ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>For all the "media experts" doubting the Chiefs...
Vegas_Dave 12:15 AM 05-19-2022
For all of the media experts who either doubt the Chiefs or believe that the Chiefs are no longer the team in the AFC West to beat, let alone the entire AFC, nay, the NFL...

I have 4 syllables for you that you all have seemed to forget...

"Pa•Trick Ma•Homes"

I don't bother to record the names of the offenders to Mahomes' greatness but we all know they will change their tune as he puts it on display yet again.

#InMahomesWeTrust

*this message brought to you by Scotch.

Post Scotch Edit...

Mahomes has had 5 games without Hill... his first game at the end of 2017 (Hill sat with the starters) against the Broncos, and then the first 4 games of 2019.

Combined Stats
125 of 197 - 63.5% Completion
347.4 Yds
8 TD - 1 Int
Rating: 103.1

We should ignore that first game without Hill because he also didnt have Kelce and most of the starters. So that 1st Denver game (which we still won) he was playing with backups.

So if you only look at the 4 with the rest of the starters, but no Hill, here are the worst and best games:

WORST of the 4 Games (by rating)
9/29/19 at Detroit
24 or 42 - 57.1% Completion
315 Yds
0 TD - 0 Int
Rating: 81.0

BEST of the 4 Games (by rating)
9/22/19 vs Baltimore
27 or 37 - 73.0% Completion
3 TD - 0 Int
Rating: 132.0

I have always thought that other than Hill & Kelce, he has never had a great group of targets to throw to. This year, missing Hill will definitely impact the game, but I argue that this is the most overall receiving talent that Mahomes has had as a starter.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:26 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
People think Mahomes is just:

-Lucky
-Propped up by Tyreek Hill

They are ****ing idiots.
It's actually quite amazing how many people still think this, especially around here with all these Packer fans. "gIvE rOdGerS tHe wEapOns mAhomEs hAs aNd hE'd bE jUst aS goOd!"

Like my God, stop talking about anything ever.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:13 PM 05-19-2022
The vast majority of it isn't doubt, it's scripted drama.

If the Chargers had won a recent SB, there wouldn't be the annual prop-up-the-Chargers bullshit.

If/once the Bills finally make it over the hump and win a SB, they will only be in the spotlight long enough for the routine "can they repeat" talk and then they would move on to the next team.

FFS, the Bengals weren't even on a playoff seeding graphic the other day, how do you think they feel? And TB was barely in the top 5 after they won the SB.

The Chiefs aren't the flavor of the week because repeating "the Chiefs will be SB contenders" for the millionth time doesn't spin up drama and arguments.... everyone already know that.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:15 PM 05-19-2022
OH NO...Anyways
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:25 PM 05-19-2022
Assuming we make one more solid d-line pickup before the season, this year's team could be the crap out of last year's team.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:37 PM 05-19-2022
I'm not sure why anyone really cares about "media experts." Vegas odds still have us as the #3 most likely to win the Super Bowl (behind Tampa Bay and Buffalo). That seems reasonable and is a far more meaningful representation of expectations.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:41 PM 05-19-2022
Who cares?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:43 PM 05-19-2022
This is just the kind of bulletin board material Mahomes needs!
[Reply]
carcosa 12:51 PM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
i like kc football
Me to
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:05 PM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I can completely see why ppl would have concerns with the Chiefs. No pass rush and Mahomes has never not had Tyreek Hill yet.
We've had no pass rush for a while now.

And Mahomes is 4-1 starting in games w/o Tyreek. Offense averaged 30 ppg in those 4 wins.

So not really sure why all the concern, to be honest . . . . . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:08 PM 05-19-2022
Media experts aren't experts. They're actors who work off a script.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:14 PM 05-19-2022
Our division is tough but that also works against the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos.

If everyone is beating down everyone else, it is fully possible we just take the West again for the 7th time because we are a big game team and experienced.

Plus, while I do think Hill is a big loss the infusion of youth will have us as a more competitive team during the regular season. I think a lot of the high-priced vets had a hard time getting motivated for low-end games.

The 1st and 2nd year players don't know not to run through the wall every week.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:21 PM 05-19-2022
I doubted the Chiefs once....we had a Qb named Casshole!
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 03:24 PM 05-19-2022
Well, this is certainly a thread.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 03:42 PM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I can completely see why ppl would have concerns with the Chiefs. No pass rush and Mahomes has never not had Tyreek Hill yet.
Mahomes has had 5 games without Hill... his first game at the end of 2017 (Hill sat with the starters) against the Broncos, and then the first 4 games of 2019.

Combined Stats
125 of 197 - 63.5% Completion
347.4 Yds
8 TD - 1 Int
Rating: 103.1

We should ignore that first game without Hill because he also didnt have Kelce and most of the starters. So that 1st Denver game (which we still won) he was playing with backups.

So if you only look at the 4 with the rest of the starters, but no Hill, here are the worst and best games:

WORST of the 4 Games (by rating)
9/29/19 at Detroit
24 or 42 - 57.1% Completion
315 Yds
0 TD - 0 Int
Rating: 81.0

BEST of the 4 Games (by rating)
9/22/19 vs Baltimore
27 or 37 - 73.0% Completion
3 TD - 0 Int
Rating: 132.0

I have always thought that other than Hill & Kelce, he has never had a great group of targets to throw to. This year, missing Hill will definitely impact the game, but I argue that this is the most overall receiving talent that Mahomes has had as a starter.

Not worried. #imachiefshomer
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:52 PM 05-19-2022
Doesn't hurt my feelings in fact they are wrong most of the time anyways I feel better not being at the top by the "media experts" Everyone is looking that we traded away TYreek, but fail to look at our team at large and what we got in return making us a better team. Not the Patrick Mahomes Tyreek Hill show that really is what cost us the AFCCG because that's all Patrick was targeting most of the time and Bengals got the interception because Tyreek gave it up to a DB.

I harvest tears for my BBQ sauce and looks like I'm going be harvesting a lot of tears this year after each game. Let them look foolish on TV and who cares in the offseason when we have work to do.

It's also a great motivator for the team.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up