Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:57 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Curious why these two aren't on our radar at the bottom of the 1st?

5. KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, SOUTH CAROLINA
BIG BOARD RANK: 26
Enagbare isn’t a spectacular athlete but wins with his elite length and hand usage, so much so that he’s barely behind the likes of Aidan Hutchinson with a 92.4 pass-rushing grade this season.

7. ARNOLD EBEKETIE, PENN STATE
BIG BOARD RANK: 37
Ebiketie transferred from Temple to Penn State and proved his production from 2020 was no fluke. He beat up on quality tackles en route to a 90.5 pass-rushing grade and 52 pressures.

PFF NFL DRAFT TOP 10 EDGE DEFENDERS:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-top-2...orge-karlaftis
They absolutely are.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:03 AM 02-09-2022
One thing to think about-

Earlier this season, with Fortson's development and the fact that they clearly liked Gray was that they were talking about 3 TE packages. Now, if you can do 3, you can certainly do 2-and we did, in fact, do quite a lot of 2TE packages as the year went on.

IF you're looking to force the defense into situations they don't want to, big TE's do the same thing for you that big WR's do when the defense also has to contend with speed like Hill and Hardman.

So, yeah, the big WR's aren't necessarily off my radar, and I don't think being over 6'0 is a problem or anything, but I'm looking more at speed and route running, quick twitch, Andy Reid style WR's that can create separation and match-up problems.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 02-09-2022
The dude from Penn state definitely is. He's good.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 02-09-2022
Guys like Ebeketie, Enagbare, and Myjai Sanders are on the bubble for me as potential 1st round targets.

If you’re going to get a guy from that tier, you might as well trade down and acquire more picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
ehh...I mean, he COULD, but is that his best use?

As a change of pace kind of thing, maybe but I think he's more of a prototypical FS.
I’m just looking more towards interchangeable pieces instead of people freaking out when they see someone in the FS spot who shouldn’t be there.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:53 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not taking a WR in the first anymore. We need immediate impact at that position and it's likely to have to come from FA.

It's going to come down to whether one of the 1st round DE's fall. If Thomas isn't there, I'm taking Brisker and locking down that position for the next 5 years.
This is where I’m at. You’ve got Kelce, Tyreek, Hardman in a contract year, Gray, Fortson, a FA WR and Powell and Pringle competing for the back end of the position.

We desperately need new blood at DL and safety. Even if Matheiu comes back. FA will dictate a lot of that but I’d still try and look at talented players there early.

It just depends on who is available. We can’t draft for need anymore. We did that with Clyde and look at what happened?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is where I’m at. You’ve got Kelce, Tyreek, Hardman in a contract year, Gray, Fortson, a FA WR and Powell and Pringle competing for the back end of the position.

We desperately need new blood at DL and safety. Even if Matheiu comes back. FA will dictate a lot of that but I’d still try and look at talented players there early.

It just depends on who is available. We can’t draft for need anymore. We did that with Clyde and look at what happened?
I don’t look at CEH as a need pick. That shit was a luxury pick that shouldn’t have happened.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:04 AM 02-09-2022
I think it was a stupid fucking pick and was made for need. They knew about Damien Williams situation and needed a weapon there.

It just doesn’t make sense. Andy has always found good RB’s later. Westbrook, Hunt, Williams, McKinnon, Ware.

We don’t even run the fucking ball. We throw it like 85% of the time. Should have drafted Tee Higgins to replace Sammy. We’d be In the SB right now if we just made that one correct pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:42 PM 02-09-2022
I’m starting to see a trend of Andrew Booth Jr. and George Karlaftis falling into our range.

That would be something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:43 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m starting to see a trend of Andre Booth Jr. and George Karlaftis falling into our range.

That would be something.
I was just getting ready to post something about Karlaftis. He seems to be showing up in Chiefs mocks now too.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:36 PM 02-09-2022
Honestly, Karlaftis is a tough eval. He’s physical and really good but also maybe tapped out physically.

I’m not sure I’d prefer him to guys like Enagbare or Sanders or Ebitekie or Drake Jackson who have more explosive athletic profiles.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:14 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Honestly, Karlaftis is a tough eval. He’s physical and really good but also maybe tapped out physically.

I’m not sure I’d prefer him to guys like Enagbare or Sanders or Ebitekie or Drake Jackson who have more explosive athletic profiles.
Honestly, if Karlaftis falls all the way to 30, there's going to be some DE prospects (probably of the group of 4 you mentioned even) available at our 2nd round pick. You could double up like the Bills did...
[Reply]
kccrow 06:16 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I really don't think this thought process is fair to the evaluation of Karlftis either. He likely is tapped out physically, he's 6'4" 275 and a load at the LOS. It's the same thing as Aidan Hutchinson being tapped out physically. Many of the others, especially a guy like Majai Sanders, don't play at the same level Karlaftis does and they need to establish pro bodies.

Karlaftis sets a hard edge and is disciplined against the run rather than a pin-your-ears-back, one-trick pony like many collegiate ends. He's explosive as well. He got a lot of double-teams too as he was the focal point at Purdue unlike a guy like Hutchinson or Obajo, where Michigan will likely have 3 guys on the line picked by the end of day 2 in this draft and could 4 from the unit drafted. I'm not saying those players are bad, they both look great, but they didnt have the doubles like Karlaftis had.

If there is any argument, he doesn't have elite bend. What he does do though is use his hands well and makes himself skinny to slip blocks and then his closing burst is elite. When he gets there, you know it too. I look at him as a perfect 4-3 LDE.

If he magically falls, I would take him well above any and all of the guys you have listed here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:52 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I really don't think this thought process is fair to the evaluation of Karlftis either. He likely is tapped out physically, he's 6'4" 275 and a load at the LOS. It's the same thing as Aidan Hutchinson being tapped out physically. Many of the others, especially a guy like Majai Sanders, don't play at the same level Karlaftis does and they need to establish pro bodies.

Karlaftis sets a hard edge and is disciplined against the run rather than a pin-your-ears-back, one-trick pony like many collegiate ends. He's explosive as well. He got a lot of double-teams too as he was the focal point at Purdue unlike a guy like Hutchinson or Obajo, where Michigan will likely have 3 guys on the line picked by the end of day 2 in this draft and could 4 from the unit drafted. I'm not saying those players are bad, they both look great, but they didnt have the doubles like Karlaftis had.

If there is any argument, he doesn't have elite bend. What he does do though is use his hands well and makes himself skinny to slip blocks and then his closing burst is elite. When he gets there, you know it too. I look at him as a perfect 4-3 LDE.

If he magically falls, I would take him well above any and all of the guys you have listed here.

I admittedly haven’t watched him much because I never expected him to make it out of the top 15. I’ll take a deeper look if he continues to be mocked in the later first.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:11 PM 02-09-2022
Yea, I thought Karlaftis was a bit overrated when most had him in the top 10-15 picks, but he’d be an absolute steal at 30.

It would be very similar to Greg Rousseau’s fall last year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 36
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up