ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 469
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:03 PM 01-13-2022

Royals RHP Arodys Vizcaino's minor-league contract is worth $1 million, source tells The Athletic. He'll earn an additional $500,000 if he makes big-league club. A classic Royals high-upside reliever signing. Was dominant a few years ago. Has dealt with some injuries. Major velo.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) January 13, 2022

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:46 PM 01-15-2022

Source: #Royals agree to a $800K deal with catcher Juan Olmos, #25 on @MLBPipeline’s Top 50 Int’l Prospects list, No. 45 OF Henry Ramos ($800K) and OF Erick Torres ($500,000) https://t.co/LWetCicBy0

— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) January 15, 2022

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:01 PM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Man that 1994 squad had a pitching staff:
Cone
Appier
Flash Gordon
Gubicza
Hipolito Pichardo
Jeff Montgomery as closer

Shame the strike derailed that season. We had the pitching and just enough offense to do some damage in the playoffs.
With snow on the ground today, this is exactly what I needed. With that streak I really think it showed them they could win the division.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:49 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Updated list on the Baseball America website
Kansas City Royals ($6,262,600)

Henry Ramos, OF, Dominican Republic
Juan Olmos, C, Colombia
Ivan Sosa, SS, Dominican Republic
Erick Torres, OF, Dominican Republic
Shawn Oduber, RHP, Aruba
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:55 PM 01-20-2022
A weekend trip to see the Royals in Nashville, I think I would do that

Nashville and Montreal are #MLB's top two expansion sites.

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:01 PM 01-20-2022
Baseball Prospectus released it's top 101 today.

Bobby Witt Jr. is their #1 guy, outweighing Rutschman and J-Rod. Which feels appropriate to me.

Melendez and Pratto also check in on that top 100 list (35 and 72).

If Lacy is healthy and has a good start to the season, he could push his way in as well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:18 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Baseball Prospectus released it's top 101 today.

Bobby Witt Jr. is their #1 guy, outweighing Rutschman and J-Rod. Which feels appropriate to me.

Melendez and Pratto also check in on that top 100 list (35 and 72).

If Lacy is healthy and has a good start to the season, he could push his way in as well.
I hate your fucking picture lol
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:21 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hate your ****ing picture lol
I am a sexy man/swordmaster.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:33 PM 01-20-2022
When MLB expands to 32 and goes to 4 divisions in each league here is what I would propose for the playoffs regarding the wild card round:

Wildcard Round
4 Division winners play a wild card team in 3 game series. Here is the catch - wild card has to win all 3 games to advance, while division winner only has to win one. Would that not create some exciting games and still make winning the division very important.

Division, league championship and World Series all the same.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:16 AM 01-21-2022
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...257463398.html

Bobby Witt Jr. leads three Kansas City Royals in Baseball America top prospect rankings
BY LYNN WORTHY

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City Royals All-Star Whit Merrifield already playfully nicknamed Bobby Witt Jr. “The Franchise.”

Following Witt’s first full season in the minors, Kansas City Royals president of baseball operations Dayton Moore dubbed the young standout thought to be a future star “the real deal, on the field, off the field.”

On Wednesday, the industry’s leading publication, Baseball America, ranked Witt third among professional baseball prospects heading into the 2022 season. Baltimore Orioles switch-hitting catcher Adley Rutschman, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 MLB Draft, garnered the top ranking. The former Oregon State star who turns 24 next month, spent 2021 playing at Double-A and Triple-A. Seattle Mariners outfielder Julio Rodriguez, 21, ranked second after an outstanding season playing at High-A and Double-A.

Three of the Royals’ best minor-league players made Baseball America’s Top 100 list. Catcher MJ Melendez, who led Minor League Baseball with 41 home runs, ranked No. 42, while first baseman and 2017 first-round draft pick Nick Pratto ranked No. 43. Earlier this offseason, Baseball America ranked left-handed pitcher Asa Lacy ahead of Melendez and Pratto on their Royals top prospects list. Lacy is not on the Top 100. Witt, who will turn 22 in June, already graced the cover of the Baseball America’s October edition after having been named the Minor League Player of the Year for 2021. He also earned USA Today’s Minor League Player of the Year honor.

The Royals selected Witt with the second overall pick in the 2019 MLB Draft out of Colleyville Heritage High School in Texas. He was the national high school player of the year and one of the top-rated high school shortstop prospects to enter the draft in decades.

Witt, who hadn’t played above the Rookie level of the minors prior to this past season, had a tremendously successful season at the Double-A and Triple-A levels last season. He slashed .290/.361/.575 with 33 home runs, 35 doubles, 29 stolen bases and 97 RBIs in 123 games (61 at Double-A, 62 at Triple-A).

Baseball America dubbed him the “Best Athlete” in the Royals farm system. A rainout of a game in progress in the final week of the minor-league season wiped out a stolen base that would have made him the third minor-league player with at least 30 steals, 30 doubles and 30 home runs in a season since 1990 (Luis Robert in 2019, Grant Desme in 2009).

Witt, who is not currently on the Royals’ 40-man roster, figures to make a strong case to make the Opening Day roster out of spring training this season.

The Royals will have to figure out how to navigate a potential infield logjam with Merrifield coming off an All-Star season at second base and having been one of the top defensive players at that position as well as Nicky Lopez turning in his best season in the majors while playing shortstop on a daily basis along with dynamic five-tool phenom shortstop Adalberto Mondesi looking to bounce back from an injury-marred 2021 season.

A highly touted shortstop, Witt could break into the majors at third base in order to get on the field and get his bat in the lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:58 PM 01-22-2022
I was perusing some MLB news and discovered Jon Lester retired. Helluva a career. Tip of the cap to Jon Lester.

The last AL game he started came on 09/30/2014. The Wild Card game.

The jumpstart to that spectacular two year Royal run.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:14 AM 01-23-2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NucBVx2WtJ8

During football playoff weeks I try to fill my time with busy little tasks. Keep my mind off the playoff games until kickoff.

This week is no different.

I discovered that every single FULL episode of This Week In Baseball is on youtube. I've been down that rabbit hole for several days. As usual, some offshoots appear, such as the one I posted above.

If you spent some of your childhood Saturdays watching TWIB followed by NBC Game Of The Week with Curt Gowdy/Vin Scully and Tony Kubeck/Joe Garagiola, then you'll enjoy this as much as I have.

Thank me later...

These were the players of my youth. And this particular 9 minute has the entire theme song from TWIB, Gathering Crowds. It's incredibly beautiful.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 02:10 PM 01-23-2022

“Ben Kudrna has already put on 20-30 pounds of ‘good weight’ and he’s regularly touching 99 mph with his fastball these days.”

You know what we say here. https://t.co/fSDZQEYpJn

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) January 23, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 02:58 PM 01-23-2022
Would really like there to be a season. Going to be alot of growth this year for our boys in blue. Then in 2023 we'll just have to win it all.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:04 PM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

During football playoff weeks I try to fill my time with busy little tasks. Keep my mind off the playoff games until kickoff.

This week is no different.

I discovered that every single FULL episode of This Week In Baseball is on youtube. I've been down that rabbit hole for several days. As usual, some offshoots appear, such as the one I posted above.

If you spent some of your childhood Saturdays watching TWIB followed by NBC Game Of The Week with Curt Gowdy/Vin Scully and Tony Kubeck/Joe Garagiola, then you'll enjoy this as much as I have.

Thank me later...

These were the players of my youth. And this particular 9 minute has the entire theme song from TWIB, Gathering Crowds. It's incredibly beautiful.
Gonna have to watch that. I grew up watching that show on Saturdays. I always remember "This is Mel Allen and welcome to This Week in Baseball".
[Reply]
Page 4 of 469
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up