ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Why didn't the Chiefs select Jermaine Johnson?
Direckshun 03:41 PM 05-05-2022
Because of character concerns, apparently:

Originally Posted by :
In the days prior to the 2022 NFL Draft, we reported in the Hot Press that there were some makeup concerns with Johnson and some team sources even felt that Johnson's football character was worse than Kayvon Thibodeaux. The character issue hurt Johnson with some teams, according to sources. On top of that, some sources felt Johnson was slightly overrated by the media and his pass rush was not at an elite level for translating to the NFL.

"I wasn't a fan of the player and didn't see him as a 'top rusher' personally," said an NFC director of players personnel. "I believe his personality was a concern for a lot of people - not necessarily off-field concern, but he's not a liked guy in the locker room."

A different NFC director of player personnel said Johnson was viewed as a high-maintenance guy for the coaches to deal with and keep focused. Multiple sources said they thought Johnson's skill set could make him a solid rusher, but they not see him as a high first-round talent in that regard.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:50 PM 05-13-2022
People will be comparing Karlaftis & Johnson their whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:11 AM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
People will be comparing Karlaftis & Johnson their whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam Williams too
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:44 AM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I don't know about NUMBER ONE CHOICE, as I'd say Karlaftis is kind of a middle class man's Hutchinson. Not a poor man's, but a middle class man's.

But number one choice that was a possibility to actually draft? Yeah, I'll buy that.
Spags said Karlaftis was his number one guy of all the draft when he was on the phone with Kalaftis. .

Steve Spagnuolo revealed to Karlaftis that he was right atop his wishlist. Knowing his preferences at the position, this isn’t exactly a huge surprise.

“Listen. . . I evaluated a lot of guys this year,” Spagnuolo said. “You were, by far, my top guy, my favorite guy.”

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping that we’d be able to get you,” Spagnuolo said. “So I’m fired up. . .”

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...he-call-video/
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up