ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1007 of 2678
« First < 750790795799710031004100510061007 100810091010101110171057110715072007 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, its going to be an issue in 3 more years. It may be up to $60 million a year by then. Whatever the $, we will pay it and wont have as much money to pay other players. Hopefully, we can fix the defense and win a Super Bowl before he starts eating up more of the cap.

I love this first world problem.
The good news is that Rodgers is already extended and I don't see anyone else re-setting the scale.

Luck is signed through 2021. Newton is due in 2020 but is he really going to get money that alters the QB landscape? Brady is perennial outlier, Ben is old, Brees is old.

So you look at Goff and Wentz as guys that will change the QB market - I don't see them pushing the scale that far, that fast. Rodgers just re-set the market with effectively 4 years/$125 million added to his deal (with another year or two that may not mean anything; they're palatable cap cuts).

So Rodgers is sitting at $31.25 in AAV and he's Aaron !@#$ing Rodgers. Even if he plays out his whole deal with the inflated figures at the back he's at $33.5 million in AAV.

I just can't see the scale getting rocket too far past that by the time Mahomes is due because some agent would have to walk into an NFL GM's office and credibly argue "my guy deserves to get paid more than Aaron Rodgers does" and that's a tough argument to make.

The cap will go up so the # will as well, but I'd say probably in the $40 million range and still around 15% of the total team cap.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 09-18-2018
Guys it’s happening. Remember 4 years ago when Denver got Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware and TJ Ward on friendly deals bc they had Peyton Manning?

That shit is going to happen to us. Players around the league LOVE Patrick. Wanna win a Championship? Take less money to come play with a real QB.

Happy Bday to the young 🐐 @PatrickMahomes5 ! Keep leading the way 🤞🏿

— Taco Charlton (@TheSupremeTaco) September 18, 2018

@PatrickMahomes5 Happy Birthday bro 🙏🏾💯

— Aaron Jones 3️⃣3️⃣ (@Showtyme_33) September 17, 2018

@PatrickMahomes5 happy birthday king.

— Todd Gurley II (@TG3II) September 18, 2018

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:57 AM 09-18-2018
Re: to DJLN

I know what you’re saying, nobody should make more than Rodgers, but they probably will. It happened the last time he got a huge deal and it probably will again. Because they can. Those QBs know they’re worth their weight in gold on the open market.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:58 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Guys it’s happening. Remember 4 years ago when Denver got Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware and TJ Ward on friendly deals bc they had Peyton Manning?

That shit is going to happen to us. Players around the league LOVE Patrick. Wanna win a Championship? Take less money to come play with a real QB.

Not only is he great but he’s very likeable as a leader...

Money always talks but you could be right. Especially as it pertains to veterans who want a ring desperately.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:59 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I know what you’re saying, nobody should make more than Rodgers, but they probably will. It happened the last time he got a huge deal and it probably will again. Because they can. Those QBs know they’re worth their weight in gold on the open market.
Either one of Goff or Wentz may have a Super Bowl by the time they're due extensions.
[Reply]
FAX 10:01 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He was very lucky to avoid Cleveland/Buffalo, etc. Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, Kafka, Alex. Really great group of people for Mahomes to learn and grow into a pro QB.
He mentioned all of that plus ownership stability, the Hunt family specifically, and community involvement.

Apparently, the Mahomes and Steinberg are big on "contributing" and using sport to enhance and improve society.

Anyhow, it was interesting that Steinberg was targeting the Chiefs just as the Chiefs were targeting Mahomes. Steinberg called it the "perfect situation".

FAX
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead:
Just praying for health free at this point lol
QB's can blow out knees and still come back as good as they were. QB's are the least susceptible to career ending or shortening injuries than any other position on the field. Especially with all the new NFL rules to protect the QB.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:06 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He mentioned all of that plus ownership stability, the Hunt family specifically, and community involvement.

Apparently, the Mahomes and Steinberg are big on "contributing" and using sport to enhance and improve society.

Anyhow, it was interesting that Steinberg was targeting the Chiefs just as the Chiefs were targeting Mahomes. Steinberg called it the "perfect situation".

FAX
Andy has a long and damn good record of developing QB's. Every QB coming out of college should want to play for him.
[Reply]
FAX 10:08 AM 09-18-2018
Not only is he great but he’s very likeable as a leader...

Money always talks but you could be right. Especially as it pertains to veterans who want a ring desperately.
That's the general undertone of Steinberg's interview. He talks quite a bit about Mahomes the "person". For example, he mentions how Mahomes can shut out the hype and focus, how he would rather work on his craft than party, and how he doesn't seek out or really even want attention. (Paraphrasing, obviously.)

Money is important, of course, and Steinberg always gets his share. But if you take Steinberg's meaning, it sounds like Mahomes first love is winning.

FAX
[Reply]
Hoover 10:08 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He was very lucky to avoid Cleveland/Buffalo, etc. Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, Kafka, Alex. Really great group of people for Mahomes to learn and grow into a pro QB.
Agree with this. The Chiefs and Mahomes is really the perfect marriage.

I think Nagy is the real deal, but watching the Bears last night one realizes that while Mitch can be a good QB, he's no where close to being what Mahomes already is. Funny, but at the end of the day I think the Master (Reid) schools his pupils because he found the QB that matches his playbook. Wnetz might be a close, but Mahomes just looks special. I'm thrilled for Reid, and I hope we are on the verge of a multi-championship run.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:17 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
I'm glad 9 other GMs were stupid

What is being questioned here is whether KC had Mahomes or Trubisky #1 on their board.
10, actually, since Buffalo traded out of the spot.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:24 AM 09-18-2018
Now when they put up the poster graphic about the next week's matchup with a marquee player from each team on it, our quarterback will be on there instead of Eric Berry or Travis Kelce or some shit.

Not that we don't love those guys, but you feel me.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-) :-) :-)

Mahomes is my first love, but Shrager has become my #2.

He's not even a Chiefs fan and he says everything we're thinking. Today he basically said, "I ****ing told you all about Mahomes, and if you're only NOW trying to get on the bandwagon, you can **** off and get AIDS"

So. Goddamn. True.

Schrager is going to be the sideline reporter for our game on FOX this weekend. Watching Mahomes throw bombs on the sideline in the kids first game at Arrowhead might make him internally combust into flames on site

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 09-18-2018

Oh sure. One will, maybe both will. And maybe they'll even get more in terms of raw cap allocation (that's the key figure).

But I don't think we end up with a runaway train like we had for a bit when Ben, Rivers, Eli, Flacco, Brees, Rodgers, etc... were all sitting there in the midst of HoF careers (or the Flacco phenomenal playoff run and SB outlier) and just kept accelerating past each other.

I don't see the raw number of guys that are going to have credible arguments to leap over each other. This wave doesn't have that kind of cache just yet, IMO.

It's not 1 or 2 guys who are likely to blow that market apart. It would be a procession of guys coming into FA with arguments to skip over each other that lead to a runaway jury of sorts. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't see it. I don't see Dak Prescott changing the market substantially and I don't see the rest of these guys getting into the FA market unencumbered.

We'll see...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
I don't remember why, but over the last 5 years or so Steinberg has become a much more vocal, visible presence and I have a lot of respect for the guy.

I have no idea what his client list is (so in time I may come to hate him), but every time I hear him speak I have been really impressed by his candor and forthright nature. I'm damn pleased that he's Mahomes agent.
[Reply]
Page 1007 of 2678
« First < 750790795799710031004100510061007 100810091010101110171057110715072007 > Last »
Up