ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 297
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
KevB 05:53 PM 09-04-2010
For the first game of the season, I was impressed with the performance. Running game was outstanding (how about Howell!), receivers caught the ball well, secondary was pretty strong, front seven was decent, kicking game was solid and clever play calls when we really needed it. CC is going to limit the team's upside, but I'm happy today.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:56 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
DT is a special RB, but there is 0 chance the Cats win enough games to have a legit shot at the Heisman. Let's put that to bed before we get our hopes up.
DT for Doak!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:33 PM 09-04-2010
At the emaw volleyball game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:39 PM 09-04-2010
Great job, Cats!
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:09 PM 09-04-2010
That was a fuggin great game. I have no voice left, the right side of my face is burnt, and I have a throbbing headache from screaming for 3 hours. I couldn't be happier.:-)
[Reply]
Dante84 09:10 PM 09-04-2010
DT vs. OSU's Kendall Hunter for Big 12 rushing champ and/or Heisman.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:24 PM 09-04-2010
Nice win for you guys today!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:36 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That was a fuggin great game. I have no voice left, the right side of my face is burnt, and I have a throbbing headache from screaming for 3 hours. I couldn't be happier.:-)
I'm burnt to a crisp...but had a blast. Nothing beats coming back to Manhattan for the first game of the year.

This year will be a lot like last year, IMO - our QB situation is awful and our defense is pretty mediocre, but our running game will keep us in games.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:40 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I'm burnt to a crisp...but had a blast. Nothing beats coming back to Manhattan for the first game of the year.

This year will be a lot like last year, IMO - our QB situation is awful and our defense is pretty mediocre, but our running game will keep us in games.
Holy crap. I swear, 4 of the 5 sacks UCLA had against Carson Coffman were completely on him - being indecisive and not getting rid of the ball. Our qb situation is horrid. I'm not so sure the best qb option isn't true Freshmen - Billy Cosh.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:44 PM 09-04-2010
Holy crap. I swear, 4 of the 5 sacks UCLA had against Carson Coffman were completely on him - being indecisive and not getting rid of the ball. Our qb situation is horrid. I'm not so sure the best qb option isn't true Freshmen - Billy Cosh.
Klein looked lost out there as well. Coffman made some decent passes, and he really didn't make any :-) passes either. It's when he runs around there like a dumbass is when he gets himself in trouble. The line gave him adequate time to throw the ball.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:49 PM 09-04-2010
Klein looked lost out there as well. Coffman made some decent passes, and he really didn't make any :-) passes either. It's when he runs around there like a dumbass is when he gets himself in trouble. The line gave him adequate time to throw the ball.
Agreed. Had he just got rid of the fugging ball instead of running around like a dumbass, it would have been much better. I'm hopeful for just average. However, we'll have to do better than 60+ yards passing, or we're going to kill Daniel Thomas.
[Reply]
notorious 09:50 PM 09-04-2010

This.

Middle of the D-Line is atrocious. I have no idea why UCLA stopped pounding the ball.

The QB situation is absolutely horrid.

Special teams and running game is going to have to carry this team.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:52 PM 09-04-2010
Agreed. Had he just got rid of the fugging ball instead of running around like a dumbass, it would have been much better. I'm hopeful for just average. However, we'll have to do better than 60+ yards passing, or we're going to kill Daniel Thomas.
William Powell had 6 carries for 72 yards. :-)

We held a Norm Chow offense to 313 yards, most of which came in the final 2 minutes of the game. :-)

Yeah, i'm hopeful for average too. All I want is a bowl game.
[Reply]
notorious 09:54 PM 09-04-2010

We held a Norm Chow offense to 313 yards, most of which came in the final 2 minutes of the game. :-)

We HAVE to get a QB, especially with all of the talent this team will be getting next year.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:56 PM 09-04-2010

Yeah, Powell is a nice change of pace guy. More speed than power. Our D looked tired in the late 3rd and thru the 4th. I agree with Notorious. The Middle of the D is a major sieve. Got to get that fixed up
[Reply]
Page 224 of 297
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274 > Last »
Up