Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 02-15-2022
DJ, I noticed you mentioned Sanders earlier. You’d take him in the 1st?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
DJ, I noticed you mentioned Sanders earlier. You’d take him in the 1st?
He's on my list, though not at the top of it (that's Walker, who I've spoken about several times).

The thing about Sanders is that he's so damn raw. And the production hasn't always been there. But holy hell did he dominate that Cotton Bowl. The traits are absolutely there to be a heck of a DE and you wonder how many of his pressures could've been sacks w/ a little more support around him on the DL.

But there's a lot of Rashan Gary potential there. Gary was a guy I HATED in the draft because he just didn't produce. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. I definitely preferred Burns and Sweat. But at the back of the 1st w/ a dire need at DE, I'd have taken Gary (who went top 10 for some bizarre reason).

And after 2 years in the NFL of finding his way, Gary was pretty good this year. And that's a possibility we might have to accept with someone like Sanders.

But I think he can be an outstanding player if he can get his production levels to match his raw talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 02-15-2022
Agreed. I’d be hesistant to take him at 30, but he’s my dream pick in the 2nd if we don’t go edge in the 1st. I’d even be willing to trade up for him if we fill enough holes before the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 02-15-2022
Agreed. I’d be hesistant to take him at 30, but he’s my dream pick in the 2nd if we don’t go edge in the 1st. I’d even be willing to trade up for him if we fill enough holes before the draft.
Yeah, I acknowledge that he's a little bit of a reach at 30, but I don't think you get him at 45. There are just too many tools for those dregs at the top of the draft to pass on him.

And in the end, when you're going to spend the next 10 years drafting at/below 25, you need to have patience. You're not gonna stumble into too many turnkey superstars. So if there's a guy with top 10 traits but who may require additional development to get there and he's available to you at 28 or 30, then I think you have to go ahead and grab him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I acknowledge that he's a little bit of a reach at 30, but I don't think you get him at 45. There are just too many tools for those dregs at the top of the draft to pass on him.

And in the end, when you're going to spend the next 10 years drafting at/below 25, you need to have patience. You're not gonna stumble into too many turnkey superstars. So if there's a guy with top 10 traits but who may require additional development to get there and he's available to you at 28 or 30, then I think you have to go ahead and grab him.
Yea well that won’t go over well on CP because apparently the only pick we can possibly make is somebody that is going to have a big impact right away.

But I agree, which is why I won’t write off Ebiketie or Sanders at 30, despite having a 2nd round grade for both.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 02-15-2022
Let’s say these 3 pass rushers are best available at 30:

Ebiketie
Thomas
Sanders

But these other guys are also available:

Trent McDuffie
Kyler Gordon
Kaiir Elam
Daxton Hill
Jaquan Brisker
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Trevor Penning

Who are you guys taking?
[Reply]
kccrow 11:40 AM 02-15-2022
I like Sanders in 2 but I think he has far too many holes in his game right now to be a 1st rounder. You never know though, the guy could blow up at the combine and all of a sudden you have a guy that gets drafted earlier than he maybe should based on traits and flashes.

I'm not opposed, just more stating my feelings on the guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 02-15-2022

Ebiketie
Thomas
Sanders

Trent McDuffie
Kyler Gordon
Kaiir Elam
Daxton Hill
Jaquan Brisker
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Trevor Penning

Who are you guys taking?
I might take Thomas but I think I'd wait and see if Ebiketie falls to our 2nd. There's an awful lot of really good talent in that 2nd list.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I might take Thomas but I think I'd wait and see if Ebiketie falls to our 2nd. There's an awful lot of really good talent in that 2nd list.
Honestly, I probably take McDuffie or London in that situation.

Then I’m seeing how fast Sanders, Ebiketie, Williams, Bonitto, Mafe, etc. start coming off the board to figure out when/if I have to trade up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 02-15-2022

Ebiketie
Thomas
Sanders

Trent McDuffie
Kyler Gordon
Kaiir Elam
Daxton Hill
Jaquan Brisker
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Trevor Penning

Who are you guys taking?
Whoever I take at 30....I'm trying my hardest to trade back up in the 2nd round and grab whoever falls from that list.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Whoever I take at 30....I'm trying my hardest to trade back up in the 2nd round and grab whoever falls from that list.
That's kind of what I was thinking when I looked at it the first time.

A guy like Ebiketie might be there at 40. Get a DB off that list in the first and then trade up for DE in the 2nd. We have some ammo.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 02-15-2022
That's kind of what I was thinking when I looked at it the first time.

A guy like Ebiketie might be there at 40. Get a DB off that list in the first and then trade up for DE in the 2nd. We have some ammo.
Hell...just to hear all the bitching and screaming that it's Speaks 2.0.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hell...just to hear all the bitching and screaming that it's Speaks 2.0.
With any luck, he might be Tamba Hali 2.0. He has a similar profile for sure...
[Reply]
kccrow 11:52 AM 02-15-2022

Ebiketie
Thomas
Sanders

Trent McDuffie
Kyler Gordon
Kaiir Elam
Daxton Hill
Jaquan Brisker
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Trevor Penning

Who are you guys taking?
Depends ALOT on free agency, to be honest.

If we don't re-sign Ward then I'd have a hard time passing on Kaiir Elam as I think he's the best player on the list overall.

I really like Cam Thomas as an edge though, he may trump all for me if Ward is retained.

I'm very interested in Penning if Ward is retained and ER and S are addressed in some fashion in FA. I think Penning could play RT this year and move to LT next year if KC doesn't re-sign Brown long term or just stay at RT.

I like Brisker, just depends on what happens with the position. If we're void a safety he's a guy that's hard to pass on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:52 AM 02-15-2022
With any luck, he might be Tamba Hali 2.0. He has a similar profile for sure...
Yep. If we can find a way to get him in the 2nd...then I'm all good with that. And that's even if we go DE in the 1st as well.

But Elam and Ebiketie in the first two rounds would be excellent.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 36
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up