Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
SAGA45 03:08 PM 02-15-2022
I like Winfrey quite a bit. Natural pass rusher who can still get better vs the run. If they forego DT in the 1st then I'm hoping for UConn's Travis Jones on day two. He's more of a run plugger in the Mike Pennel mode (6'4" 330) but is more explosive. He's one of those strong af guys that muddies things inside but flashes some pass rush prowess here and there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Where would you rank Jermaine Johnson and Cameron Thomas?
Real close. And can both be used almost identically.

I'd probably take Johnson over Thomas because he appears to be a little more athletic. But Thomas seems to enjoy being physical a bit more. And the combine could dispel some of those thoughts as well.

Another slight edge for Johnson is he played in a Power 5 conference and had some nice games against quality opponents.

I wouldn't complain about either and ultimately would be surprised if we were left with an actual choice. One of them may be there, but I doubt both will.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:18 PM 02-15-2022
Seems like there is a frantic rush on first round ER's every year>
Im sure Burt has got a great plan b,c,d,e.....
[Reply]
poolboy 05:26 PM 02-15-2022
When have we had success on a first round WR?
I have ptsd on that...maybe D. Bowe
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:16 PM 02-15-2022
Man, go get this kid.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:34 PM 02-15-2022
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:37 PM 02-15-2022
Two first round RBs is how you win in this league. Everyone knows that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:56 PM 02-15-2022
I bet they can get him in the 2nd.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:47 PM 02-15-2022
Veach says he is rebuilding the DL right?
Lets go big DT with a motor if all the edges are gone
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cameron Thomas.

And if either of those remaining DE’s slide to us in the second or even within trade up range with one of our 3rds, I take him as well and smile.

Maybe I’m just not in a proper headspace right now but there’s damn near no limit to the attention I’d give the defensive line. It’s absolutely killing us. And if those early season struggles on defense contributed to plays from Mahomes that shook his confidence, then those are issues we never truly cleared.

Fix the DL, dammit.
DJ, you had me here. There is no head in the right space here - it is off of the top of your head and I trust YOUR instincts. I will consider you my ride or die throughout this offseason and draft. I like the way you think and I believe in your opinions. GEAUX CHIEFS! :-) Time to focus on the defense - no matter what the cost. This team WAS KILLER in the 90's on defense. Time to get that back.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:13 AM 02-16-2022
If I were Bert Veech, these would be my positional picks:

1st round – Safety
2nd round – DE
3rd round – WR
3rd round comp – CB but if a can't miss RB is available, go that route.
4th round – the above but interchangable (RB or if a can't miss corner is available)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:09 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:

1st round – Safety
2nd round – DE
3rd round – WR
4th round – the above but interchangable (RB or if a can't miss corner is available)
Horrible strategy
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:16 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:

1st round – Safety
2nd round – DE
3rd round – WR

Gotta be more flexible than this.

Just based on the strengths of the draft, it’s likely the best player on the board at 30 is a S or DE. I’d put the highest odds on DE because there are about a half dozen guys worth that selection who COULD be there. At S, you’re talking about 3 or so. One of whom is going to 5. It’s possible Hill and Brisker both go in the teens/20s, which would make S a bad pick at 30.

I think it’s likely they draft a DB and a DE with their first two picks, but the combination just depends on what other teams do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
DJ, you had me here. There is no head in the right space here - it is off of the top of your head and I trust YOUR instincts. I will consider you my ride or die throughout this offseason and draft. I like the way you think and I believe in your opinions. GEAUX CHIEFS! :-) Time to focus on the defense - no matter what the cost. This team WAS KILLER in the 90's on defense. Time to get that back.
That 90's defense is never coming back. The rules have changed too much. Plus, we're an offensive team both in spirit and financially.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That 90's defense is never coming back. The rules have changed too much. Plus, we're an offensive team both in spirit and financially.
Agreed - the league just isn't built for those kinds of defenses anymore.

But we do need a defense that can lean on a team. When the offense goes out there and gets an 18 point advantage, we need a defense that can treat the opponent like they're 'short stacked' and use that edge to just bury them.

I don't think it's realistic to expect the team to out there and build a defense that will win you games 17-13. But the defense absolutely has to be able to be sitting on a 21-3 lead facing 3rd and 5 w/ 3 minutes left in the half and the opponent buried in their own territory and finish that goddamn football game.

Or at least make the drive uncomfortable. The Bengals converted that 3rd down from their own 35 and 4 plays later had a touchdown.

Defense in today's NFL is about situational success. And this defense was ostensibly built for EXACTLY that scenario. But they just didn't come through. There's no reason we can't continue with the same sort of approach but execute it better. And the way to do that will be to continue to stack depth in the secondary while constructing a D-Line that can harass quarterbacks when they're in do or die situations.

We used to look at the QB position and say "Hey, we don't need a guy that will play a perfect game every time out. We need a guy who, at least once or twice in the post-season, can pull a game from the fire and steal us a win..."

Well now we have the inverse. I don't need a defense that wins us 4 games in the post-season. I need a defense that will get out there and just once or twice find a way to get us a win when the offense just wasn't firing on all cylinders.

That's not asking too much, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 36
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up