ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you do with coins as change?
I donate it to beggars 2 4.08%
I run it through a change machine that charges 10% 6 12.24%
My bank loves change, except for the tellers. 13 26.53%
I keep it in a jar with no idea how to cash it in for its value 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you with the coinage received as change?
Stewie 08:01 PM 05-19-2022
Pennies, nickels, dimes...

What do you do with them?
[Reply]
scho63 10:47 PM 05-19-2022
I stopped accepting pennies about 10 years ago
[Reply]
ping2000 12:51 AM 05-20-2022
I use change to buy 13 cents of gas just so I can use the squeegee.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:35 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I put it all in a jug, and then every once in a while I'll roll it by hand and cash it in at the bank to help fund a trip. I'm way too cheap to use one of those expensive coin roller machines, and it makes me feel wealthy to roll it myself and roll in the coins like Scrooge McDuck.
I bought this.
https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Soverei...r&sr=1-23&th=1

fun for all involved
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:12 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I don’t use cash for anything.

Credit card charge everything and get a free $500-600 cash back every year on rewards. Just pay your bill in full each month.

Cash is lame. Even more lame are coins.
Pretty much this. If a person is not taking advantage of cash back they are losing out on "free" money.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:14 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Wrong, cash is KING. I don't carry much, but I hate to pull out plastic for something that costs less than $5.01. If I go to my watering hole for a beer and it's $3.25, I leave the $1.75 as a tip. For what I have left from the end of the day, I put in a jar and have the grandkids roll it up in coin wrappers and take them to the bank. I'm a good grandpa.
Cash is not King anymore. Cash does not get you the lowest price. It is more dangerous to carry. If a person is not taking advantage of the extras that come with having and using credit cards, responsibly, then they are just not doing the best financial things they can do for themselves.

[Reply]
osumatt 06:32 AM 05-20-2022
I was never close with my older brother. I guess we both had a penchant to horde change though. When he passed there was about $800 worth of change in various trays and jars around his house. That was a shit load of change. That paid for airfare and hotel to Vegas for my wife. I save change too but about once/twice a year I'll take it to the bank and deposit in my daughter's savings account.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:35 AM 05-20-2022
In college I used to save it up and then hand a big bag of change to the food delivery person for whichever restaurant was lucky enough to get my order.
[Reply]
notorious 06:39 AM 05-20-2022
I keep anything older than 1970.

It’s great at teaching history to the kids.
[Reply]
notorious 06:40 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Cash is not King anymore. Cash does not get you the lowest price. It is more dangerous to carry. If a person is not taking advantage of the extras that come with having and using credit cards, responsibly, then they are just not doing the best financial things they can do for themselves.

I disagree.

I prove it daily.

They both have their benefits for certain things.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:49 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Not true, my LGS (local gun shop) gives a discount for cash.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:50 AM 05-20-2022
I put it in a wrist rocket and shoot it at bums begging for change. I hope that this motivates them to become a functioning member of society like myself with a mullet, iroc z and 14" penis.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:54 AM 05-20-2022
I pay cash for 90% of purchases.

I keep change in my left pants pocket & use it to reduce the amount of change I get back with each purchase.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:57 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Change goes in a plastic former cashew container that’s about 6”x6”x6”. When it’s full I dump it in one of those thieving cash machines at the grocery store. My bank used to have one I could use for free, but they got rid of it a long time ago.

I use cash so infrequently now that it takes years to fill it, but it typically yields a couple of hundred dollars.
Basically, this. Except I haven't done it for such a long time so I've probably got a gold mine
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 AM 05-20-2022
Keep it a glass gallon container we got on our honeymoon in Hot Springs 32 years ago. It fills up, we cash it in, usually a couple of hundred dollars and get some plants for the wife. Haven't cashed in since 2017 or so because we don't get change that often anymore.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:13 AM 05-20-2022
If you have a bank that's worth a shit, take them inside and put them there the machine and they'll give you cash. So that you can get MORE change later on with your new cash.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up