Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's really a numbers game. If you think someone like Johnson goes early, then maybe Karlaftis slides. Or Ojabo, Sanders, Walker, etc...
This.

It's all about who goes where. One of them is going to fall to us at 30 as guys move up and down the board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think that by the time the draft is here…. Arnold Ebeketie will be considered a first round pick.
Yup.

That's my 12th guy in.

I do think there's a drop-off after Johnson to someone like Cameron Thomas, but even that's about 6 guys deep, IMO. And you'll need to see a litle helium from some guys like Hall and Enagbare.

But it's a crazy deep class.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:28 AM 02-15-2022
this is Reuter's Three-round 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0

Round 1 Kaiir Elam, Florida · CB · Junior

leaving this on the table...

Jahan Dotson
Daxton Hill
Roger mcCreary
Chris Olave
Nik Bonitto
Justyn Ross
Arnold Ebiketie
Travon Walker
Kyler Gordon
Jaquan Brisker

Round 2 Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan · OT · Senior

Round 3a Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky · WR · Junior

Round 3b Sam Williams, Mississippi · Edge · Senior

Curious as to your thoughts?

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round...ted-in-round-1
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:37 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
this is Reuter's Three-round 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0

Round 1 Kaiir Elam, Florida · CB · Junior

leaving this on the table...

Jahan Dotson
Daxton Hill
Roger mcCreary
Chris Olave
Nik Bonitto
Justyn Ross
Arnold Ebiketie
Travon Walker
Kyler Gordon
Jaquan Brisker

Round 2 Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan · OT · Senior

Round 3a Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky · WR · Junior

Round 3b Sam Williams, Mississippi · Edge · Senior

Curious as to your thoughts?

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round...ted-in-round-1
Elam is good and it would be a pick that made sense if the Chiefs took him there. But I have a hard time believing they would pass on Walker AND Olave to take Elam.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 02-15-2022
Man, if we wait until the 3rd round comp to address edge in a freakishly deep DE class I'm just gonna be pissed off.

Wasn't it like 2014 where there was just an incredible WR draft class and we essentially skipped the pool altogether?

We just can't do that. Not when the need is as dire as it is and the draft fits that need so perfectly.

If Walker and Ebiketie are there in the first and we take Elam, I will be one extremely unhappy panda.

Wait a minute - that draft has DeMarvin Leal falling to the 3rd round. What the fuck? I haven't seen him slide past mid-2 in any draft so far. And while I think Raimann is a hell of a prospect and would actually love getting him at 2 (make that draft Walker/Raimann and I'd JIMP), there's just no way we wouldn't take Leal at the back of 2 if we went CB in round 1.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

It's all about who goes where. One of them is going to fall to us at 30 as guys move up and down the board.
Another opportunity for Veach to show his worth.

There are going to be a lot of divergent opinions on these similarly situated Edge rushers. So that means either 1) Veach's favorite attainable option could slide or 2) There will be opportunities for reasonable trade ups when other GMs who are a little more tentative on their evals for these guys decide to just slide down a bit and take who's left over.

This is another 'scouts draft' at least as it relates to the DE position. And that's where I think a good GM can really prove his value. There's going to be a way for Veach to get a difference maker at DE in this draft - he's just gotta be right.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm down with that.

I don't know where Kyler Gordon's stock ends up, but if it's in the right range I could get on board with that.

It would be weird to see Veach spend high draft assets on a CB, though. Kind of a "see it when I believe it" situation, to quote a guy we all know.
I was just coming to this thread to add Kyler Gordon to the list.

Too many people I respect have him in the 1st not to acknowledge that he’s a legitimate possibility.

Great fit with his size and freakish athleticism.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 AM 02-15-2022
Don’t have a problem taking Elam over Ebiketie, but no fucking way I’m taking him over Walker.

Honestly, I think Walker has a solid shot at making it to 30, and if he does, I think we run to the podium to make that selection.

Like Jermaine Johnson, he’s really just a perfect fit.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:12 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t have a problem taking Elam over Ebiketie, but no ****ing way I’m taking him over Walker.

Honestly, I think Walker has a solid shot at making it to 30, and if he does, I think we run to the podium to make that selection.

Like Jermaine Johnson, he’s really just a perfect fit.
If the Chiefs keep #30 and get one of Jermaine Johnson, Trevon Walker, or Cam Thomas, I think I'm pretty ecstatic. Even if they address DE in free agency with a couple of good veterans, that's an exciting player to add.

It's a really good DE draft. In all likelihood, one of Johnson, Walker, Thomas, or Karlaftis is going to be available at #30 and that's really stupid.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If the Chiefs keep #30 and get one of Jermaine Johnson, Trevon Walker, or Cam Thomas, I think I'm pretty ecstatic. Even if they address DE in free agency with a couple of good veterans, that's an exciting player to add.

It's a really good DE draft. In all likelihood, one of Johnson, Walker, Thomas, or Karlaftis is going to be available at #30 and that's really stupid.
There’s a good 4-5 DEs that I’d be happy coming out of the first round with. Add that to a couple of a DBs….and we’re going to be good.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 02-15-2022
DE seems to be a real 'market ineffeciency" kind of spot in that there's always vets hanging around to be had that can come in and make a difference. Get 2 or 3 of them this year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
DE seems to be a real 'market ineffeciency" kind of spot in that there's always vets hanging around to be had that can come in and make a difference. Get 2 or 3 of them this year.
I'm interested to see just how much Veach plans on reworking that defensive line as a whole.

You've got Danna and Kaindoh at DE. Then Jones, Wharton and Saunders at DT.

There are a couple of guys that could fill in at the back end of rotations in Herring and Calhoun.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 02-15-2022
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/edge/all/

Pick a couple guys from the mid to top of that list.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/edge/all/

Pick a couple guys from the mid to top of that list.
I think you need to change that sorting from Edge to Defensive Line. There's no way that Veach doesn't bring in another DT....more than likely a starter alongside Jones.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 02-15-2022
Either way. They've gotta get better there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 36
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up