ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck Mike vrabel
tyecopeland 08:51 AM 12-06-2021
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/12/chi...edium=news_tab

Mike Vrabel savagely tweeted NFL's own rulebook at the league's officiating account to dispute Chiefs replay

Originally Posted by :
Charles Curtis
December 6, 2021 7:02 am ET

Apparently, Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was spending his free Sunday night watching the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos face off in the evening matchup.

Vrabel’s Titans were on a bye. And during Sunday Night Football, he watched as a review of a Travis Kelce incomplete pass — the Broncos thought it was a catch and fumble that would have resulted in a turnover — was upheld.

The NFL Officiating account explained that “the third element of a catch – time – was not met. Therefore, the ruling on the field stood as incomplete.”

But Vrabel responded with an image from the NFL rulebook with the definition of a catch. No other words. Just that image.

I guess he thought it was a catch? Former referee Terry McAulay explained further and said that Vrabel appeared to agree:

That’s funny, isn’t it? A coach from another team tweeting a criticism at the NFL’s officiating account! Does that count as criticism? Could he get fined for that?

Also: Do I want more tweets from NFL head coaches like this? YES PLEASE!

[Reply]
jettio 05:24 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
If that occurred in the end zone, I would still say it was knocked away incomplete.
If that had happened in the end zone, that would never be ruled a TD
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:58 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
You're splitting hairs, because that's the only way you can make a marginal case that it could have been a fumble. You're basically saying that the ball settling an extra inch into his elbow & him removing his hand is a football move in itself. The move has to come after the feet come down, not be in the process of being made. He needed to take a 3rd step.

That is literally the purpose of slow motion replays and reviews.

The act of completing the motion is what the refs are looking for so when he was in the process of the tucking the ball, it wasn't a complete football move. He completed the football move shortly after his second foot has made contact with the ground.

Timeline again: ball hits hands and control is established->foot is down->other foot is down/ball is in the process of being tucked->ball is fully tucked->third step is taken/ball is knocked loose.

You could easily argue that Kelce makes what's considered two football moves prior to the ball being knocked out. I have literally provided screenshots from the video showing the clear timeline to strengthen my case. All I've gotten in return is "go see an optometrist" and "you're splitting hairs".

This should be the last post made on this debate. Call it splitting hairs, call it whatever. The point is: IT'S A CLOSE CALL EITHER WAY.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up