ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:40 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
He was back to leaving due to phantom pressure and just looking uncomfortable all night.
This is wrong. He stayed in the pocket last night. When he left, it was due to actual pressure.

The only issue was drops and penalties, and Mahomes missed like two throws he normally hits.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is wrong. He stayed in the pocket last night. When he left, it was due to actual pressure.

The only issue was drops and penalties, and Mahomes missed like two throws he normally hits.
One read, eyes on the rushers and head down. It' wasn't pretty from my seat. Maybe I am off though.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:49 AM 12-06-2021
Somehow the Chiefs have managed to revert to the Alex Smith days on offense.

I liked Smith, but besides one season, he never took shots down the field, which meant that the only way the Chiefs score is if they go on a long methodical drive. You get a holding call, sack, or something else, the drive is dead.

This is exactly what we are seeing now with Mahomes. So teams are not going to let us throw deep, fine. Opening drive is beautiful. March that ball down the field and score with ease. Then for various reasons drives fall apart, drops, or worse, drop that lead to an interception.

Then there is running the ball. So we run CEH, he gets 5 yards. On second down we run again, and get 3 yards. Now everything comes down to 3rd down. And we either can't make the play or another run gets snuffed out.

I think the Chiefs need to be more aggressive on 1st and 2nd Downs. I feel like they are so predictable. And it feels like we help our opponents by taking the ball out of Mahomes' hands by being willing to put together long ass drives early in games, or running the ball because the defense is begging us too.

Part of me wonders if the Chiefs are fine with being predictable so long as they are winning. I mean why go out and destroy the Broncos when its not necessary. Maybe they are trying to set stuff up for the playoffs, I don't know.

For as frustrating as this season has been, here we are at 8-4 and tied for the AFC lead. And to be honest, not sure I see a "L" on the schedule.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 12-06-2021
After the 3rd and 12 play on teh Chiefs last possession where Mahomes turtled up and took a sack, Beinemy and him had a pretty good shouting match on the sideline.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 12-06-2021
Teams are making him play QB from the pocket, be accurate and patient. He does it for a drive or two, then he wants to play Texas Tech football.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:52 AM 12-06-2021
Teams are making him play QB from the pocket, be accurate and patient. He does it for a drive or two, then he wants to play Texas Tech football.
Eh. There have been games like that.

Last night it's more on the Wr's.

If you can't catch the ball when the ball hits your hands over and over no offense will look good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 12-06-2021
We probably score 35+ points if the two best skill position players on offense do their jobs last night.

Everyone just needs to stop panicking.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 12-06-2021
Well, we're 12 games into a season and it is the same shit, different day.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 09:01 AM 12-06-2021

[Reply]
Hawker007 09:04 AM 12-06-2021
After the 3rd and 12 play on teh Chiefs last possession where Mahomes turtled up and took a sack, Beinemy and him had a pretty good shouting match on the sideline.
That was because Mahomes was pissed about the false start call on him for raising his hands, which was total bullshit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:04 AM 12-06-2021
Dropped balls are one thing, tipped up balls remain the issue.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:07 AM 12-06-2021
Yep and been saying for awhile this is not who he is. He likes his deep drops but Brown can't block that.

Well, we're 12 games into a season and it is the same shit, different day.
Pretty much. We bring Gordon in and he doesn't get 1 target, so either he sucks or Pat just never looks at him or combo of both.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:08 AM 12-06-2021
Right now Gordon is getting open on about 14% of snaps, which is one of the lowest rates in the NFL.
[Reply]
notorious 09:09 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Right now Gordon is getting open on about 14% of snaps, which is one of the lowest rates in the NFL.
Wait, he played?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:14 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Wait, he played?
While he’s failed to get open he’s made up for it by dropping the balls that have been thrown to him.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up