ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock
kccrow 06:31 PM 04-20-2022
Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 04-21-2022
Meh, i'll post it here too:

Round 1, Pick 29; Andrew Booth Jr. (One of my favorites of the draft, this is the star of my Mock. Kaiir Elam could work here too assuming Booth is gone)

Round 1, Pick 30; Boye Mafe (lazy pick here by me, but the Chiefs need a rusher and i expect Karlaftis to be gone)

Round 2, Pick 50; George Pickens (1st round talent imo, I struggle if he's my favorite or 2nd favorite WR in the draft)

Round 2, Pick 62; Jalyn Armour Davis (Chiefs get a 2nd big time physical attribute corner, giving them two outstanding boundry corner rookie prospects to develop)

Round 3, Pick 94; David Ojabo (possibly wishful thinking here but that injury creates uncertainty and he'll have to redshirt his rookie season.I think he slides into the 3rd where these types of guys are generally seen taken)

Round 3, Pick 103; Max Mitchel (Chiefs add some competition at swing tackle with a player that has the potential to outright take the RT job)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 04-21-2022
So far the best 'published' mock I've seen has been a 2-rounder from Nate Tice:

29: Arnold Ebiketie
30: Treylon Burks
50: Roger McCreary
62: Jaquan Brisker

I say it's realistic because it's just not one of those "well the Chiefs need A, B, C so we'll reach for whatever is there" kind of drafts.

All of those guys could reasonably be the BPA as well as guys who fall into a nice need niche for us. They represent opportunity AND value.

I just feel like that's how Veach will approach it. Personally I don't think Ebiketie is the right build here, but maybe the long arms WILL be enough to make up for the relatively short stature. By his board I could also see us going with Andrew Booth at 29 and Drake Jackson at 50; same positions but their orders are flipped and I think you have better scheme fits with both guys.

But in all his draft was reasonable top to bottom.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:48 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
By his board I could also see us going with Andrew Booth at 29 and Drake Jackson at 50; same positions but their orders are flipped and I think you have better scheme fits with both guys.

If Andrew Booth is available @ 29 you fucking run to the podium. He's my #1 right now assuming we sit @ 29.

That's my boy right now. The more i watch him the more i love his game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 04-21-2022

I say it's realistic because it's just not one of those "well the Chiefs need A, B, C so we'll reach for whatever is there" kind of drafts.

All of those guys could reasonably be the BPA as well as guys who fall into a nice need niche for us. They represent opportunity AND value.

I just feel like that's how Veach will approach it. Personally I don't think Ebiketie is the right build here, but maybe the long arms WILL be enough to make up for the relatively short stature. By his board I could also see us going with Andrew Booth at 29 and Drake Jackson at 50; same positions but their orders are flipped and I think you have better scheme fits with both guys.

I would probably go with Booth and Jackson over Ebeketie and McCreary.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would probably go with Booth and Jackson over Ebeketie and McCreary.
As would I.

I just think this is a more fair approximation than what we've seen from the "Chiefs will select Logan Hall and Skyy Moore because Spags loves versatility and they need a WR!!" crowd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If Andrew Booth is available @ 29 you fucking run to the podium. He's my #1 right now assuming we sit @ 29.

That's my boy right now. The more i watch him the more i love his game.
Sure seems like the sort of guy Spags would enjoy working with.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:54 PM 04-21-2022
Ebiketie is 6'2" to 6'3" 250-260
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:55 PM 04-21-2022
If the Chiefs somehow came away with Booth and Pickens i honestly wouldn't give a fuck about the rest of the draft. Im so smitten with those two, lol.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:56 PM 04-21-2022
Surely you mean your #1 target at CB where we're picking and not the #1 CB in the draft
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:57 PM 04-21-2022
Sure seems like the sort of guy Spags would enjoy working with.
I mean shit.....those 4 picks would help out this team a lot.

29: Andrew Booth
50: Drake Jackson

Booth can start day 1 outside. Burks can be schemed for his first year and help improve his route running. Jackson is at least a dedicated passrusher year 1. Brisker is a damn good 3rd safety and probably a Thornhill replacement in year 2.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:57 PM 04-21-2022
I'd rather take Kyler Gordon then Booth. Not sure Booth is a spags CB
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 04-21-2022
29. Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota
30. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
50. Cameron Thomas, EDGE, San Diego St.
62. John Metchie lll, WR, Alabama
94. Nick Cross, S, Maryland
103. Cade Otton, TE, Washington
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:00 PM 04-21-2022

Right idea, wrong players.

Agree with taking Booth at 29, Jackson at 50.

I'd be pretty ecstatic to get Brisker at 62, too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Ebiketie is 6'2" to 6'3" 250-260
Yup. Short. Seems like an OLB to me. And maybe a little light, but you could keep Clark at SDE. It's not like Ingram was much heavier.

But with an arm length over 34 inches (longer than Drake Jackson and Jermaine Johnson), that may get him over the hump with the staff.

It's not impossible. I don't think it's terribly likely, but it isn't absurd. It isn't 'man, Spags would really love Logan Hall here...'

Look at the list and you've got Jones, Davis, Ojabo, Leal, Thibodeaux, Williams, Hall, Sanders, Mafe, Karlaftis, Watt, Cam Thomas, Nik Bonnitt and Aidan Hutchinson (among others) all as guys with arms shorter than Ebiketie has.

I feel like that might matter more than his raw height.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'd rather take Kyler Gordon then Booth. Not sure Booth is a spags CB
Expound.

Above average height, arm length and strength. Will play physical and is a fluid athlete. Extremely versatile coming from a major program as a top recruit who was asked to do everything. Good ball skills, willing tackler (perhaps too aggressive at time). Excellent intelligence and a hot motor.

I honestly can't see a single thing Spags wouldn't like about this guy. He's almost built in a lab for what we'd want to do.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up