ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Is it too early to start talking about the 2023 draft?
staylor26 05:05 PM 05-02-2022
I’m going to start digging into WR and EDGE, because I think there’s a really good possibility that we’ll be looking at those positions early again next year.

WR:

Jaxon Smith-Njiba, WR, Ohio St. - this guy looks like Metchie 2.0. He’s even better though.

Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU - for what feels like the first time in a while, LSU didn’t have a stud WR. This guy looks like a top 20 pick next year though.

Jordan Addison, WR, USC - recently transferred from Pitt to USC. He’s probably my favorite prospect going into the season. Absolute stud.

Josh Downs, WR, UNC - Sam Howell’s#1 WR looks like a better version of Dyami Brown.

Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU - this dude is fucking huge, and moves very well for his size (6’4” 215lbs).

Dontay Demus, WR, Maryland - yet another big WR. This class looks like it will be full of them. Demus tore his ACL last year, so he may be the perfect late 1st round pick at WR, because I think he’d be rated much higher going into the season without the injury.

EDGE:

Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama - yea we won’t even have a shot at this guy. Future top 5 pick, and an absolute stud.

Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson - probably won’t have a shot at him either, but he needs to make a big jump to justify his current ranking for most people. He likely will though.

BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU - another guy that is more of a projection, like Murphy. Azeez’s brother. Much different build though with his length.

Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia - probably too small for us, but maybe he bulks up a little this offseason.

Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn - this guy easily passes the eye test. He just looks like a fucking beast. Should be a borderline 1st rounder. A little stiff, but he’s the type of player that Spags loves.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 AM 05-03-2022
Fuck yes to Quentin Johnston.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:55 PM 05-03-2022
Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame
[Reply]
Dante84 01:49 PM 05-03-2022
K-State Defensive End/Edge Felix Anudike-Uzomah is going to be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick, I believe, when it is all said and done.

[Reply]
staylor26 02:42 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
K-State Defensive End/Edge Felix Anudike-Uzomah is going to be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick, I believe, when it is all said and done.

Impressive!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:38 PM 05-03-2022
I had a dream last night that the Chiefs moved up from 32nd overall to like 3rd overall via trade with the Jags.

Worked out like this:

1.1. Texans - QB
1.2. Falcons- QB
1.3. Panthers - QB
1.4 Jags - trade to Kansas City for Chris Jones, 1.32, 4.125 (Dolphins), and the Chiefs' 2024 1st.

KC then used the pick on Will Anderson, the Alabama pass rush monster (and general, all-around nightmare).

Everyone was all abuzz that the defending SB champs made such a big move while hosting the draft.

So now I can't stop thinking about that. Also, the fact I'm dreaming about the 2023 draft is probably a little bit of a sign I'm a draft addict, eh?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:02 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
It's never too early. On Jaxon Smith-Njiba, unless they use him more out of the slot, as awesome as he is, I think he'll go later than top 10. That said the WR market is nuts. I think KC's approach for the forseeable future is playing the numbers game at WR and seeing what works out.

We're probably going to have a need at DT as well and possibly, less so, TE.

Not going to matter IMO. He didn't play exclusively in the slot either. He's a prototype Z move receiver regardless. Not much difference between the Z and slot.

He smoked that CB from Utah last year in the Rose Bowl operating as an X.

No doubt, with Wilson and Olave gone now, that they move him around even more.
[Reply]
kozzman555 09:14 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I had a dream last night that the Chiefs moved up from 32nd overall to like 3rd overall via trade with the Jags.

Worked out like this:

1.1. Texans - QB
1.2. Falcons- QB
1.3. Panthers - QB
1.4 Jags - trade to Kansas City for Chris Jones, 1.32, 4.125 (Dolphins), and the Chiefs' 2024 1st.

KC then used the pick on Will Anderson, the Alabama pass rush monster (and general, all-around nightmare).

Everyone was all abuzz that the defending SB champs made such a big move while hosting the draft.

So now I can't stop thinking about that. Also, the fact I'm dreaming about the 2023 draft is probably a little bit of a sign I'm a draft addict, eh?
I'd be more ok with that trade if we had snagged Travis Jones this year instead of Bryan Cook. We'd have two solid edge rushers in that scenario and no real consistent internal pressure pass rusher.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:16 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Worked out like this:

1.1. Texans - QB
1.2. Falcons- QB
1.3. Panthers - QB

That’s a wet dream.

Hope you changed your boxers and cleaned your sheets!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 PM 05-03-2022
Holy shit, just watched Nathaniel Dell, WR, Houston

He’s already my favorite prospect. God damn this guy is aweomse.

https://youtu.be/cTZPd9ug0oE (somebody embed please)

Looks like an even shiftier DJax.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:26 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not going to matter IMO. He didn't play exclusively in the slot either. He's a prototype Z move receiver regardless. Not much difference between the Z and slot.

He smoked that CB from Utah last year in the Rose Bowl operating as an X.

No doubt, with Wilson and Olave gone now, that they move him around even more.
Yeah makes sense. I dunno, could be right, plus there will be another WR run no doubt.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:59 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit, just watched Nathaniel Dell, WR, Houston

He’s already my favorite prospect. God damn this guy is aweomse.

https://youtu.be/cTZPd9ug0oE (somebody embed please)

Looks like an even shiftier DJax.

[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Thanks Dante! You’re the fucking GOAT!

This dudes COD is insane.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:57 PM 05-04-2022
Interesting to me that the above 2023 mock only has 3 WRs in the first round.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 05-05-2022
Man, this class looks absolutely LOADED.

EDGE, WR, IDL, TE, and RB looks amazing at the top.

It’s probably a good year for us to use one of those 3rds on a RB.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:53 PM 05-05-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up