ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:12 PM 12-05-2021
I don’t think the issue is Mahomes. There have been a few bad passes but the dropped passes are ones that generally would have caught in the past couple of years. Tyreek and Kelce count for 5 of his interceptions. I’ve seen a game or two of this happening but never to 2 star receivers over a season. Ruth now I’d say it’s about 10-15% Pat and the rest on receivers. Both Kelce and Hill are smart enough they know how to catch the ball. I wonder if they’re too focused on YAC or have the yips or something else.
[Reply]
bobbything 11:13 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
No one has even attempted to offer a single coherent rebutall.

You all are complete idiots :-)

Probably from west of the border, which would actually explain it.
Mahomes could be better but if the receivers stopped tipping balls, we wouldn’t be talking about this. Mahomes, overall, isn’t really the problem. Even if he’s perfect, as long as we are dropping 4 passes per game, it won’t matter. So, in that respect, I disagree with you.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:13 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Is it Mahomes dropping 15 plus passes the last 2 games? How about getting all the drive-killing holding penalties?

Trey cost us 10 yards this week and had back-to-back for 25 yards last week.

I guess you expect Wasp every play?

We kicked their asses and all you are doing is slamming Mahomes. Get a grip dude. :-)
Defense played fantastic tonight! Love to see it.

But this isn't about beating a bad Donks team. This is about February. Right now the main roadblock to February is Mahomes, Kelce and Hill pulling their heads out of their collective asses.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:13 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I would say if Ward could catch he would be a WR, but it doesnt really work with this team.
:-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:14 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Dude you once called for Mahomes to be benched for Matt Moore. Yes, Matt Moore. Because, well, of largely the same reasoning during Mahomes "slump" in 2019.

It's why a lot of folks on this forum wrote him off when were down 0-24 ("He's just not the Patrick in 2019 that he was in 2018 to lead a comeback).

He's still Patrick. He's gonna be okay, dude.
That’s also a “como”.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:15 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Mahomes could be better but if the receivers stopped tipping balls, we wouldn’t be talking about this. Mahomes, overall, isn’t really the problem. Even if he’s perfect, as long as we are dropping 4 passes per game, it won’t matter. So, in that respect, I disagree with you.
We had that many before the half.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:16 PM 12-05-2021
Never said he sucks. Only a fool would think Mahomes sucks.
I agree with you there!!!

Mahomes sucks.

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:17 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by bobbything:
It would certainly help the INT numbers. But the inaccurate throws, subpar pocket awareness and lack of rhythm within the offense would still be persisting.

I don't expect him to be perfect. But come on. We're talking 55% completion percentage, 1 TD games, passer ratings sub 80. He hasn't been good. We hold him to a higher standard than that. The drops need to stop but to not expect better from Mahomes is doing the guy a disservice. He can and should be better than what he's showing. End of story.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:19 PM 12-05-2021
You're still fucking that chicken? :-)

How good do you expect him to be when Pringle rat fucks him multiple times in a single drive?
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:19 PM 12-05-2021
It would certainly help the INT numbers. But the inaccurate throws, subpar pocket awareness and lack of rhythm within the offense would still be persisting.

I don't expect him to be perfect. But come on. We're talking 55% completion percentage, 1 TD games, passer ratings sub 80. He hasn't been good. We hold him to a higher standard than that. The drops need to stop but to not expect better from Mahomes is doing the guy a disservice. He can and should be better than what he's showing. End of story.
You are crying about Mahomes stats while ignoring that the main problem is DROPPED BALLS!!

If the receiver does not CATCH the ball that hits them in the chest- Mahomes does not get STATS.

Why is that hard for you to understand?
[Reply]
bobbything 11:21 PM 12-05-2021

Literally everything you are bringing up would likely be remedied if we stopped dropping the ball.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:22 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is a major, major problem, and the entire perception of Patrick's season is changed if our two hall of fame pass catchers would have caught even half of these drops this year.
This… 7 of Mahomes’ INT’s, including the one tonight were passes that had a 75%+ catch probability rate… most of which were tipped passes off Tyreek’s hands.

When Tyreek and Kelce are playing like shit like they did tonight, the Chiefs offense is going to struggle… the JAG WR’s sure as hell are not bailing the Chiefs out when Tyreek/Kelce no show.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:22 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You are crying about Mahomes stats while ignoring that the main problem is DROPPED BALLS!!

If the receiver does not CATCH the ball that hits them in the chest- Mahomes does not get STATS.

Why is that hard for you to understand?
Drops are bad but not the full issue. Mahomes abandoning his uncanny Brock Osweiler impression would help tremendously.

I'm hitting the hay. Great win tonight thanks to the defense! Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:24 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I would say if Ward could catch he would be a WR, but it doesnt really work with this team.
A duck served up right to his chest. Even you could have caught that one. :-)
[Reply]
carcosa 11:24 PM 12-05-2021

You don't think guys not dropping balls would help the completion percentage (a useless stat, as is passer rating, by the way)??? You don't think the rhythm of the offense would be improved if drives weren't killed by drops??????

Subpar pocket awareness???? What?????? Do you know what those words mean????????

Again, you simply do not know what you are talking about. If your point were simply "Mahomes could stand to play better," then you'd have a perfectly accurate, albeit banal, observation. But when you start digging in on Mahomes as if he's anywhere near the main problem with the underachieving offense, you immediately betray the fact that you do not. Know. What the fuck. You're talking about.

Try saying less.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up