vertical plays and limit our RPO game we need to be patient and efficient...which we often aren't.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:38 AM 12-06-2021
Let the end zone become a kennel of bitches in heat. Then let the focused dawgs get a sniff or two!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up