ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock
kccrow 06:31 PM 04-20-2022
Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:32 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stingley
Pipe dream. If he's healthy we'd never get him and if he isn't we'd never take him.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:39 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don't mean trading up very far. I could see 4-5 spots to grab one of the guys like Booth or Elam.
If he really wants one of those guys, I think he can stay put.

Booth, Elam and Gordon. He will get one of those guys right where we are, IF he takes a CB that high.

I feel like Edge and WR are going to be round one priorities, possibly Safety if the board dictates.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:47 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He was also still on the staff that took CB's in the 3rd round in 3 consecutive seasons and one in the 1st round. I don't know that it's not in play. He simply hasn't had to do it. He got tremendous value seasons out of the trade for Fuller and the FA acquisition of Breeland that allowed youth like Ward, Sneed, and Fenton to grow but now the cupboard is a bit barer. We'll have to see. I put nothing past Veach, honestly.
Also guys like Woolen do not grow on trees. He is a physical anomaly. If Veach thinks that he can do something with a guy like that, I have no problems with him being aggressive in securing him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
If he really wants one of those guys, I think he can stay put.

Booth, Elam and Gordon. He will get one of those guys right where we are, IF he takes a CB that high.

I feel like Edge and WR are going to be round one priorities, possibly Safety if the board dictates.
I'm really going to laugh if we don't take a WR in the first round. The amount of bitching and whining between the end of round 1 and our pick at 50 is going to be amazing to watch.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:59 PM 04-22-2022
I'm really going to laugh if we don't take a WR in the first round. The amount of bitching and whining between the end of round 1 and our pick at 50 is going to be amazing to watch.
Imagine if they have to wait until 62 or 94... The place might implode.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:02 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Imagine if they have to wait until 62 or 94... The place might implode.
I'm here for it....and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't wait until then. People are looking at this WR group and thinking that it's missing a true #1 WR. It is...I'll agree with that. But there also isn't any fix right now where you're getting one. I'm not trading up for Jameson Williams.

Get a guy in the 2nd and then another one later on.....and the offense will be just fine. Even with how it stands right now....we're a top 10 offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stingley
I think he's reclaimed CB1 after looking healthy at his pro day.

He may be the first non-DE/OT drafted.

That ain't happening. Even if you want to sell the farm for the 6th from Carolina, Stingley may go before that spot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 04-22-2022
I'm here for it....and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't wait until then. People are looking at this WR group and thinking that it's missing a true #1 WR. It is...I'll agree with that. But there also isn't any fix right now where you're getting one. I'm not trading up for Jameson Williams.

Get a guy in the 2nd and then another one later on.....and the offense will be just fine. Even with how it stands right now....we're a top 10 offense.
Our 'true #1' is Travis Kelce.

Kelce and three #2/3 types would absolutely dominate.

Again, we have the luxury of a generational talent under center. Put that to its highest and best use by letting him cook. "Fuck it, Tyreek down there somewhere" is something Matt Cassel could have done.

We'll see the best version of Patrick Mahomes when we make his weapons DEEPER, not when we emphasize the top end of them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:16 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Our 'true #1' is Travis Kelce.

Kelce and three #2/3 types would absolutely dominate.

Again, we have the luxury of a generational talent under center. Put that to its highest and best use by letting him cook. "Fuck it, Tyreek down there somewhere" is something Matt Cassel could have done.

We'll see the best version of Patrick Mahomes when we make his weapons DEEPER, not when we emphasize the top end of them.
Exactly. Say you roll into Week 1 with the following: Kelce, Juju, MVS, Hardman, Tolbert and Ezukanma as your top weapons. That's still a top 10 offense. (And feel free to switch out the rookies in that example)

In 2023....you're still sitting good with Kelce, MVS, Tolbert, Ezukanma and you have the ability to draft another 1-2 rookies before the season while Kelce is on the downturn of his career.

And that's not even factoring in FA or any of the guys we have now turning into something: Fortson, Gray, Powell, Fountain or a TE that we draft this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 04-22-2022

That ain't happening. Even if you want to sell the farm for the 6th from Carolina, Stingley may go before that spot.
Yup

2. Derek Stingley Jr. is the hottest name in the draft. There's even buzz about him being drafted in the top 3 picks.

Said one scout when asked about his subpar 2020 season—"I'd have checked out on that team, too. That was a sh!tshow."

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 22, 2022

[Reply]
kccrow 02:39 PM 04-22-2022

I think Stingley will be lucky to crack the top 20, and he should feel good if he's a 1st round pick. He hasn't been good or healthy at the same time in a couple of years.

Sauce Gardner is probably the top pick at CB. I wouldn't bet against Booth and McDuffie going ahead of Stingley too.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:42 PM 04-22-2022
Im trying not to get to locked on to any position or player for that matter. Veach has surprised us all, every year. If people are being reasonable, there is no reason to doubt Mr. Veach at this point. Therefor NO reason to freak out at whatever he does. I cant wait to see how it plays out!!

Im only guessing because thats all we can do, my guess is Edge and WR in round 1.

If that turns out to be Edge and CB/S, sweet.

If its WR and CB/S and he waits on Edge? How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:45 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Im trying not to get to locked on to any position or player for that matter. Veach has surprised us all, every year. If people are being reasonable, there is no reason to doubt Mr. Veach at this point. Therefor NO reason to freak out at whatever he does. I cant wait to see how it plays out!!

Im only guessing because thats all we can do, my guess is Edge and WR in round 1.

If that turns out to be Edge and CB/S, sweet.

If its WR and CB/S and he waits on Edge? How would you feel about that?
I mean, it doesn't really matter how I feel about it. The only way I'm going to be pissed is if he doesn't come out of this draft with at least one DE.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:45 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup

So what you're saying is, if you draft him in the top 3 you can count on him "checking out" because if you're picking that high, you're most assuredly a shitshow.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:08 PM 04-22-2022
I mean, it doesn't really matter how I feel about it. The only way I'm going to be pissed is if he doesn't come out of this draft with at least one DE.
I dont see that happening either. Maybe if he takes a stud DT then only on DE?

Still not likely, I see two DEs and two WRs. Not necessarily in the first two rounds.

CB, S, T, DT, LB, TE... Man this is going to be the best draft!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up