ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:10 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Have you even been to a game this year? Mahomes has spent plenty of time firing up the crowd.

After his huge TD run against the Donks- he high-fived a fan and pumped the crowd up. I guess that does not fit your narrative. :-)
Yeah I've been to three games.

Browns game he hadn't started his string of poor play yet so he was still doing that stuff. Same with Chargers game.

Bills game he looked like a deer in the headlights the entire time. Like he knew he wasn't going to be able to dig us out of the whole. Been a lot of the same since then.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:12 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
foot injury?

Good lord, you guys don't deserve Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:16 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yeah I've been to three games.

Browns game he hadn't started his string of poor play yet so he was still doing that stuff. Same with Chargers game.

Bills game he looked like a deer in the headlights the entire time. Like he knew he wasn't going to be able to dig us out of the whole. Been a lot of the same since then.
So Mahomes wasn't running around the field during the rain delay- jeez he does suck-lol

As I posted- he was pumping the crowd up after his TD run. So not sure where you are going with this false narrative?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:26 PM 12-06-2021

Since we don't know the exact reason and the Chiefs will never disclose what problems Patrick's dealing with it's a fair assumption.

We all aabsolutely hate to make this presumption
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:37 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Since we don't know the exact reason and the Chiefs will never disclose what problems Patrick's dealing with it's a fair assumption.

We all aabsolutely hate to make this presumption
No, it is a stupid assumption. What he is "dealing with" is Hill passing a career high in dropped passes and Kelce right behind him.

The rest of the receivers are straight up trash. The play calling is predictable and the running game is non-existent on a regular basis.

He has 8 tipped INT's this year- ridiculous.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 PM 12-06-2021

Of all the idiocy that deserves such a response, wondering if he's playing through an injury is way, way down on the list.

I don't know why some people are refusing to place any blame on Mahomes. Ya'll are acting like he's going to find out and not be your friend or he'll tell everyone on Twitter how toxic the fanbase is and retire from football.

He's clearly struggling with some of his throws and progressions at times and there were weeks in a row prior to the Raiders game where even his body language showed it beyond just being a little frustrated. It doesn't mean he's broken forever or he's "trash" as people love to say.... it simply means he's human, which seemed questionable after 3 years of such greatness.

And all of those reasons you mentioned in the other post are absolutely true and absolutely haven't helped.... I just don't get why one extreme of saying nothing has changed in his play is any better than the other extreme of saying he sucks now. Neither are the truth.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Of all the idiocy that deserves such a response, wondering if he's playing through an injury is way, way down on the list.

I don't know why some people are refusing to place any blame on Mahomes. Ya'll are acting like he's going to find out and not be your friend or he'll tell everyone on Twitter how toxic the fanbase is and retire from football.

He's clearly struggling with some of his throws and progressions at times and there were weeks in a row prior to the Raiders game where even his body language showed it beyond just being a little frustrated. It doesn't mean he's broken forever or he's "trash" as people love to say.... it simply means he's human, which seemed questionable after 3 years of such greatness.

And all of those reasons you mentioned in the other post are absolutely true and absolutely haven't helped.... I just don't get why one extreme of saying nothing has changed in his play is any better than the other extreme of saying he sucks now. Neither are the truth.
Where did I say that? If he had an injury, we would know. Mahomes has stated he feels great- so maybe he is lying? Or maybe speculating he has a foot injury is stupid. Decide for yourself.

We get a tough win in windy conditions and people are trashing him on here. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:42 AM 12-07-2021
Drops have been the bane of our existence. It's like Hill is in his own head now. First the dropped slant that's a td. Then next play volleyball time.

Threw himself a little tantrum after the ball got picked. Nice to know you care Hill, but just catch the fucking ball little buddy. It's not like it's your main fucking responsibility or anything.
[Reply]
Bump 01:12 AM 12-07-2021
according to this we are tied for 3rd in dropped passes (not sure if this week counts yet for this list)

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmle...e=NFL&rank=232

The Patriots have the least, I'm assuming a penalty on the defense is called whenever they drop a pass though
[Reply]
JakeF 02:07 AM 12-07-2021

What?

How does saying that Mahomes' foot injury might be affecting his footwork mean i don't "deserve" Mahomes. How is that some kind of insult?

Mahomes just doesn't seem to be moving the same this year. I wonder if his foot is still bothering him. But hey, that must mean i hate Mahomes or something, right?

You fucking idiot. :-)
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:09 PM 12-07-2021
According to PFF... 9 of Mahomes' 12 INT's this season were graded as not "turnover-worthy"... i.e. passes that should have been caught.

Interceptions not graded as turnover-worthy throws:

1) Mahomes - 9
T2) Ryan - 6
T2) Heinicke - 6

— Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) December 6, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 01:30 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
According to PFF... 9 of Mahomes' 12 INT's this season were graded as not "turnover-worthy"... i.e. passes that should have been caught.

Yep. I was saying that in the Denver game-day thread, after the INT off Tyreek's hands... :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:40 PM 12-07-2021

Yep.

Too many balls tipped in the air, especially Kelce and Hill.

Some of it is timing - Mahomes has been behind on a few throws that lead to tips but these balls are catchable, ultimately.
[Reply]
-King- 03:17 PM 12-07-2021
Where did I say that? If he had an injury, we would know. Mahomes has stated he feels great- so maybe he is lying? Or maybe speculating he has a foot injury is stupid. Decide for yourself.

We get a tough win in windy conditions and people are trashing him on here. Ridiculous.
We already know he had turf toe that required surgery and that turf toe can be lingering.

And he's had issues for more than just this one game. Even past his INTs, he's only thrown 11 touchdowns the past 8 games. And that includes 5 in the Raiders game. Take that away, he's thrown 6 touchdowns in 7 games. And has a 61% completion. That's not good and no one is wrong for pointing that out.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:14 PM 12-07-2021

If you can't trust the Hall of Fame guys to catch the ball or avoid fumbles, it completely undermines everything with the offense. We know the rest of the skill players cannot be trusted as well, so Kelce & Tyreek have to figure out this stuff. It ain't just tip balls either. Both of them have had momentum-changing fumbles this year too.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up