ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Blindside block
SupDock 11:24 AM 12-06-2021

How is that a blindside block. He is clearly blocking in the direction the ball is moving and not parallel or backwards.

It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:31 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Similar, but worse call, in the Saints/Cowboys game a week or so ago.

https://youtu.be/N6Yqzsc2v1I
Holy shit, that's a penalty? Lol, wow.

If you want to be a stickler, call helmet to helmet, but that is NOT a blindside block. Hitchens loaded up and blasted his guy so I get that call even if I disagree with it (and as DeBerg pointed out, the NFL would have put that block on a video and made money off it not too long ago), but that tight end was doing his job and protecting his QB. The blitzer saw him coming at him and everything. Makes no sense.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 12:22 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Holy shit, that's a penalty? Lol, wow.

If you want to be a stickler, call helmet to helmet, but that is NOT a blindside block. Hitchens loaded up and blasted his guy so I get that call even if I disagree with it (and as DeBerg pointed out, the NFL would have put that block on a video and made money off it not too long ago), but that tight end was doing his job and protecting his QB. The blitzer saw him coming at him and everything. Makes no sense.
Funny thing here, after reading the rules & treatises in this thread, I think the NO TE did commit a blind side block but it was not what the rule was meant to stop. Whereas Hitchens did not commit a blind side block but did exactly what the rule was intended to prevent.

The TE blocked the player toward the end zone they would be defending (maybe parallel at best) and hit the defender with his helmet & shoulder. TE could have as easily used his hands like tackles do pushing rushers around the arc. Still, not that egregious a hit. But certainly seems to fit the definition.

Hitchens was blocking away from the end zone he was defending and intentionally turned to put his back into the defender & not his shoulder or helmet. Plus he hit him dead center & not to the head or neck area. Not Hitchens fault he was not looking at someone standing squarely in his path. So, by rule I am not sure he committed the offense despite the brutality of the hit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:56 PM 12-07-2021
Holy fucking shit. I hadn't seen that Saints penalty. Is he supposed to just let Kearse tee off on his QB? Could you imagine losing a game because you blocked a guy that was gonna kill your QB? I'd literally stop playing until something was done. Kearse even sees him coming because he changes his angle and tries to miss him.

These types of egregious penalties need to be challenged. Like how the PI challenge was, but coaches and fans were too god damn dumb to understand it.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:30 PM 12-07-2021
The officiating is getting ridiculous!
[Reply]
DTHOF 01:33 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Payback for Atwater's hit on Okoye.
Thornhill laid the wood pretty good to Williams first run of the game. Not getting enough talk. That was a more legit hit than what Atwater did years ago.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:43 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I thought Kelce was telling officials that they kept grabbing inside his collar, and he was pissed off because he thought the officials were looking right at it, yet not calling anything.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
On the punt recovery, the Den player had the KC player by the front collar. i would have pushed him into the receiver for that too.

someone needs to blind side block the refs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:05 PM 12-07-2021
I got blindsided on kickoff coverage in junior high at a fancy stadium in Texas with freaking astroturf. Never saw who did it, just woke up seeing stars. Hardest I was ever hit playing football. I believe I did at least set the corner and force the play back inside.
[Reply]
jettio 03:09 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I got blindsided on kickoff coverage in junior high at a fancy stadium in Texas with freaking astroturf. Never saw who did it, just woke up seeing stars. Hardest I was ever hit playing football. I believe I did at least set the corner and force the play back inside.
I think the key difference between you and the people in the thread who can't imagine that the Bronco player did not see Hitchens is that you at least played junior high school sports.

Pretty clear this thread has guys that elected hopscotch and jumprope during grade school recess instead of kickball.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up