ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official St. Louis Blues are my favorite hockey team thread****
Megatron96 09:30 PM 10-25-2021
The 2021-22 St. Louis Blues (and my favorite NHL team) make franchise history!!! 5-0!!!

"Vladimir Tarasenko scored two goals and Ville Husso recorded his second career shutout as the St. Louis Blues remained undefeated in five games with a 2-0 victory Monday night over the Los Angeles Kings.

The Blues are off to a 5-0 start for the first time in franchise history. The Kings haven't won since their season opener.

It was Tarasenko's first multi-goal game since Feb. 14, 2019. Husso stopped 34 shots in making his first start of the season between the pipes. The Finnish goalie, in his second season, improved to 2-1 against Kings.

Kings goalie Jonathan Quick had 32 saves in falling to 12-16-3 lifetime against St. Louis."

The rest of the story here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...cid=uxbndlbing

The St. Louis Blues are off to great start, going 5-0 to lead the Central Division after defeating the LA Kings tonight, for the second time in three days. Setting another franchise record, the Blues have scored 25 goals in just 5 games, and lead the NHL in GF/G.

The Blues play CO next in three days.

LET'S. GO. BLUES.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:05 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Without RoR and without Schenn most of the night.

Saad looks damn good and Neal's been a sneaky good pickup. Reminds me a little of Morrow that season we got him for cheap and he had a few drops of gas left in the tank.

With Tarasenko playing at a high level and guys like Walman giving you credible efforts, this is a damn good team. It still lacks the high-end punch that teams like Colorado can throw at you, but it's awfully deep. It can roll 3 dangerous lines and a 4th that isn't completely punchless. That makes you a really dangerous road team because the home team can't use having 2nd change to neutralize your top line.

So if you can stay out of the penalty box and force some offensive zone draws, you're going to get yourself in a lot of nice matchup situations where your 2nd line (and often even your 1st) is playing a less defensively capable line because they've just been used against another semi-dangerous line.

That depth helps a lot and not just when you get your 3rd line against their 3rd line. It helps you occasionally get your 1st line against their 3rd line.
Agree 100%.

Also, maybe it's my imagination, but I really think this team has more talent offensively than they did last season. Saad is definitely heating up, as is Tarasenko, and i think Kyrou and Neighbors are trending in the right direction. This could be a deep playoff team if they can stay healthy.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:10 PM 11-07-2021
Saad looks damn good
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 12-30-2021
In honor of Chief becoming the 7th person in NHL history to play 1000 games and then win 200 as a coach - the greatest speech ever. A whopping 12 seconds...for the rest of their lives.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 12-30-2021
SC hype videos:

Fuck that was fun, man. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go tear a phonebook in half. Once I find a phonebook.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:20 AM 12-30-2021
The St. Louis Blues are the greatest and only good thing to come out of St. Louis in the history of ever
[Reply]
scho63 12:07 PM 12-30-2021
The NHL has been crushed by COVID. They sure are pussies for tough guys.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:13 PM 12-30-2021
Gonna be a shit show of freezing cold up in the Twin Cities
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:18 PM 12-30-2021
This thread is right up there with a WNBA thread. Idiotic and worthless.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yeah - because it's the players that are shutting things down and not the fact that the sport has 1/4 of its teams in Canada where they're still crazier than shithouse rats about COVID.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:27 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
This thread is right up there with a WNBA thread. Idiotic and worthless.
Guess you don't need access to it then.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:30 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Guess you don't need access to it then.
This is the sort of thing that prevents me from having Mod powers.

I'd do this shit a couple times/day.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:31 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Its because of the Canadians.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:38 PM 12-30-2021
This is the sort of thing that prevents me from having Mod powers.

I'd do this shit a couple times/day.
And within 3 minutes I get a PM that I'm a power hungry jerk, because he's apparently closely monitoring this worthless idiotic thread.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:40 PM 12-30-2021
And within 3 minutes I get a PM that I'm a power hungry jerk, because he's apparently closely monitoring this worthless idiotic thread.
Tuckdaddy is a worthless fuck
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 12-30-2021
Did you jerk off to it?

Because I'd have jerked off to it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up